|内部 NPC ID：17|
The 商人 is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following conditions have been met:
- There is an empty 房屋.
- All players in the game world have more than 50 between them in their inventories.
If the Merchant is killed, he will only respawn if the above conditions are met again. This means all players need to have over 50 in their combined inventories. Only coins in the main inventory or coin slots are counted; savings stored in the 猪猪存钱罐 or 保险箱 do not count toward the requirement.
- The Merchant makes several quotes referencing things he does not sell. In addition, despite claiming they sell for a lot overseas, he gives no money for 土 blocks.
- In 手机版, the iron item being sold will change each time the shop window is opened.
The Merchant may have any of the following names: 商人/Names
- Additional names have been added to the Xbox One version. Those names include Steve, Logan and Jason.
- "剑 beats paper! Get one today."
- "Lovely morning, wouldn't you say? Was there something you needed?"
- "You want apples? You want carrots? You want pineapples? We got 火把es."
- "The sun is high, but my prices are not."
- "Boy, that sun is hot! I do have some perfectly ventilated 盔甲."
- "Check out my 土 blocks, they are extra dirty."
- "Ah, they will tell tales of [Name of Player] some day... good ones I'm sure."
- "Night will be upon us soon, friend. Make your choices while you can."
- "You have no idea how much 土块s sell for overseas."
Beginning of night:
- "Kosh, kapleck Mog. Oh sorry, that's klingon for 'Buy something or die.'"
- "[Name of Player] is it? I've heard good things, friend!"
- "I wonder if the moon is made of cheese... huh, what? Oh yes, buy something!"
- "The last guy who was here left some junk... er I mean... treasures!"
- "Did you say gold? I'll take that off of ya."
End of night:
- "I hear there's a secret treasure... oh never mind."
- "Angel 雕像 you say? I'm sorry, I'm not a junk dealer."
- "Have you seen Chith...Shith.. Chat... The big eye?"
- "Keep your eye on the prize, buy a 晶状体e!" [sic]
- "Not even a 血月 can stop capitalism. Let's do some business."
- "Hey, this house is secure, right? Right? [Name of Player]?"
- When 护士 and 机械师 are present:
- "Oh, great. I can hear [Name of Mechanic] and [Name of Nurse] arguing from here."
When Eye of Cthulhu has NOT been defeated:
- "I hope a scrawny kid like you isn't all that's standing between us and Cthulhu's Eye."
- "I feel like an evil presence is watching me." (When the natural requirements for 克苏鲁之眼 to spawn are acquired.)
- "Look at that shoddy armor you're wearing. Better buy some more healing potions."
During a 派对:
- "You know what would be the best way to party? Buying things for others, especially from me."
- The Merchant's inability to pronounce "Cthulhu" during a Blood Moon is reference to the fact that H.P. Lovecraft, Cthulhu's creator, intended for the name to be impossible to pronounce. Although he is able to say the name correctly in another of his quotes ("I hope... us and Cthulhu's Eye.")
- At the beginning of the night, the Merchant may say "Kosh, kapleck Mog. Oh sorry, that's Klingon for 'Buy something or die.'", when "Buy SOMETHING or die" is actually translated as "vay' blje'be'chugh vaj blHegh" in Klingon.
- The Merchant is depicted in a 喷漆 called 商人.
- On rare occasions, the Merchant and the 服装商 can share the names "Alfred" or "Edmund."
- 188.8.131.52: Fixed a typo in one of the Merchant’s first names (Isacc is now Isaac).
- 184.108.40.206: Now correctly sells 镰刀.
- 220.127.116.11: Items can no longer be duplicated with the Merchant.
- 1.2: Now sells 绳, 棉花糖s and 照明弹s.
- 1.0.6: Now sells 保险箱.
- Pre-Release: 引入。