|Version & Release Date
|Estimated October - December 2017
PS4 & Xbox One.
Nintendo Switch ETA unknown.
|Reset + 1.3 Update
(22.214.171.124 PC Equivalent) 
In an attempt to align Desktop content and Console content (with the potential for future cross-platform play), all exclusive Console content will be changed.
- Console Exclusive armors will now be vanity sets, available via the Traveling Merchant's rotating inventory.
- Currently-owned sets will still exist, but will automatically be changed to Vanity.
- Console Exclusive weapons will be removed from the game entirely.
- Currently-owned weapons will be automatically replaced with similar gear at the Chlorophyte tier.
- Tonbogiris will be replaced with Chlorophyte Partisans.
- Sharanga will be replaced with Hellwing Bow.
- Spectral Arrows/Vulcan Bolts with be replaced with Hellfire/Chlorophyte arrows, respectively.
- Console-Exclusive mobs will be removed in their entirety.
- Most of these were reskins/recolors that do not fit into vision and balance of the game. There is a chance that a few of the more interesting will be revisited at a later date.
- Console Vanity will be removed from the game, with the exception of the Horned God set. This will be added to the Traveling Merchant's inventory.
- Sparkly Wings will be removed from the game
- Currently-owned Sparkly Wings will be replaced by Cenx's Wings.
- Console-exclusive Pets will be removed from the game
- Currently-owned exclusive pets will be replaced with a gold bunny each. Feel free to sell him for 10g or put it in your very own bunny cage to replace that pet companionship.
- There is a chance that a few of these will be revisited at a later date and re-added to the game with revamped art and/or AI.
- Ocram and his related mobs and summons will be removed from the game.
- Ocram Mask and Trophy will remain in the game as "legacy" items. Any that exist at the update will remain, but there will be no further way to obtain them in game once the update arrives.
- Souls of Blight will be removed from the game
- Players will receive 5g for each Soul of Blight owned (the current sell price of Souls of Blight)
|Template:Release PlayStation & Xbox
- Dragon, Spectral and Titan armor now craftable with Titanium
- Tizona, Tonbogiri and Vulcan Repeater now craftable with Titanium
- Stability in multiplayer games improved
- Bug fixes
- Various edge-case crash bugs fixed
- No more crashes when renaming chests; chests function correctly in network games
- Slimer achievement now unlocks
- Rebought items can be reforged
- Many fishing issues fixed
- New levers actuate correctly
- Spectre set bonus working correctly
- Elf Archer no longer immune to cannonball fire
- Flairon, Sharknado glitches resolved
- No longer autobuy first item from a Merchant
- Items no longer auto-equip when you don’t expect it
|Template:Release PlayStation & Xbox One
Jun 28, 2016 Wii U (retail)
Jul 11, 2016 Xbox 360
- The 'Arctic Diving Gear' is now visible.
- Jellyfish Jars no longer appear to cycle too quickly and in sync with each other.
- Placed 'Crimson Axe Banner' graphics are now correct.
- Activating the "Slimy Saddle" now generates a correct SFX.
- Activating certain Staves now generates a correct SFX.
- Cape graphics no longer appear with wings when standing and flying.
- The firefly in the 'Firefly in a Bottle' item no longer appears green nor cycles too quickly.
- The 'Lightning Bug in a Bottle' item no longer appears to cycle too quickly.
- The hand of 'Ancient Shadow Scalemail' no longer appears on user's character after equipping 'Spider Breastplate' in the 'Equip' section.
- Different walls types now blend at the seams
- Duke Fishron's eyes now appear yellow instead of red when in his 2nd form.
- Boreal tree color no longer appears too light.
- Gemspark Blocks are now as bright as they should be.
- The wobbling trees no longer appear in the background.
- fixed:The water falling SFX only starts playing after 2 minutes.
- All equipped accessories are now visible on the user's avatar.
- Items such as 'Flare Gun' and 'Umbrella' no longer appear as floating textures when held in a minecart.
- Uninvited players can no longer join world.
- The projectiles from the Chlorophyte armor now spawn from the Leaf Crystal when in PVP.
- The Dye Trader now sells team Dye in a multiplayer game.
- The Nurse now spawns if the client meets the requirements for the NPC to appear.
- Players from different teams no longer remain visible on the map when activating PVP.
- Other players' health now show the proper amount of health in PVP.
- The Flower of Frost now gives the Frostburn debuff in PVP.
- The "Wall Of Flesh" will no longer be invisible to the client if the host summons the boss while the client is at a moderate distance.
- On the Host's screen, 'Blocks' and 'Doors' placed by Host at default spawn point no longer follow the Client's character if Client joins the Host's game.
- The love potion and stink potion now applies the buff and the visual effect on the client when thrown.
- Players are now able to see other users on the map if they are situated in unrevealed parts of the map.
- The Host is now able to see the explosion of the fireworks launched by the client.
- The client no longer remains in an online game where the host crashed (this had lead to various issues and potential exploits).
- The invitation button is now present in game when the a profile has chat/messaging restriction turned on.
- The player will no longer get an infinite loading screen if they suspend the game while creating an online session.
