理由："The guide needs to be rewritten in a more accessible style."
This guide will show you how to survive a 地牢 and get home safely. A Dungeon contains unique and strong enemies, which may be hard to defeat, but also have a lot of unique items for your journey when you encounter the dungeon for the first time. You will find an 老人, who was cursed by his master, 骷髏王. See Guide:Skeletron_strategies on tips on how to defeat Skeletron. After defeating Skeletron, you can now explore the dungeon. To survive a Dungeon, it is highly recommended to get these items:
- a 武器, such as 魔光劍/血腥屠刀, or a 弓
- 火把es and 螢光棒s
- 盔甲, such as 暗影盔甲/猩紅盔甲
These items are optional. This is not required for your journey, but recommended:
- 魔鏡 (For escaping if in serious danger)
- 火箭靴 or 雲朵瓶
- 抓鉤, 常春藤鞭, or another type of grappling hook
- 魔刺 (To defeat enemies that can travel to walls)
- 夢魘鎬, 死亡使者鎬 or better. Lower tier pickaxes are unable to break Dungeon bricks.
- 鏈球 (For dealing with large groups of enemies)
- Potions (鐵皮藥水, 再生藥水, 狩獵藥水 or others)
- 光芒藥水 (If you don't want to use Torches and Glowsticks)
- Go slowly. The faster you go, the more likely you are to run into a situation where you die or can't get back out of.
- If you tear down and re-place the Dungeon walls, it will prevent monsters from spawning in those sections.
- Removing any 水蠟燭s you find can help you to survive, because they increase the spawn rate when placed. You can also use them later in-game when farming for rare enemies.
- Use a 抓鉤 to avoid ground-based hazards and to get out of range of most enemies.
- If a 武器 hits a projectile from a 暗黑法師, the projectile will be destroyed. Used well, this can negate most damage from this enemy.
- It is generally very dark in a dungeon. Whilst you can place torches, using a 狩獵藥水 is a good idea, as it will help you to notice enemies quickly even in the dark, especially if you run out of torches.
- A weapon that can pass through blocks such as a 魔刺 will help greatly, allowing you to kill Dark Casters and 詛咒骷髏頭s from behind blocks.
- 烈焰火輪s glow and thus are not hard to see, but they can be very annoying due to their fast speed.
- Moving far enough off-screen causes an inconvenient Spiky Ball or Blazing Wheel to disappear.
- Blazing Wheels can't go through closed doors, meaning that you can easily trap them inside already explored rooms.
- Remember to kill any 地牢史萊姆 you encounter, since you'll need plenty of keys for looting the chests.
- Equip a 鈷護盾 as soon as you find it. Resistance to knockback is very valuable.
- Keep a Pressure Plate in your hotbar and check every room for traps before you enter.
- Spikes may be removed with a Pickaxe, or from a distance with 粘性炸彈s. Use a grappling hook to get across or build a bridge above them.
- Dart traps can be harvested with a pickaxe and used for custom traps or home-defense systems.
The dungeon becomes extremely dangerous once you defeat 世紀之花. The message "Screams are echoing from the dungeon..." appears and much more dangerous enemies start to spawn. These enemies drop high tier items and useful crafting materials such as 靈氣.
For fast access to the dungeon it's best to use a skybridge. If you have a skybridge at the floating island layer, you'll have to fight the occasional 飛龍 and 鳥妖. It's recommended to dig a 'hellevator' down to the main part of the dungeon, so you don't have to maneuver through the zigzagging entrance shaft. Choose your farming spot carefully. Stay as close to the entrance as possible, so that when you die, you can get your things back with ease. The spot should be protected from monsters spawning above you. Last, but not least, choose a spot where there is more or less equal distribution of brick, slab and tiled walls. DON'T choose a spot where tiled walls are a majority, because 魔教徒s are the quintessence of death in the small dungeon corridors. Brick walls are probably the best, as you'll get 暗影束法杖 quickly from the 死靈法師s, which is extremely useful against the casters. It's not recommended to walk around when farming for loot, because you can die in a far-away place and it can be hard to get back (if you play with a mediumcore character). See the picture on the right for more tips.
- At least 精金盔甲/鈦金盔甲 armor.
