- The Phantom Phoenix has lower base damage than the Repeaters available during early hardmode. However, it fires two arrows at once, doubling total damage done, and converts normal Arrows into Flaming Arrows, making the Endless Quiver more powerful. This makes it compete with or exceed the repeaters for DPS when using normal arrows.
- With Holy Arrows, the double-shooting of the Phantom Phoenix makes it operate like the Daedalus Stormbow, with slightly less arrows per shot but easier to aim.
- On the other hand, using piercing arrows such as Jester's Arrow or Unholy Arrow will make the enemy only take damage from one of the arrows, cutting the damage output in half.
- The flaming phoenix is destroyed by liquids, making the Phantom Phoenix significantly less effective underwater.
- The Phantom Phoenix is tied with the Phantasm and the Vortex Beater for the highest projectile velocity in Terraria.
- Like the other Old One's Army weapons, the Phantom Phoenix is a direct reference to the weapon of the same name in Dungeon Defenders 2, due to the Old One's Army event being a crossover event.
- 电脑版 22.214.171.124：
- Damage increased from 24 to 32.
- Use Time decreased from 20 to 18.
- Phoenix projectile now fires on every 3rd shot instead of every 4th.
- 电脑版 1.3.4：引入。
- 主机版 1.17：引入。