The Leaf Crystal is capable of firing two separate simultaneous volleys of projectiles. Each volley fires about once per second. It is possible for both volleys to be targeting the same enemy.
- One volley targets any 敌怪 in range on its own. It requires a clear line-of-sight, and will not fire through 物块, except on Mobile, where it can fire, but not target, through them.
- A second volley activates when an enemy takes damage from other sources first (eg. from a player attack, or from 熔岩, a 仆从, a 机关, etc). This volley will target enemies through blocks, and the projectile will travel through blocks to reach the target.
A full set of Chlorophyte Armor requires 54 叶绿锭s, or 324 叶绿矿. Crafting the full set with every helmet type requires 468 Chlorophyte Ore.
- The Leaf Crystal itself emits a small amount of green light.
- The Crystal does not benefit from damage-increasing 配饰.
- When firing, the crystal launches a projectile moving in a straight line and does not home in or track targets. As the projectile doesn't move too quickly, it will often miss if the target moves around a lot, such as a 游荡眼球怪.
- In PvP, the crystal will not target players unless they take damage from another source first.
- Be warned that the Leaf Crystal will go after the 神秘碑牌 outside of the Dungeon. It is possible for the Crystal to miss the tablet and hit the cultists instead.
- The Leaf Crystal will target 烈焰火轮s and 尖刺球s in the Dungeon, though it is unable to damage them.
- The Chlorophyte Mask is the helmet with the most defense in the game.
- The crystal can be very useful for farming certain mobs while inactive, for example in search of rare drops and 生物群落钥匙s.