The Scutlix mount offers increased acceleration and land speed (40 mph top speed), increased jump height (14 tiles/28 feet), and its eyes automatically rapid-fire damaging lasers at enemies. It also reduces fall damage to 1.
Its lasers deal about 100 damage each (both fire each time, and are accurate). Scutlix can only target enemies in its field of vision, which is a roughly 120-degree cone in front of it. It cannot target enemies behind it unless the player manually turns it around to face them, which also occurs when the player attacks in that direction.
- Liquid traversal items like the Lava Waders will allow it to walk on liquid surfaces as well.
- Double-Jump items like the Cloud in a Bottle can also be used while riding Scutlix.
- Despite its name, it is not affiliated with the Brain Scrambler enemy, nor dropped by it.
- Its extreme maneuverability and the fact that it shoots lasers at enemies makes it arguably the best mount on land. However, it cannot fly or double-jump on its own (although good jump height makes up for this).
- The lasers fire very quickly and unlike the Mechanical Cart, shoot any enemies onscreen.