The Cell Phone, like other notable compound items (such as the Ankh Shield and Terra Blade), is an extremely powerful and helpful item to have on hand. Like a real-life cell phone, it can tell you the weather, the time, and where you are, among other things. Its usefulness however comes with a cost: its construction is highly time-consuming and some components are extremely difficult to find. This page will guide you on how to craft this item.
- Magic Mirror: An extremely easy item to obtain, as it simply requires finding a Underground Cabin with a chest.
- Ice Mirror: Found under basically the same conditions, except as secondary loot in Ice Chests.
- Watch: Six varieties of watches can be crafted with any of the early pre-biome ores. To craft the GPS, you will need to obtain one of the highest-quality watches, which display the time to the nearest real-life second or in-game minute, as opposed to every minute or half minute. In order to craft the required watch, you must acquire 40 of either Gold Ore or Platinum Ore (only one type, as they cannot be mixed), and 3 of either Iron Ore or Lead Ore. Melt all of these into bars. Use the iron or lead to create a chain, and then go to a table and chair and assemble a Gold Watch or Platinum Watch.
- Depth Meter: This is dropped by Cave Bats, Ice Bats and Jungle Bats. A Bat Statue can be used to easily obtain one.
- Compass: The compass can be obtained upon the death of certain monsters; Mother Slime, Piranha, Snow Flinx, Undead Viking, and Armored Viking. A Piranha Statue or Undead Viking statue can be used to easily obtain one.
Assemble these three items at a Tinkerer's Workshop to obtain the.
All are obtained from the Angler. You will initially have a 1 in 40 chance of obtaining each of these items upon completing one of the Angler's quests, although the chance will go up as you complete more quests.
Combine them at Tinkerer's Workshop to create the.
- Radar: This can be found in Wooden Chests, making it easy to find early on. It can also be obtained from Wooden Crates, although this may take more time.
- Lifeform Analyzer: Sometimes sold by Traveling Merchant.
- Tally Counter: Dropped by pre-hardmode Dungeon enemies (excluding Dungeon Slimes and trap-like enemies).
Combine them at the Tinkerer's Workshop to form the.
- DPS Meter: Sometimes sold by the Traveling Merchant
- Stopwatch: Sometimes sold by the Traveling Merchant (he may sell both at once)
- Metal Detector: Dropped by the rare Nymph. A Lifeform Analyzer and Hunter Potions can be used to track down one. It will only have a 50% chance of dropping (100% in Expert mode).
Assemble these at the Tinkerer's Workshop to craft the.
Combine the four previously assembled accessories (again, at the Tinkerer's Workshop) to get the.
These are combined at a Tinkerer's Workshop to earn the Cell Phone. Note that this is no longer an accessory and as such cannot be equipped nor receive modifiers.
- This section is a work in progress.
To obtain these items, it may help to farm them. A lot of pre-1.3 built farms may be unexpectedly useful in gathering ingredients. Battle Potions and Water Candles may be helpful with increasing spawn rates.
- Watch: Does not need farming - it's easily craftable. You could use Spelunker Potions to help find the rarer ores, or the Extractinator.
- Compass: Piranha Statues work well.
- Depth Meter: Bat Statues work well.
- Do fish quests for the Angler every day, they reset at 4:30 a.m. You could also use the Enchanted Sundial.
- Tally Counter: Enter a pre-Hardmode Dungeon and run rampant with decent weapons. After enough time, a Tally Counter might be dropped.
- Radar: If no surface chests are found with this, or your world was generated before 1.3, you can find it in Wooden Crates. Use Fishing Potions, Crate Potions, and Sonar Potions to increase your chances. Also, fish in forest ponds to reduce chances of Biome Crates spawning.
- Lifeform Analyzer: Use an Enchanted Sundial if you have one. Also, always make sure to have extra money around. While waiting for him to arrive, you could farm other items.
- Stopwatch: Use an Enchanted Sundial if you have one. Also, always make sure to have extra money around. While waiting for him to arrive, you could farm other items.
- DPS Meter: Use an Enchanted Sundial if you have one. Also, always make sure to have extra money around. While waiting for him to arrive, you could farm other items.
- Metal Detector: Create a long tunnel in an Underground Snow biome. Use Water Candles and Battle Potions to increase spawns. Run from end to end of the tunnel until a Lost Girl/Nymph spawns. A Lifeform Analyzer can also be used to find them more easily.