- The "Beetle Endurance" buff no longer requires idle play to activate in multiplayer.
- The user will no longer continue into an Online world when a disconnection occurs in the loading (this had lead to a freeze when sending an invite).
- Suspending the title during an online enabled world while having a splitscreen user no longer results in an error.
- When two teams of 4 users are in-game simultaneously, the client's team will no longer lose connection to the game after a while.
- Debuffs in PVP now affect other players.
- Mobs/bosses are no longer invisible or partially invisible for client players.
- Specific combinations of walls, blocks and objects no longer cause corrupt or missing textures for client users.
- Game mechanics
- The Pirate NPC now sells the 'Sail' item.
- Cogs can now be placed as blocks.
- Waterleaf now blooms in rain.
- Weapon Racks now drop their held item when destroyed.
- Silk stacks no longer max out at 99.
- Slimy Saddle summon no longer sinks in water.
- The paintings no longer appear to be floating in the air and now fall on the ground if the user destroys the background walls.
- Players can no longer pass through the locked Jungle/Lihzahrd Temple door without the key.
- The Golem can no longer be spawned before killing Plantera.
- Tiles now have priority over Walls when torches are placed.
- The Ocean Biome is no longer mixed with the Desert.
- Acorns will now grow on sand when planted
- The dresser can now be used to change the player's clothes.
- When shopping with a merchant you are now able to see your currency.
- Activating the King's statue no longer teleports the Party Girl.
- Activating the King's statue now teleports the Traveling Merchant.
- Trees now act as a surface for placing platforms.
- The mining potion now applies the buff like on the PC version.
- Wires dropped into the world now stack themselves.
- Lamps can now be turned on/off with levers.
- Levers now power multiple wires.
- The Spelunker potion now shows the ores in a gold color and no longer emits light.
- Rich presence information is now localized for all supported languages.
- The sorting order of the entries in the leaderboard for all categories is now correct.
- Sticky Grenade description is now localized.
- Molotov Cocktail description is now localized.
- The Staves descriptions of summons is now localized.
- Rapid Fire Projectile Weapons audio is no longer too slow for the fire rate.
- The wire cutters no longer only cut the wires in front of the character when in smart cursor.
- The music no longer randomly stops.
- The mini minotaur from the tartar sauce will now de-spawn when cancelling the buff.
- The flames from the Flame Trap now extend 23 blocks instead of 46 blocks.
- Actuators no longer leave areas deactivated after the actuator is removed and the blocks are replaced.
- Switches, Levers, etc' no longer power the spaces surrounding them.
- The "bomb", the "dynamite" and the "land mine" no longer deal almost twice the damage to players.
- Platforms now consider spaces diagonal to valid surfaces to be legal locations for placement.
- Auto Aim now functions with any (some?) form of minecart tracks.
- Wings now prevent fall damage if the user is in a minecart.
- Upside down slopes are now restored properly after loading.
- Bushes no longer appear neon pink or purple on the map.
- Necro Armor item descriptions now state they enhance ranged damage by 5% instead of 4%.
- Up' and 'Down' no longer switch functionality with featherfall while the world is flipped.
- Depressing the use button no longer causes seeds to be planted twice.
- The cursor no longer becomes detached from the user when flipping gravity from falling into the sky.
- Auto-aim now functions while upside down.
- Auto placing walls no longer overshoot solid tiles. Can now make a wall inside a house without making a mess.
- Tiles now save hits.
- Subsequent waves after the first one are now localized when summoning the Frost Moon Event.
- Fixed the misspelled tooltip when user kills The Twins.
- The honey no longer appears pink on the map during day time.
- Summoning the maximum amount of one type of minion when another type is active will no longer dismiss all the minions at once.
- Demon Altar no longer shows in crafting menu instead of Crimson Altar while highlighting on the Demon altar item.
- Platform specific
- Vita - Shop now works correctly with touchscreen.
- Vita - The 2.25 version of the publishing tools is now used instead of using version 2.21.
- Vita - The inventory prompts no longer overlap with the Quick Stack option.
- Vita - switch category button prompt no longer missing in crafting (in tutorial).
- PS - The activity feed post now has an icon.
- PS - TUS size no longer needs to be increased to allow cross save to work for all worlds.
- PS3 - The message displayed upon receiving an invitation no longer appears cutoff in French.
- PS3 - Fixed: The title asks for 17 MB when there is not enough space for a new save data even though its maximum size is 20 MB on the Fishing update.
- PS3 - The system no longer crashes when quitting the game while downloading or uploading a world from the cloud.
- PS3 - The application now terminates correctly when quitting the game immediately after boot.
- PS4 – The 2.11 version of the publishing tools is now used instead of version 1.84.
- PS4 - When idling in the world selection screen, the Web API calls no longer exceed the rate limit, are no longer infinitely retried, and no longer prevent the user from joining online sessions.
- 360 - The title no longer displays a connection error message when a profile without Xbox Live Gold attempts to upload data.
- 360 - The title no longer crashes when the user signs in at the title screen after signing out during an upload.
- 360 - The title no longer crashes when the host of a local multiplayer game signs out after failing to join an online multiplayer game.
