The 妖靈瓶 is a 困難模式, post-世紀之花 照明寵物 item used to summon a light-providing "wisp" that follows the player. While active, it is similar to the 閃爍燈芯. The Wisp is brighter and keeps better pace with the player than other Light Pets, moving in accordance with the direction keys the player is pressing. The Wisps' movement range appears to be about 7 tiles to the left, right, and below the players hitbox and 7 tiles above the Wisps' normal starting position.
- Though the Wisp's active movement can be convenient for seeing ahead, this can also be a shortcoming compared to other lighting aids. The Wisp will often remain deep within the blocks ahead, causing the immediate area around your character to remain dark.
- Using ↷ 跳 will not direct the Wisp upward, and falling will not direct it downward. You must use the ▲ 上 or ▼ 下 keys.
- When the player is far ahead, the Wisp will spin to catch up to the player, giving off less light.
- On both 移動版 and 主機版 the wisp can also be controlled with the right thumbstick/slider.
- The Wisp appears to be a flaming skull.
- Dye applied to the Wisp does not change the amount or color of light emitted, even if the Wisp is made invisible.
- Grappling a block will allow the player to direct the Wisp.
- Applying 暗影染料 to the Wisp will render it nearly invisible while still providing light, should players wish for such a thing for cosmetic reasons or when fighting 地牢幽魂s. Some other dyes can achieve this effect as well, such as Phase Dye although to a lesser degree.
- Utilizing 暮光染料, 閃光染料, 鮮艷海藍染料 or 鮮艷紅焰染料 seemingly turns the Wisp completely invisible.
- When directing the wisp into a cloud block from a floating island the wisp will glow significantly brighter.
- Wisp refers to Will-o'-the-wisps, mythological ghost lights reported to lead travelers to their death in swamps. Scientific attempts to explain reports of their appearance include fireflies and swamp gas.
- 1.2.3：Fixed bug where the wisp spazzes in water.