- The various Soil types are created with the world, but only Sand and Granite (and sometimes Snow) can actually be created in-world. Ignoring variations of grass, moss, and biome conversion, that leaves Dirt, Stone, Clay, Mud, Silt, Slush, Desert Fossil, Hardened Sand, Sandstone, Ice, Thin Ice, Ash, and Marble as plentiful but non-renewable. This extends to items created from the above materials, including:
- Gems are found placed in the world, but the only other source for them is using an Extractinator on Silt, Slush, and Desert Fossils. Therefore gems (including Amber), are non-renewable, as is the Amber Mosquito item. Note that it is possible to deplete a world's Extractinator blocks, especially in a small world.
- Hive blocks are found only in hives in the Jungle. Since Hive (or a Larva, which is only generated with the world) is needed to summon the Queen Bee, this makes the Queen Bee's drops (except Bottled Honey), and any item made with Bee Wax (Bee armor, Beenade, Hornet Staff), plentiful but non-renewable.
- Some types of natural Wall cannot be harvested or crafted by the player; even harvestable walls will no longer be considered "natural" if they are harvested and replaced.
- Chlorophyte Ore is created by replacing mud, which can be crafted from dirt, but is still technically non-renewable. In practice this makes chlorophyte "nearly unlimited", but it would conceivably be possible to deplete a world's mud/dirt. This likewise applies to Shroomite and Spectre Bars, which are made from chlorophyte. For tips on "farming" chlorophyte, see Guide:Farming Resources.
- Hellstone is arguably plentiful, but still finite.
A few items are created with the world in particular locations, and cannot otherwise be created in world. This includes (but is not limited to) furnishings and materials from several fixed structures, notably the Dungeon, the Jungle Temple, the Underworld's Ruined Houses. It also covers most of the special chests from these structures, and most Trap blocks.
- Varied Locations:
- Sky Islands:
- Cloud blocks (including rain and snow cloud).
- Underground and Caverns:
- Jungle Temple:
Various special chests spawn with a world, and even those chests which have corresponding Crates have a few items which are not found in in the crates. In all cases, items are listed under only the first chest they appear in. All of the chests listed below are themselves uncraftable and non-renewable items. Some of these chests are common enough to qualify as "plentiful", but random chance can still fail to supply one of their items in a given world.
In general, the non-renewability of these items extends to items crafted from them; the notable exception is Hermes and Flurry boots., whose upgrades can all be crafted with Sailfish boots.
- Gold Chest (most items are shared with naturally generated Wooden chests):
- Gold Chests in Pyramid:
- Ice Chest
- Ivy Chest
- Living Wood Chest
- Skyware Chest
- Water Chest
- Web Covered Chest
- Shadow Chest
- the four-out-of-five Biome Chests in the Dungeon: Frozen, Jungle, Hallowed, and either Corruption or Crimson.
Non-renewable Crafting Stations[编辑 | 编辑源代码]
It seems worthwhile to summarize those crafting stations which are non-renewable (as listed above). Special mention for the Sharpening Station, which is not a crafting station but in some ways resembles one.