- 360 - The title no longer crashes if a guest profile with the same name as a previously added guest tries to join the game session.
- XOne - The title now displays the user's Display Name when leaving a game.
- XOne - The title no longer enters an infinite loading upon suspending the title during the loading of an online session.
- XOne - When a host quits an online game, a message stating "has left." no longer appears at the bottom-left of the screen.
(1.2.4 PC equivalent)
- Updated sprites of console/mobile exclusive pet-summoning items
- Updated some potion sprites
- Doors no longer need to be opened manually.
- Ability to change platforms into stairs with a hammer
- Update music box graphics (each music box has its unique style)
- Add Music Notes animation for Music boxes
- Update Robe graphics
- Update graphics for Cobalt Shield, Obsidian Shield, Paladin’s Shield
- Automatically open doors
- Add Cactus variations
- Add biome-specific stalactites
- Add sounds for waterfalls and lavafalls
- Add sounds for critters
- Increase bird spawns during the morning
- Add various song sfx for birds
- Add upside-down slopes (for hammer, and in world-gen)
- Allow the placing of coins to create coin stacks
- Destroyer boss drops loot from segment closest to the player
- All non-event bosses can drop a Boss Mask (see items)
- Dyes stackable
- Turn rain red during a Blood Moon
- Add Shark Statue
- Add Underground Crimson music
- Quest system for Angler NPC
- Updated beach world-gen
- Angler NPC
- Travelling Merchant
- Duke Fishron (boss)
- Detonating Bubble (projectile from Duke Fishron)
- Glowing Snail
- Black Scorpion
- Lightning Bug
- Monarch Butterfly
- Sulphur Butterfly
- Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly
- Ulysses Butterfly
- Julia Butterfly
- Red Admiral Butterfly
- Purple Emperor Butterfly
- Tree Nymph Butterfly
- Truffle Worm
- Mallard Duck
- Bunny Mount
- Pigron Mount
- Turtle Mount
- Rudolph Mount
New Items (frost moon drops)
- Reindeer Bells [summon item/mount]
New Items (Boss drops)
- Duke Fishron Mask [vanity]
- Duke Fishron Trophy [furniture]
- Bubble Gun [weapon]
- Fishron Wings [accessory]
- Flairon [weapon]
- Tsunami [weapon]
- Razorblade Typhoon [weapon]
- Tempest Staff [weapon]
- Reindeer Bells [summon item/mount]
- King Slime Mask
- King Slime Trophy
- Eye of Cthulhu Mask
- Brain of Cthulhu Mask
- Eater of Worlds Mask
- Queen Bee Mask
- Skeletron Mask
- Wall of Flesh Mask
- Destroyer Mask
- Horned God Robe [vanity, drops from Destroyer, *CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE*]
- Twin Mask
- Horned God Boots [vanity, drops from the Twins, *CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE*]
- Skeletron Prime Mask
- Horned God Headpiece [vanity, drops from Skeletron Prime, *CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE*]
- Ocram Mask *CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE*
- Plantera Mask
- Golem Mask
- Beetle Husks [drops of Golem / material]
New Items (Quest rewards)
- Fuzzy Carrot [mount summon]
- Angler Hat [vanity]
- Angler Vest [vanity]
- Angler Pants [vanity]
- Golden Fishing Rod [fishing pole]
- Hotline Fishing Hook [fishing pole]
- Fin Wings [accessory]
- Fish Hook [grapple]
- High Test Fishing Line [accessory]
- Angler Earring [accessory]
- Tackle Box [accessory]
- Mermaid Hairpin [vanity]
- Mermaid Adornment [vanity]
- Mermaid Tail [vanity]
- Fish Costume Mask [vanity]
- Fish Costume Shirt [vanity]
- Fish Costume Finskirt [vanity]
- Coralstone Block
- Sonar Potion [consumable]
- Fishing Potion [consumable]
- Crate Potion [consumable]
- Bunnyfish Trophy [furniture]
- Goldfish Trophy [furniture]
- Sharkteeth Trophy [furniture]
- Swordfish Trophy [furniture]
- Treasure Map [furniture]
- Seaweed Planter [furniture]
- Pillagin me Pixels [painting]
- Compass Rose [furniture]
- Ship’s Wheel [furniture]
- Life Preserver [furniture]
- Wall Anchor [furniture]
- Ship in a Bottle [furniture]
- Apprentice Bait [consumable]
- Journeyman Bait [consumable]
- Master Bait [consumable]
New Items (Shops)
- Mechanic’s Rod [Fishing pole]
- Bubble Wallpaper [wall]
- Copper Pipe wallpaper [wall]
- Ducky Wallpaper [wall]
- Fancy Grey Wallpaper [wall]
- Ice Floe wallpaper [wall]
- Music wallpaper [wall]
- Purple Rain wallpaper [wall]
- Rainbow wallpaper [wall]
- Sparkle Stone wallpaper [wall]
- Starlit heaven wallpaper [wall]
- Traveling Merchant:
- Ammo Box
- Brick Layer [accessory]
- Celestial Magnet [accessory]
- Paint Sprayer [tool]
- Sake [consumable]
- Extendo Grip [accessory]
- Water Gun [weapon]
- Gypsy Robe [armor]
- Ultrabright Torch [light source]
- Pho [consumable]
- Pad Thai [consumable]
- Chalice [furniture]
- Gatligator [weapon]
- Pulse Bow [weapon]
