生物群落寶箱 are 困難模式, post-世紀之花 寶箱s found within the 地牢. Each contains one specific rare, powerful weapon, in addition to other miscellaneous items. While Biome Chests are placed during world creation, they are initially locked and can only be opened with an appropriate 生物群落鑰匙, which will only become available in 困難模式.
Only four Biome Chests (one of each type) will spawn in a particular world. Each represents a 生物群落 found in the current world. There are five types of Biome Chests in total, though a world will only contain one of the Crimson or Corruption variant, depending on which of those biomes the world contains.
To open a Biome Chest:
- Kill 世紀之花 to lift the curse from 生物群落鑰匙s, allowing the keys to be used. If you have not killed 世紀之花 keys have the inscription "It has been cursed by a powerful Jungle creature".
- Obtain the appropriate 生物群落鑰匙 by killing 敵怪 within their respective 生物群落.
- Return to the Dungeon and find the appropriate Chest for the Key you found.
The chests also contain common items depending on the height they were found:
|豐厚戰利品 • "用一把特別的鑰匙打開地牢中的其中一個神秘大寶箱。"|
|Open your first Biome Chest.|
- In the 移動版, Frozen Chests are obtainable pre-Hardmode. Unlocked Frozen Chests generate in 心之神龕s, but do not contain a 寒霜九頭蛇法杖. Instead, they may contain 拾心藥水s, 心形雕像s, 紅心燈籠s, 心箭s, a 情人節戒指, or 錢幣s.
- Biome Key drops are incredibly rare (1/2500 is the chance of a key dropping from a defeated enemy in a biome). You'll probably need to defeat many thousands of enemies to see one drop. With the right equipment and some time, you can set up a biome key farm or grinder in the biome to get there sooner.
- 220.127.116.11：Biome keys are now dropped instead of key molds. Biome Chests can only be opened after Plantera has been defeated.
- 1.2.1：Biome keys are now crafted with rare hardmode drops.