A Glowing Mushroom biome, also known as Glowing Mushroom Fields, is a biome characterized by Mushroom Grass, Glowing Mushrooms, and Giant Glowing Mushrooms growing on Mud Blocks. The grasses and plants in a Glowing Mushroom biome emit a vibrant blue glow, along with many of its unique enemies. The Truffle NPC requires a house in a Surface (above-ground) Glowing Mushroom biome and sells mushroom-themed blocks, pets, and weapons.
Underground Glowing Mushroom biomes are Glowing Mushroom biomes below 0 depth. They can be found naturally, randomly generating on world creation. The background of an Underground Glowing Mushroom biome depicts numerous small mushrooms. Several mushroom-themed versions of normal Cavern enemies spawn here in pre-Hardmode, and some completely unique enemies will spawn in Hardmode. Giant Glowing Mushrooms will grow if there is enough vertical space, though unlike Giant Glowing Mushrooms on the surface, they have smaller caps and lack branches.
On the 电脑版, Underground Glowing Mushroom biomes are large, layered caverns which feature mushroom "vines" hanging from the ceiling and surface-style Giant Glowing Mushrooms. They generate with set features, including a span of flat ground (for Giant Glowing Mushrooms to grow on) and a wide lake for fishing purposes. Spore Bats (which have a 1% chance of dropping the exclusive Shroomerang) and Spore Skeletons will spawn as well. Mushroom Chests found here will include normal Gold Chest loot, but also have a 50% chance of having the Shroom Minecart and a 33.33% chance of having the Mushroom vanity set.
Surface Glowing Mushroom biomes are Glowing Mushroom biomes above 0 depth. They do not generate naturally and must instead be created by the player. The sky is darkened in Surface Glowing Mushroom biomes, making it appear to be nighttime even during daytime hours. The background depicts towering mushrooms. Many exclusive mobs will spawn, including the Anomura Fungus, Fungi Bulb, Mushi Ladybug, Mushroom Zombie, and Spore Zombie, which provide a considerable challenge. In Hardmode, the former three will also spawn underground alongside the Fungo Fish (a type of jellyfish) and the Giant Fungi Bulb, the latter of which has unique mushroom projectiles that go through blocks.
Two critters spawn in the Mushroom biome. The Glowing Snail occasionally spawns throughout the game, but perhaps the most significant feature of the mushroom biome is the Truffle Worm, which is very rare and runs away from the player when they get too close (unless they have on an Invisibility Potion). However, when caught, they can be used as bait in the Ocean to summon the Duke Fishron boss, which yields incredibly powerful loot.
A Glowing Mushroom biome can be created manually by planting Mushroom Grass Seeds on Mud Blocks, or spraying the Jungle with the Clentaminator using Dark Blue Solution. An area requires 101 tiles that are mushroom-related (Mushroom Grass, naturally grown Glowing Mushrooms, Giant Glowing Mushrooms) to be considered a Glowing Mushroom biome.
- 当有 101 个相关物块存在时本区域会在功能上变为发光蘑菇生物群落，但需要存在 201 个发光蘑菇生物群落块才会让发光蘑菇生物群落背景出现。
- 时髦小镇 成就需要玩家附近有200个发光蘑菇生物群落块。
- On the 电脑版, either surface or underground Mushroom Biomes will allow obtaining a Mushroom Pylon, by building two or more houses and placing chosen NPCs there; it is not necessary to wait for Hardmode and Truffle's appearance.
- On the surface, it is easiest to produce the biome in the Jungle due to the prevalence of mud; this can provide a second Pylon for the Jungle area. Alternatively, mud can simply be placed as needed. When choosing a location, consider that the Mushroom Biome background will appear up to a screen's width or so away from the actual mushroom grass etc. producing the biome.
- Alternatively, the natural Mushroom Biomes will mostly appear at great Depths, and these can be "colonized" to provide a convenient way-station to the Underworld. Naturally, the NPCs should be fully sealed away from the dangerous local enemies; even so, the spores of Fungi Bulbs and Giant Fungi Bulbs may be troublesome in Hardmode.
- Note that NPCs placed in an Underground Mushroom biome will probably qualify as a "Cavern Town", and spawn Gem Critters in the vicinity. These will look quite odd (and nearly indistinguishable) by the biome's natural lighting, but supplying some brighter lighting will show their various colors.
- 电脑版 22.214.171.124：
- Added new backgrounds for the Surface Glowing Mushroom biome.
- Mushroom Chests in Underground Cabins now have a 1 in 2 chance of containing the Shroom Minecart and a 1 in 3 chance of containing the Mushroom vanity set. These will spawn as secondary loot alongside the loot from ordinary Gold Chests.
- Mushroom Grass Seeds now have a 1 in 40 chance of being dropped from destroyed Glowing Mushrooms.
- Spore Bats and Spore Skeletons now spawn in the Underground Glowing Mushroom biome at all stages of the game. The former has a 1% chance of dropping the new Mushroom-themed Shroomerang, while the latter drops all of the same loot as other types of Skeletons, including the new Carton of Milk.
- The Mushroom Pylon is now sold by any happy NPC in the Glowing Mushroom Biome.
- Underground Glowing Mushroom world is now larger and redesigned, with hanging mushroom lamps, large lakes for fishing, new backgrounds, and surface biome trees. They also spawn much larger and in a layered formation.
- 电脑版 126.96.36.199：Fixed a bug where the Truffle Worm wouldn't spawn.
- 电脑版 188.8.131.52：
- 电脑版 1.2.4：The very rare Truffle Worm critter, which is fished as bait to spawn the new Duke Fishron boss, now spawns in the Underground Glowing Mushroom biome in Hardmode.
- 电脑版 1.2：
- Can now be spread with the Clentaminator using Dark Blue Solution on Mud.
- Glowing Mushrooms now have their own biome with exclusive backgrounds, enemies, and music:
- Now can be cultivated as a Surface Mushroom biome on the surface:
- The Dryad will now sell Mushroom Grass Seeds when in the Glowing Mushroom biome.
- 主机版 1.0.933.1：添加了地下发光蘑菇小屋和家具。（）
- 主机版 1.0.750.0：添加了地下发光蘑菇小屋和家具。（）
- 主机版 1.02：赋予了发光蘑菇自己的生物群落（音乐、背景、生成怪物等），并添加了在地表上栽培出来的能力。
- Switch版 1.0.711.6：随电脑版 184.108.40.206 的更改引入。
- 移动版 1.2.6508：赋予了发光蘑菇自己的生物群落（音乐、背景、生成怪物等），并添加了在地表上栽培出来的能力。
- 3DS正式版：随电脑版 1.2 的更改引入。