- Arcane Rune Wall [wall/animated]
- Gi [armor]
- Magic Hat [armor]
- Fancy Dishes [furniture]
- Kimono [vanity]
- Fez [vanity]
- Katana [weapon]
- Revolver [weapon]
- Portable Cement Mixer [accessory]
- Dynasty Wood [material]
- Red Dynasty Shingles
- Blue Dynasty Shingles
- Zebra Skin [furniture]
- Leopard Skin [furniture]
- Tiger Skin [furniture]
- Sitting Duck’s Fishing Pole [fishing pole]
New Items (Fishing and Crate Loot)
- Armored Cave Fish [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Atlantic Cod [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Bass [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Blue Jellyfish [craft item and bait, obtained by fishing]
- Chaos Fish [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Crimson Tiger fish [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Damselfish [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Double Cod [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Ebonkoi [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Flarefin Koi [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Frost Minnow [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Golden Carp [moneymaking catch, obtained by fishing]
- Green Jellyfish [craft item and bait, obtained by fishing]
- Hemopiranha [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Neon Tetra [obtained by fishing]
- Obsidifish [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Pink Jellyfish [craft item and bait, obtained by fishing]
- Princess Fish [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Prismite [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Red Snapper [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Salmon [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Shrimp [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Specular Fish [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Stinkfish [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Trout [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Tuna [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Variagated Lardfish [craft item, obtained by fishing]
- Old Shoe [junk, obtained by fishing]
- Seaweed [junk, obtained by fishing]
- Tin Can [junk, obtained by fishing]
- Golden Crate [consumable, obtained by fishing]
- Iron Crate [consumable, obtained by fishing]
- Wooden Crate [consumable, obtained by fishing]
- Frog Leg [accessory, obtained by fishing]
- Honeyfin [consumable, obtained by fishing]
- Purple Clubberfish [weapon, obtained by fishing]
- Obsidian Swordfish [weapon, obtained by fishing]
- Reaver Shark [tool, obtained by fishing]
- Rockfish [tool, obtained by fishing]
- Sawtooth Shark [tool, obtained by fishing]
- Scaly Truffle [mount summon, obtained by fishing]
- Swordfish [weapon, obtained by fishing]
- Zephyr Fish [pet summon, obtained by fishing]
- Anchor [weapon, obtained from Wooden Crates]
- Ginger Beard [vanity, obtained from Iron Crates]
- Tartar Sauce [pet summon, obtained from Iron Crates]
- Falcon Blade [weapon, obtained from Iron Crates]
- Hardy Saddle [mount summon, obtained from Gold Crates]
New Items (Furniture):
- Many furniture items have changed recipes after introduction of the Glass Kiln, Flesh Cloning Vat, Bone Welder, Living Loom, Sky Mill, and Steampunk Boiler crafting stations
- Blue Dungeon Chest
- Blue Dungeon Lamp
- Blue Dungeon Bathtub
- Blue Dungeon Candelabra
- Blue Dungeon Sofa
- Blue Dungeon Dresser
- Blue Dungeon Piano
- Bone Welder
- Bone Bathtub
- Bone Bookcase
- Bone Bed
- Bone Lamp
- Bone Chandelier
- Bone Lantern
- Bone Candelabra
- Bone Piano
- Bone Dresser
- Bone Sofa
- Bone Chest
- Bone Clock
- Cactus Lantern
- Mushroom Sofa
- Obsidian Chandelier
- Obsidian Candle
- Obsidian Candelabra
- Obsidian Bathtub
- Obsidian Lantern
- Obsidian Lamp
- Obsidian Chest
- Obsidian Dresser
- Obsidian Piano
- Obsidian Sofa
- Obsidian Clock
- Pearlwood Lantern
- Pearlwood Candelabra
- Pearlwood Fence
- Pearlwood Sofa
- Pearlwood Clock
- Pearlwood Bookcase
- Pearlwood Lamp
- Pearlwood Candle
- Pearlwood Bathtub
- Pearlwood Chandelier
- Pink Dungeon Lamp
- Pink Dungeon Bathtub
- Pink Dungeon Chest
- Pink Dungeon Candelabra
- Pink Dungeon Sofa
- Pink Dungeon Dresser
- Pink Dungeon Piano
- Pumpkin Lamp
- Pumpkin Chandelier
- Pumpkin Bathtub
- Pumpkin Lantern
- Pumpkin Candelabra
- Pumpkin Bed
- Pumpkin Bookcase
- Pumpkin Piano
- Pumpkin Dresser
- Pumpkin Sofa
- Pumpkin Chest
- Pumpkin Clock
- Pumpkin Candle
- Rich Mahogany Lantern
- Rich Mahogany Candle
- Rich Mahogany Chandelier
- Rich Mahogany Bathtub
- Rich Mahogany Lamp
- Rich Mahogany Candelabra
- Rich Mahogany Clock
- Rich Mahogany Bookcase
- Rich Mahogany Sofa
- Rich Mahogany Fence
- Shadewood Bathtub
- Shadewood Lamp
