Plantera's Bulbs are 困难模式 background objects that, when broken without an explosive, will summon 世纪之花. They are found naturally-placed in random 地下丛林 locations, once all 3 of the 机械 Boss have been defeated (the status message "The jungle grows restless" indicates that Plantera's Bulbs have begun spawning). A Bulb must be destroyed with a 镐, a 钻头, or the 环境改造枪 in order to summon Plantera.
Plantera's Bulbs emit moderate light, and will appear in the 小地图 in areas the player has already explored. They spawn one at a time after a delay of about half a day between them, and unless destroyed, several will eventually be present (10-15 in a 小 world's naturally-generated Underground Jungle). If destroyed, they respawn after the same delay (though not necessarily in the same spot), allowing the player to summon Plantera an infinite number of times.
- Bulbs are very easy to spot, as they emit a faint pink light. On the map screen, they appear as small pink areas. They will also be labeled "Plantera's Bulb" if you hover over them on the map screen.
- Plantera's Bulbs can spawn in player-produced Underground Jungle areas.
- Bulb placement is partially random, but they do spawn at somewhat regular intervals of roughly 150-300 tiles from each other. The more Underground Jungle a world contains, the more Bulbs will spawn. They do not require Underground Jungle between them, so small areas of Underground Jungle at least 300 tiles away from each other will each eventually spawn Bulbs (see image to the right).
- If a Bulb is broken while Plantera is still alive, a second 世纪之花 will not spawn.
- If one of the two blocks under the bulb turns in a 叶绿矿 block, the bulb will break and Plantera will spawn.
- Bulbs can spawn outside of the Jungle as long as there are Jungle Grass blocks for them to spawn on. However, breaking them may cause Plantera to "enrage" immediately.
- If Plantera's Bulb is in 液体 and other liquid touches it the bulb will be destroyed from the block which is created (蜂蜜/黑曜石/Crispy Honey), although Plantera won't be spawned.
- If lava comes in contact with Plantera's Bulb, it can destroy it, but Plantera will not spawn. 验证
- The Bulbs are very similar in appearance to Plantera's first form.