The Pixie is a Hardmode enemy that spawns frequently in The Hallow at the surface layer. Pixies hover a limited height over ground, emitting a fair amount of flickering light, and can inflict the Slow or Silenced debuffs. They always drop Pixie Dust, a common Hardmode crafting material.
- Although Pixies appear to "fly", they are only capable of hovering about four tiles above the ground at most, limiting them to a similar horizontal "jumping" range as a Zombie. However, Pixies can also "climb" vertical walls in order to reach the player, limiting the effectiveness of pit traps.
- Pixies' movement patterns complicate farming, as they float above shallow pools of lava and their bobbing movement makes it difficult to hit them with stationary traps. Minions with close-range attacks, such as Spiders, Ravens and Deadly Spheres, can mitigate this difficulty.
- Pixies can drop the Megaphone and Fast Clock at the same time. When one of them is dropped (a 1/100 / 1/50 chance), there is a 1/100 (1/50) chance to drop the other one as well. Therefore, the chance to drop both is 1/10,000 (1/2,500).
- The Pixie's design is a nod to a The Legend of Zelda, in which some fairies are spheres of colored light with wings. from the fantasy action-adventure video game franchise
- If the surface of the Hallow does not spawn in a world (such as if the Jungle already occupies that space), it may be necessary to farm Pixie drops in another world.
- 妖精的 怪物图鉴条目：“A larger, more luminous form of fairy. Pixies provide the Hallow with more blessed light and aid in the cleansing of the land.”
- 电脑版 1.3.5：外观更新。
- 电脑版 184.108.40.206：现在有几率掉落它自己的相应旗帜。
- 电脑版 1.2：现在有几率掉落快走时钟和扩音器。
- 电脑版 1.1：引入。