- Shadewood Bookcase
- Shadewood Chandelier
- Shadewood Lantern
- Shadewood Candelabra
- Shadewood Candle
- Shadewood Fence
- Shadewood Sofa
- Shadewood Clock
- Sky Mill
- Skyware Workbench
- Skyware Platform
- Skyware Clock
- Skyware Bookcase
- Skyware Sofa
- Skyware Dresser
- Skyware Piano
- Skyware Lamp
- Skyware Bathtub
- Skyware Lantern
- Skyware Candle
- Skyware Chandelier
- Skyware Bed
- Skyware Candelabra
- Slime Bathtub
- Slime Bed
- Slime Bookcase
- Slime Candelabra
- Slime Candle
- Slime Chair
- Slime Chandelier
- Slime Chest
- Slime Clock
- Slime Door
- Slime Dresser
- Slime Lamp
- Slime Lantern
- Slime Piano
- Slime Platform
- Slime Sofa
- Slime Table
- Spooky Chest
- Spooky Candle
- Spooky Bookcase
- Spooky Clock
- Spooky Sofa
- Spooky Dresser
- Spooky Bathtub
- Spooky Chandelier
- Spooky Lantern
- Spooky Candelabra
- Spooky Piano
- Spooky Bed
- Spooky Lamp
- Steampunk Boiler
- Steampunk Candle
- Steampunk Chandelier
- Steampunk Platform
- Steampunk Piano
- Steampunk Workbench
- Steampunk Chest
- Steampunk Clock
- Steampunk Bathtub
- Steampunk Candelabra
- Steampunk Lantern
- Steampunk Lamp
- Steampunk Sofa
- Steampunk Dresser
- Steampunk Bookcase
- Iron Fence
- Heavy Workbench
- Blacksmith Rack
- Carpentry Rack
- Helmet Rack
- Spear Rack
- Sword Rack
- '0' Statue - '9' Statue and 'A' Statue - 'Z' Statue
- Wine Glass [Furniture]
- Fishbowl [Furniture]
- Terrarium [Furniture]
- Squirrel Cage [Furniture]
- Bird Cage [Furniture]
- Black Scorpion Cage [Furniture]
- Blue Jay Cage [Furniture]
- Bunny Cage [Furniture]
- Cardinal Cage [Furniture]
- Frog Cage [Furniture]
- Glowing Snail Cage [Furniture]
- Grasshopper Cage [Furniture]
- Mouse Cage [Furniture]
- Penguin Cage [Furniture]
- Scorpion Cage [Furniture]
- Snail Cage [Furniture]
- Worm Cage [Furniture]
- Blue Jellyfish Jar [Furniture]
- Green Jellyfish Jar [Furniture]
- Pink Jellyfish Jar [Furniture]
New Items (Blocks)
- Lavafall Block
- Lavafall Wall
- Waterfall Block
- Waterfall Wall
- Copper Plating
- Copper Plating Wall
- Tin Plating
- Tin Plating Wall
- Stone Slab
- Stone Slab Wall
- Sandstone Slab
- Amethyst Gemspark Block
- Amethyst Gemspark Wall
- Amethyst Gemspark Wall Off
- Topaz Gemspark Block
- Topaz Gemspark Wall
- Topaz Gemspark Wall Off
- Sapphire Gemspark Block
- Sapphire Gemspark Wall
- Sapphire Gemspark Wall Off
- Emerald Gemspark Block
- Emerald Gemspark Wall
- Emerald Gemspark Wall Off
- Ruby Gemspark Block
- Ruby Gemspark Wall
- Ruby Gemspark Wall Off
- Diamond Gemspark Block
- Diamond Gemspark Wall
- Diamond Gemspark Wall Off
- Amber Gemspark Block
- Amber Gemspark Wall
- Amber Gemspark Wall Off
New Items (Alchemy and Potions)
- Super Mana Potion
- Ammo Reservation Potion
- Builder Potion
- Calming Potion
- Crate Potion
- Dangersense Potion
- Endurance Potion
- Flipper Potion
- Heartreach Potion
- Inferno Potion
- Lifeforce Potion
- Love Potion
- Mining Potion
- Rage Potion
- Stink Potion
- Summoning Potion
- Warmth Potion
- Wrath Potion
- Teleportation Potion
- Titan Potion
- Shiverthorn Seeds
- Fiberglass Fishing Pole [fishing pole, found in Jungle Shrines]
- Wood Fishing Pole (wood x8)
- Reinforced Fishing Pole (Iron bar x8 or Lead bar x8)
- Fisher of Souls (Demonite Bar x8)
- Fleshcatcher (Crimtane Bar x8)
- Beetle Helmet [armor]
- Beetle Scale Mail [armor]
- Beetle Shell [armor]
- Beetle Leggings [armor]
- Beetle Wings [armor]
- Venom Staff
- Shroomite Digging Claw
- Celestial Emblem
- Celestial Cuffs
- Crimson Seeds
- Peddlers Hat
- Mine Carts
- Minecart Track
- Booster Track
- Pressure Track
(1.2.3 PC equivalent)
(1.2.2 PC equivalent)
(1.2.2 PC equivalent, except Frost Moon)
- Bug Fixes
- Loading a world that was made pre-1.2 no longer fails or causes the world to get corrupted (shifting lands, odd world generation)
- Characters who had items in piggybanks or safes will no longer lose all items or have items replaced with other items
- You can no longer break into the Lihzard temple by mining the door with a Drax
- Fixed the bug where Inferno Demons/Hardmode enemies wouldn't always spawn upon defeating a hardmode boss
- The Cyborg no longer has the name and sprite of the Party Girl and no longer shares her dialog
- Fixed the bug where Spider Caves wouldn't always spawn: Spiders, Webs, Chests, and/or the background
- Fixed the bug where destroying the hearts in the Crimson biome would spawn the Eater of Worlds instead of the Brain of Cthulhu
- Torches placed on blocks that are surrounded by walls will no longer connect to the wall instead of the intended block
- Moon Charm now has its proper 1.2 functionality
- Fixed the bug where during world generation it wouldn't always say these messages: "Making the world bloody..." or "Making the world evil..."
