When used, it deals constant damage to all enemies near the cursor's position, as long as the distance between the player and the cursor is unobstructed. A stream of red particles flows toward the user from each targeted enemy. While the weapon is in use, the user receives the Life Drain buff, which increases life regeneration. The weapon will drain 魔力 as long as it is in use, regardless of whether it connects with enemies or not.
While an enemy is being damaged by Life Drain, it is also afflicted with a special 减益 that deals 5 damage per tick.
Its best 修饰语 is 神话. However, because it can't do critical hits, the 精湛 modifier may be preferred.
- The life drain buff is only active when the enemy is getting hurt, not when the red particles touch you
- The Life Drain employs a significantly different mechanic from the 吸血鬼刀, which actually heal the user based on damage dealt. This weapon instead increases life regeneration while enemies are being damaged, and provides slower healing than the Vampire Knives. Both weapons are, however, very thematically similar, being based around stealing health and focused around the Crimson biome.
- This is a useful weapon against worm-type enemies since it counts each segment as an individual target. This does indeed work against 毁灭者, but, because the Destroyer is immune to the debuff the weapon causes, the Life Drain buff will not be applied, and the weapon will not create red particles.
- The Life Drain buff is applied when attacking 傀儡.
- While the player must aim at an area within their line of sight, the Life Drain can still damage enemies through walls as long as they are still in the area.
- The regeneration effect of this weapon is not canceled by the 月亮领主's 月噬 debuff.
- As it will always take a set amount of mana, but has no max amount of enemies it can damage at once, grouping enemies will help save on mana while doing the same damage.
- This item works quite well with the 钯金盔甲 set bonus. The player attacks enemies, activating the life regeneration buff from the armor and also inflicts life steal.