Treasure Bags are consumable items obtained in Expert mode as a reward for defeating Bosses. Its contents depend on the boss it comes from. It is opened by either right-clicking it inside the inventory or using it while it is in your hand. In multiplayer, each player that is online at the end of the battle receives one Treasure Bag each. Treasure bags are client-side and will despawn if you exit the world.
Each Treasure Bag contains the boss's usual drops from normal mode, along with one Expert mode-exclusive item (pink-highlighted items below)— with the exception of the Lunatic Cultist, Dark Mage, Betsy, and Ogre, who currently do not provide an Expert mode-exclusive item. Hardmode bosses' Bags additionally have a 5% chance to contain one random set of developer items.
Expert mode-exclusive items all have the Rainbow Rarity, with the exception of the Suspicious Looking Tentacle and 0x33's Aviators.
Internal Rarity[編輯 | 編輯原始碼]
Each treasure bag has an internal rarity, despite being expert items, which always have a rainbow rarity.
Developer items[編輯 | 編輯原始碼]
In addition to the above, all Treasure Bags from Hardmode bosses have a 5% chance to contain a random set of developer items. Obtaining a Treasure Bag in an Expert world, then opening the bag in a Normal world will retain the Treasure Bag's chance to yield developer items.
- Red's Helmet, Red's Breastplate, Red's Leggings, Red's Wings, Red's Throw
- Cenx's Tiara, Cenx's Breastplate, Cenx's Leggings, Cenx's Wings
- Cenx's Dress, Cenx's Dress Pants, Cenx's Wings
- Crowno's Mask, Crowno's Breastplate, Crowno's Leggings, Crowno's Wings
- Will's Helmet, Will's Breastplate, Will's Leggings, Will's Wings
- Jim's Helmet, Jim's Breastplate, Jim's Leggings, Jim's Wings
- Aaron's Helmet, Aaron's Breastplate, Aaron's Leggings
- D-Town's Helmet, D-Town's Breastplate, D-Town's Leggings, D-Town's Wings
- Lazure's Valkyrie Circlet, Lazure's Valkyrie Cloak, Lazure's Barrier Platform, Valkyrie Yoyo
- Yoraiz0r's Uniform, Yoraiz0r's Skirt, Yoraiz0r's Spell, Yoraiz0r's Scowl, Yoraiz0r's Recolored Goggles
- Skiphs's Mask, Skiphs's Skin, Skiphs's Bear Butt, Skiphs's Blood, Skiphs's Paws
- Loki's Helmet, Loki's Breastplate, Loki's Greaves, Loki's Dye, Loki's Wings
- Arkhalis's Hood, Arkhalis's Bodice, Arkhalis's Tights, Arkhalis's Lightwings
- Leinfors' Hair Protector, Leinfors' Excessive Style, Leinfors' Fancypants, Leinfors' Prehensile Cloak, Leinfors' Luxury Shampoo
Expert-exclusive item details[編輯 | 編輯原始碼]
- In multiplayer, if players are too far away from the boss towards the end of the fight, a treasure bag may sometimes not drop for them, regardless of how much they have contributed. So it is advisable to be close enough to witness the boss's demise onscreen towards the end of the fight.
- Additionally, in multiplayer, participation is based on damage dealt to the enemy. It is possible for a player to not receive a bag if they did not contribute enough damage to the battle.
- It is advisable to open bags on the ground in a quiet area if you have a full inventory as the delay in picking up the prizes can cause items to fall to other players.
- Treasure yields are considerably higher in multiplayer - multiple bags are handed out, with each containing the entire reward of a kill, and drop rates on the boss's unique items are often doubled.
- Trophies are not obtained from Treasure Bags.
- The Lunatic Cultist, Ogre, and Dark Mage have sprites for a treasure bag, even though they don't drop one.
- Betsy's treasure bag is the only one to not contain an expert mode exclusive item.
- Unlike the Lunatic Cultist's treasure bag, the Ogre and Dark Mage don't have data assigned to their treasure bags, as attempting to hack in either one will cause them to disappear from the player's inventory instantly.