- Blood Crawlers AI no longer glitches out in water. This was fixed for all Spider-Type AI
- Blood Crawlers now climb walls
- Life Fruits & Chlorophyte now spawn correctly
- Fixed the bug where upon entering hard mode, Corruption would always spawn, even in a Crimson world
- Shadow chests no longer spawn too frequently in hell
- Fixed the bug where no/very few Gold Chests were spawned underground, no/very few Ice Chests were spawned in underground Ice Biomes, and no/very few Underground Cabins spawned at world generation. They can now be found at normal rates
- When holding the crimson rod, the cursor can no longer go off-screen
- Fixed the bug where death messages would appear with no message
- Stats on reforged weapons no longer disappear after storing them
- Shadow Orbs once again drop loot when destroyed
- When a Crimson Biome overlaps a Snow Biome, Crimson music will now play
- Ice Elementals no longer kill themselves when shooting at you
- New Characters now start with 20 mana by default
- Living Wood Walls Disk Walls, Flesh Walls and Bone Walls are now recognized as suitable housing
- Jungle Spores and other jungle plants now grow
- Vile mushrooms now ‘drop,’ and now longer get smushed like other growth
- Goblin Archer will now shoot at you past melee distance
- Using one bucket when you have a stack will no longer destroy the entire stack
- Plantera’s Bulbs now spawn
- Fixed the bug where the Jetpack gave infinite lift if you kept pressing jump button
- Can now craft chests in worlds without iron (lead is now usable)
- Normal cactus no longer grows in corrupted sand
- Crimson now spreads
- Chlorophyte bullets no longer chase the nurse
- Piranha Gun now works
- Additional 100 HP obtained with Life Fruits is now saved
- Fixed the bug where alternate hardmode ores did not spawn when Demon Altars were destroyed, always the old ones
- Trophy “Is this Heaven” is no longer broken
- When using the Clentaminator on the far left of the map the game no longer crashes
- Silt Block is once again affected by gravity
- Fixed the bug where general drop rates of certain items were way too high (Nature’s Gift, Pet Items, Banners, Boss Trophies, Falling Stars)
- When killed by an Angry Nimbus, the game no longer says you were killed by a Vilethorn
- Lava Waders now show the lava protection bar
- When under lava (with obsidian potion) there is now an oxygen gauge
- Built in an auto-destruct for items that the player should never have:
- Red’s Wings
- Red’s Helmet
- Red’s Breastplate
- Red’s Leggings
- Coin Gun
- Dynamite and several other items are now sold for the correct price
- Fixed the bug where if you paint a door, then close it and open it, only half the door is painted
- Pigron no longer makes Skeleton Noise and acts like a fire Imp
- Background no longer changes to menu background when pausing the game
- Certain armors put on mannequins in a pre-1.2 world no longer get changed to something else or dissapear after downloading 1.2
- Seaweed is now found in the game
- Fixed the bug where in online multiplayer, when a client player uses a Goodie Bag, it generated no items, or it crashed the host player's game
- Map data is now saved locally for visited Multiplayer worlds
- The percentage of Hallowed and Corruption is now updated in 5 minutes, rather than in 35
- It is no longer possible to craft a Drax or Pickaxe Axe with just hallowed bars
- Music boxes are no longer assigned a prefix
- Fixed the bug where you could use boss summon items during the day
- Fixed the bug where if you had Flare Gun and Flare equipped, you'd stand as if you were holding a torch
- When you have Heart Lantern placed, its buff icon no longer has an unneeded timer
(126.96.36.199 PC equivalent)
- Bug Fixes
- You can no longer craft items or money by placing items in the trash
- You can no longer sell your gold to NPCs
- Music box/chest duping no longer works
- Bunnies/Goldfish spawned from statues no longer drop money during a Bloodmoon
- Active blocks will no longer become inactive with a chest on them
- Fixed a bug that would cause a suitable house to be unsuitable
- Crash bug where using Queen Statue would crash the game is fixed
- Crash bug where reading a sign or tombstone would crash the game is fixed
- Using Auto-Fill no longer puts coins in your chest
- Fixed vines not growing in underground jungle biomes
- Fixed highlight bugs for music boxes and timers
- Fixed Dirt Rod bug
- Fixed Fairy Bell timer bug where timer would display 59 seconds
- Fixed Death Messages bug where it would only show the player name
- You can no longer create unlimited boxes by creating ice blocks
- Fixed a bug where Stained Glass would not count as a valid wall for NPC housing
- Fixed a bug with Ocram’s hit box
- Ocram’s Souls of Blight no longer fall to the floor
- Fixed the “hidden” inventory slot bug (Vita only)
- Touch controls are now disabled when using the Magic Mirror (Vita only)
- Fixed a bug where NPC flags would not reposition when zooming (Vita only)
- Fixed a bug with the “Back for Seconds” Trophy/Achievement
- Fixed a bug where 1.2 armors would not count towards a trophy
- Fixed a bug where you could obtain a trophy during the tutorial
- Players now have an option to choose how the Gravitation Potion behaves: Flip the world, or flip the character.
