在游戏的每一秒 (即现实中的1/60秒) 中，坠落之星在小世界中的掉落几率是2/1600，中等世界中是3/1600，大世界中是4/1600。每晚坠落之星在小世界中的平均掉落数量约为40.5个，中等世界中是60.75个，大世界中是81个。
坠落之星在坠落时砸到敌怪 (罕见情况) 会造成1000伤害，但是不会伤到玩家。
- Full 月亮s and lateral map position have no effect on the frequency of Fallen Stars. Their appearance is at a fixed rate at all hours of every night.
- Unlike most items collected as drops, Fallen Stars fall all over the World at night, even in areas far from the player.
- If an 敌怪 is killed by a fallen star, the kill will be attributed to the player; the tally counter will update to reflect the kill, and banners will be dropped accordingly. The effects of this with multiple players is currently unknown.
- Traveling a far distance a few minutes prior to dawn will allow the player to collect the Fallen Stars, easily netting a large supply.
- A simple method for harvesting Fallen Stars is to construct long straight sections of ground to run along at night. A skybridge also works well, though sky bridges have the disadvantage of catching meteorites and reducing the amount of Meteorite ore the player can collect.
- When constructing a star farm, the platform to catch them should be placed at the bottom of 太空. This seems to be the lowest depth for stars to spawn and allows the platform to catch all of them.
- To pass Fallen Stars to a friend during day time, transfer it using a chest, since throwing it during the day to another player will make it vanish.
- If the player's inventory is full, Fallen Stars can be moved to an empty Ammo slot to free up an inventory slot.
- Fallen Stars will hit 漂浮岛s if the Island is in the path of the Star, so if there is an area where Fallen Stars never seem to fall or rarely do, there is a possibility that a Floating Island is above that area.
- 1.2.3：Used to craft Super Mana Potions instead of Lesser Mana Potions.
- 1.2：Recipe for Star in a Bottle added.
- 1.1：No longer consumable for restoring 20 mana.