- Well-reforged weapons. You'll need weapons with high knockback and fast firing rate to keep the enemies away.
- 寒霜法杖 is deadly with its stacked damage and fair knockback and one of the best weapons to use against dungeon enemies
- 水晶風暴 or the higher-tier 吹葉機 are good for their low mana requirements and high speed
- The 魔法豎琴's only disadvantage is the lack of knockback, but it also comes in handy against hordes of monsters. Additionally you may spam the room with its projectiles as a precaution against casters
- The 彩虹魔杖's controlled projectiles aren't very useful, because there will be no time for you to control the projectile .
- The 黃金雨, 劇毒法杖, 寒霜之花, 詛咒焰 or 爆裂藤蔓 may also come in handy. Try them and see which work for you.
- Strong 鎬.
- Light source.
- Lots of 強效治療藥水 and 強效魔力藥水 potions.
- At least 1 Hardmode summoner weapon.
- A Biome Chest weapon if you get the key for it.
- A 巨獸鯊, 烏茲衝鋒槍, or 鱷魚機關槍 with 葉綠彈s for the fast fire rate, homing and high damage.
- 葉綠連弩 for spread, can be switched with 神聖連弩 if one desires damage and speed instead.
- 光束劍, 霜印劍, 葉綠軍刀/葉綠雙刃刀, 原版斷鋼劍, 原版永夜刃, or 泰拉刃 are all convenient melee options.
- 花冠 is good for its high damage and petal attack.
- The Dungeon frequently gets clogged with baddies. An explosive weapon will help you take down the clumps.
- TONS of potions.
- Useful Accessories:
- Avoid being within the range of sight of 聖騎士s. Their fast hammers can surprise you and deal enormous damage, not to mention that it can hit you twice, even when it falls down. Either hide from them or shoot at them continuously, focusing only on them.
- Kill casters as soon as they spawn, and use a very strong weapon, at least with 60 damage. The casters teleport away after being hit (except for 襤褸邪教徒法師s), which means that weapons like 水晶風暴 are useless due to their low damage.
- Once dropped, use 暗影束法杖 against casters, 獄火叉 against common enemies and 磁球 when you aren't in danger (it moves very slowly, which makes it dangerous to use as a primary weapon).
- [[Wisp in a Bottle}}]] can keep your surroundings lit infinitely without the need to use torches.
- Place a wired 心形雕像/星星雕像 near your dungeon base to save potions. Additionally, you can use 紅心燈籠s and the like for faster health regeneration.
- You can enhance your damage and defense using potions, but you will drain them quickly. Better buy an extra 水晶球 to keep in the dungeon.
- Which enemies you should kill sooner than others?
- You can't avoid 魔教徒s and their projectiles, making them arguably the deadliest dungeon enemies. Kill them as soon as possible. 襤褸邪教徒法師s are also very annoying, since they shoot rapidly and inflict the 燈火管制 debuff, which can easily blind you in dimly lit areas. 死靈法師s shoot more slowly and their beams can be avoided with some skills, but don't leave them alone for too long.
- Paladins should be avoided at all costs. Don't give them a chance to throw their hammers and don't get cornered, because they are immune to knockback.
- Watch out for 骷髏特警s, 骷髏突擊手s and 骷髏狙擊手s. Use a fast weapon like 寒霜法杖 or 雷射步槍 to keep them from shooting and finish them when you get closer.
- 巨型詛咒骷髏頭s spawn occasionally, but they usually fly through walls, which makes them difficult to target. If you don't have 爆裂藤蔓, fly away from them to make them leave walls, then shoot them like any other enemy.
- Other enemies are fairly easy to defeat and once you make 幽靈盔甲, use the set with hood to quickly regenerate your health by killing them.
- When fighting an enemy, keep shooting for a second or two after they are dead, because you never know when the 地牢幽魂 will spawn. The spirits fly around you rapidly, which makes it difficult to hit them with small-projectile weapons. If you don't have the 獄火叉 yet, then use a ricocheting weapon like the 魔法豎琴.
- If you are only interested in the chests, you can just dig around the entire dungeon, avoiding all the enemies. Make sure you block the path behind you, though.