- Players now have an option to turn off back touch (Vita only)
- Map data is now saved locally for visited Multiplayer worlds
- Multiplayer packet size has been further optimized
- Multiplayer stability has been improved
- Texture compression has been improved
- Mechanics and Gameplay
- Some items now stack to 999 or to 99 including ores and buckets (as per PC 1.2.3.)
- The starting female clothes have been modified
- There are several new hairstyles
- Chest sizes have been doubled
- You no longer need to jump to ascend single blocks
- The hammer is now used for creating slopes, halftiles, and breaking walls only
- The axe is now only used for chopping down trees and giant mushrooms
- Pickaxes will now remove blocks, placeable objects, and items such as Life Crystals and chests
- You can now paint any solid tile or item
- Dye slots have been added
- You will now start with 10 mana
- You can now craft early game magic robes and staves
- Bricks, wood, stone and glass all now blend together
- Mana Crystals only require 5 fallen stars to craft, down from 10
- If water touches a halftile it will create a waterfall
- Your world has a chance to get alternative ore as a replacement for copper, iron, silver, and gold
- Your world has a chance to have a replacement for the Corruption
- Your world has a chance to get alternative ores as a replacement for Cobalt, Mythril, and Adamantite
- Your world has a rare chance to have a pyramid or living tree spawn during world generation each containing their own loot table
- There is a new hardmode jungle temple
- There are now beehives that can be found in the jungle
- There are now several new backgrounds and tree variations your world has a chance to generate
- Water will now change color based on the biome you are in and depth underground
- Ropes are now found early game and can be used to craft rope coils for traversing the world
- Chains can now be placed and used as a rope mechanism
- Mushroom grass/seeds can now grow and spread above ground
- There are now 3 colors for wires
- Actuators can be used to make any solid tile active and inactive
- There is 1 new liquid type that can be found in the Jungle
- There are several new fountains that will change the color of water when they are placed nearby
- Pearlstone bricks no longer spread hallow
- Rain and blizzards have been added
- There is a new snow biome with unique treasures and items for normal and hardmode
- Enemies no longer trigger underground pressure plates
- There are new pressure plates that can only be triggered by certain things such as the player, enemies, or both
- Clowns will no longer blow up tiles
- There are several new buffs and debuffs
- There are now mini Capture the Gem addition to the game. You can craft large gems that draw a gem icon above the player holding the gem and if the player is killed the gem will be dropped next to their corpse
- There are 2 new hardmode events
- Werewolf form has been buffed and can take place every night
- Broken armor debuff only lasts 2 minutes, down from 5
- You now use a pickaxe to remove armor from a mannequin
- Players no longer take double damage in pvp
- Items of the same type will now stack when next to each other
- You can no longer become invincible when touching fire blocks
- Increased speed at which you can buy stacks of things
- The Halloween seasonal event has been added
- The Pumpkin Moon event has been added
- Certain weapon damage stats have been adjusted to match the PC 1.2.3. update
- Certain drop rates have been adjusted to match the PC 1.2.3. update (like Keymolds)
- Cost for reforging has been adjusted to match the PC 1.2.3. update (cheaper prices)
- Graphical Changes
- The sun is now brighter
- Midnight is now darker
- The sky has a smooth gradient
- There are several items that have had graphical upgrades such as gems, colored torches, Minishark, Muramasa, Aqua Scepter, Starfury, etc...
- There are now stalagmites, icicles, moss, plants, rocks, and other "piles" added to enhance the environment
- There are several new mini caves that can be found with unique backgrounds
- Each biome will now have chests and pots with unique graphics
- The dungeon now has 3 unique textures/colors and furniture
- Hell houses have been remodeled
- Floating islands have been remodeled
- Each biome will now have unique textures and wood types:
- Corruption: Ebonwood
- Jungle: Rich Mahogany
- Crimson: Shadewood
- Hallow: Pearlwood
- Each brick now has its own unique texture
- Each brick wall now has its own unique texture
- Torches are now animated and can be placed on walls
- There are several new tombstones
- Titan, Spectral and Dragon armors now have unique sprites
- Most console-exclusive enemies now have unique sprites
- Tizona and Tonbogiri now have unique sprites
- In total there are over 1,000 new items
- There are 10 new ores
- There are 4 new wood types
- There are 31 new brick types
- You can now imbue melee weapons
- There are several new arrow and bullet types
- There are several new crafting stations
- There are several new wands used for crafting new bricks and brick walls
- You can now craft bricks, walls, and furniture out of several new materials:
- Slime, Bone, Mushroom, Living wood, Flesh, Silt, and many more!
