In the 电脑版和 移动版, some passages are blocked off by Cracked Dungeon Bricks. These blocks look almost identical to regular dungeon brick, but appear slightly crumbled, and drop no blocks when destroyed. Breaking one block may break adjacent false blocks in a chain similar to the behavior of Desert Fossil. False blocks may also break spontaneously when the player walks on them or uses a grappling hook. Using a Dangersense potion will highlight these blocks. Cracked Dungeon Bricks also conceal large, rectangular rooms lined with spikes and occasionally filled with water, so caution is advised.
After Plantera is defeated, the Dungeon spawns new, more powerful enemies, which offer access to new items. Not all enemies spawn in all Dungeons: The particular background wall type generated for a particular Dungeon, as well as the corresponding Faction Flags scattered around, determine which post-Plantera enemies spawn there (see below).
There are many shelves in the Dungeon, on which are Books, Lesser Healing Potions, Lesser Mana Potions, and occasionally Water Bolts, which appears as a blue book with a yellow stripe in placed form. Crystal Hearts can not spawn in the Dungeon.
To gain unrestricted access to the Dungeon, Skeletron must first be defeated. Skeletron is summoned by speaking to the Old Man, who guards the Dungeon entrance. At Night, a "curse" option will be displayed, which will turn the Old Man into Skeletron when clicked. Speaking to the Old Man during the Day will not allow the player to fight Skeletron. By defeating Skeletron, the Clothier NPC becomes available, and will spawn when a suitable vacant house is available.
The Dungeon can be entered but not fully explored before Skeletron is defeated. Traveling to -3 depth in the Dungeon before it has been defeated will summon Dungeon Guardians which will generally kill most players with a single hit. The Dungeon Guardians are practically invincible, and killing them will not grant access to the Dungeon, and the only item gained from defeating a Dungeon Guardian is the Bone Key.
The player can tell if the requirements to spawn Dungeon Guardians are met if the music changes to the Dungeon track, or if they have a Depth Meter equipped that reads "Level" or "X' Underground". Dungeon entrances are located at varying heights, but are always some distance above zero depths, making their entrance structures and 1-2 screens of depth generally safe from Guardians.
- 玩家视为在地牢内的条件是处于 -3 英尺或以下深度、站在除土墙外的任意天然放置的墙前面，且屏幕上能看到至少 250 格地牢砖。如果想要引出地牢守卫或避免与其遭遇，这个知识点会很有用。
- 地牢在 前代主机版和 版的 版泰拉瑞亚上要小很多。
- 在骷髅王之前，地牢守卫有可能在玩家处于 -3 深度以下且在地牢 之外时生成，虽然可能性非常小。这只会在玩家极度接近地牢，接触或者紧挨着外墙时才会发生。
- In Expert mode, all Hardmode Dungeon enemies have a chance to drop two items.
- It is possible for the Water Bolt to be above the surface, allowing for early game players to get a powerful weapon.
- If Skeletron was already defeated, it will no longer appear at the Dungeon and will only be able to be summoned by a Clothier Voodoo Doll, making it and the Dungeon Guardian the only non-permanent enemies in the Dungeon. The Old Man and the Dungeon Guardian are the only creatures that will never be able to spawn again in the world once a boss is beaten.
- It is possible for an Altar to spawn in a Dungeon, even when there is no Crimson/Corruption nearby.
- The unique loot of the first few chests of the Dungeon (starting from the entrance) can be easily guessed without unlocking. If the first chest is located above the depth of -100 feet, it will be wooden and contain a Golden Key, otherwise it will contain a Muramasa / Shadow Key . The following chest will contain a Cobalt Shield / Muramasa , and so on.
- This is because of the way Dungeon chest loot is generated; the unique item of each chest follows a predetermined order. In practice, this becomes impossible to follow because of how the Dungeon splits off into multiple branching paths; however, the entrance is predictable because it is a single linear path. The order is a follows: Shadow Key , Muramasa, Cobalt Shield, Aqua Scepter, Blue Moon, Magic Missile, Valor, Golden Key, Handgun.
- Farming for Bones is harder in a post-Plantera dungeon, as the weaker enemies will be overridden by the spawn rates of post-Plantera enemies, which don't drop bones. However, bones will be of little use by the time the player has gotten this far.
- If the player wants to navigate the Dungeon in a post-Golem world, ignore the Cultists when entering. Defeating all four of them by accident will spawn the Lunatic Cultist, so be cautious.
- Spike-covered pits that are filled with water are very suitable for Dungeon Fishing.
- – 根据官方游戏传说，地牢曾经是繁华的城市，直到未知的诅咒让地牢中的每个人都成为行尸走肉，他们的尸体腐烂并变成了无意识的野兽。
- The decorative banners placed in front of the various walls hint as towards the enemies - e.g. the Diabolic Sigil is found in tiled wall areas, where the Diabolist spawns.
- It is possible (though unlikely) for a boulder trap to spawn being cut off by a dungeon, having The boulder above the dungeon, and the pressure plate below, the dungeon bricks between the trap will be removed, leading to a functional bolder trap, and a entrance into the dungeon.
- 电脑版 22.214.171.124：
- 电脑版 126.96.36.199：Fixed some Hardmode Dungeon enemies drawing into the floor slightly in their animation.
- 电脑版 188.8.131.52：
- Added a new Desert theme chest that contains the Desert Tiger Staff.
- Added Cracked Dungeon Bricks to the dungeon, these may block certain paths in the dungeon or reveal pit traps that are lined with spikes and occasionally filled with water.
- Spikes are one block longer.
- Shadow Keys now generate along other unique loot in Golden Chests.
- 电脑版 184.108.40.206：
- 电脑版 220.127.116.11：Fixed bug where Hardmode dungeon casters would shoot more than 1 projectile in multiplayer.
- 电脑版 1.2：
- 电脑版 1.0.6：