- You can now craft Jester Arrows
- There are 12 new wing types
- There are several new vanity sets
- There are a lot of new rare drops added to enemies
- There is an item in hardmode that allows you to change biomes
- There is an item in hardmode that allows you to increase your max health
- There are 29 new tinker combinations
- Several new items have been added to the game that are used for crafting dyes
- Starfury now acts as a melee weapon and has had its damaged increased
- Aqua Scepter has been redesigned and does slightly more damage for less mana
- Water bolt has been redesigned and does slightly more damage
- Vilethorn does more damage and uses less mana
- Magic Daggers have been buffed
- All of the old classic armors can be found as rare drops and have the same stats as their current counterparts and count towards set bonuses
- Items that were called dyes previously for crafting have been changed to thread
- Chests now have larger loot tables
- You can now make picks instead of drills and axes instead of chainsaws in late game tiers
- Increased the drop rate of souls
- Ocram now drops more souls
- There are over 50 paintings that can be collected randomly throughout the world
- Jungle armor no longer requires gems
- Ocram’s spawn item’s recipe requires fewer ingredients
- Titan, Spectral and Dragon armor require fewer ingredients
- Sparkly Wings are now much easier to craft
- The amount of meteorite required for crafting has been decreased
- Meteorite armor has more defense and does more damage
- Silt and slush can be extracted into useful materials, items, and money
- Each boss has a rare chance to drop a placeable boss trophy
- Hooks can now be crafted out of gems
- Depth meter is no longer craftable
- Stars can now be crafted with bottles to make a new light source
- Floating island chests no longer require a key
- Gems and bars can be placed
- Items made from hellstone now require less hellstone
- Almost all enemies (including console-exclusive enemies) have a chance to drop a banner
- Console-exclusive Pet items now drop off enemies
- There are 8 new friendly NPCs
- There are 4 new bosses
- There are over 100 new enemies
- Friendly NPCs will sell different items depending on certain conditions such as time of day or biome they are living in
- Hardmode bosses have a chance to spawn on their own to help players progress through the game
- Current hardmode bosses now do slightly less damage and have had their health decreased
- There is a rare spawn mini boss that can be found during blizzards in the above ground ice biome
- There are over 15 new pets that can be found in chests and dropped rarely off enemies
- Early hardmode enemies now do less damage and have less health/defense.
- Skeletron can now be summoned and has a small loot table
- Console versions do not have 10 additional inventory slots
- The Coin Gun is not (yet) implemented due to a different currency handling in the console versions causing the Coin Gun to randomly shoot coins of any value.
- Some of the console exclusive music has stayed the same
- Big performance improvements (especially noticeable during new world generation, split screen multi-player and mini map creation)
- Improved (smoother) lighting in split screen mode
- Improved friend game search
- In split screen a player can now leave a session in the pause menu (instead of having to sign out)
- When a player signs in to a split screen multi-player session, he/she can no longer sign in with a profile that was already signed in
- Join through presence is now only allowed for friends
- General performance improvements
- Sound effect improvements (pitching/panning)
- King Statue now also affects Santa
- Improved message box
- Incorporated 1.2 updated biome background graphics, new sun and moon graphics
- Incorporated new low-tier armor sets and their recipes
- Certain item stack sizes have been increased from 250 to 999
- Added animations for water, water sparkles, life crystals, shadow orbs, furnace and hell forge*
- Added random sizes for Zombies and Demon Eyes
- Added new enemy sprites: Pincushion Zombie, Slimed Zombie, Female Zombie, Twiggy Zombie, Swamp Zombie, Shroom Zombie
- Added Sparkly wings
- Fixed dungeon tile bug where players were unable to mine dungeon blocks
- Fixed music box bug (ability to smash a music box and getting a different item in return)
- Fixed platinum coin stacking bug
- Fixed crafting interface bug where the current recipe would "jump" to another recipe when more or less recipes would be shown as your materials change.
- Fixed grid rendering when ruler item was equipped
- Quick Access shortcuts are now saved
- Quick Access shortcuts UI improvements
- NPC [de]buffs time out properly
- It's no longer possible to defeat Eater of Worlds by using the Magic Mirror
- New Character Selection GUI, more in line with World Select GUI
- Fixed a font rendering bug when switching from split screen to full screen (or vice versa)
- It's no longer possible to hack worlds by loading PC data
- Network protocol improvements
- Slightly improved graphics (no lossy compression for tiles)
- Leaderboards UI now more consistent with other UIs (shiny yellow highlight instead of white)
- Fixed some minor localization issues in leaderboards for the Spanish language
- Fixed certain death messages not being displayed correctly