- 只使用远程，近战或是魔法武器 （甚至一个特定的子类别的武器）。你可以用你的初始武器直到你获得对应的武器。
- 保持你的生命在 100。（至少要坚持到困难模式开始时）
- 扮演人鱼，通过永久装备一个海神贝壳和鱼缸。你能玩多久？（提示：使用鱼鳃药水或水桶) (Origin)
- Buckethead: Equip a Bucket at the start of the game and never unequip it. This will indeed ruin every set bonus. (Origin)
- 被诅咒的人：将你的重生点设置在地牢， If you are on a server with other players enable PvP.
- Bomberman: Mine only using dynamite/bombs (only Hardmode).
- No Armor Challenge: Use no armor (only Vanity or armor as vanity). Potions that effect armor value or modifiers/accessories that affect armor value are not allowed either. (Origin)
- Fairy: Cleanse the Corruption and spread the Hallow. Settle and live only in the Hallow.
- No Crafting: Never craft an item.
- Use only Yoyos as weapons.
There are various mods available that introduce new items and enemies to Terraria. It is generally a good idea to backup your world and characters before installing them, as they may no longer work once you decide to uninstall a mod.
Although it is rarely made use of, Terraria can be played at various difficulty settings. Try playing it at mediumcore or hardcore and see how long you can last. Playing these game modes on Expert mode can further increase the difficulty.
You probably already built some of the building projects, try upgrading them. However, if you didn't build one in the current world you are playing in, try to build them right away:
- Hellevator (Replace left and right sides of Hellevator, as well as walls. Gray Bricks are most common choice.)
- Skybridge (After obtaining Mechanical Cart, connect edges of the world with rail, but keep platforms beneath, for when you need to get out of minecart or collect stars. It's a way better version of Skybridge)
- Mushroom & Plant Farm
- Battle Arena
- Traps for farming monsters.
Connect one or more Bird Statues to a Timer or a Switch. Then use a gun (Musket, Minishark, Shotgun, Blowpipe) to shoot at the birds that emerge. Make it more challenging by adding a few obstacles in the arena (possibly Active Stone Blocks connected to a Timer?) and close off the arena to prevent the birds from escaping.
If you have defeated each boss in Terraria, try summoning and fighting more bosses at once.
- NPC Houses: Maybe you created tiny Houses for your Non Player Characters to live in and now want to improve them. What better way to do this than to make custom houses for all your NPCs? Some simple decorations can quickly turn any normal house into one that fits the theme of the NPC. For example add some Plants and a Flower Wall to the house of your Dryad. Maybe some Bottles and a bed for your nurse? A Crystal Ball for your Wizard and an Ammo Box for your Arms Dealer. Some Christmas decoration for Santa Claus and so on. All NPCs have some items that suit their theme, allowing you to build some nice houses for all your NPCs.
- Castle: One of the most popular constructions in Terraria is a castle. Of course you can build a simple symmetric castle, but this often tends to look rather boring. A good way to build a more interesting castle is to start by building some tower tops of varying sized and varying heights and after that connect them. For colors the Gray Bricks and Red Bricks combine well, while some more expensive bricks may look good for the throne room. Aside from that use your own imagination and build the castle the way you like it.
- Mine: Not only is it handy to have direct access to a large mine but it looks great too. Using some Wooden Beams, Planked Walls and torches you can make a simple yet good looking mine for yourself.
- Tree House: Another popular construction. You can either build your own tree house or modify a Living Tree to create one. Make sure to use some more natural building blocks and walls to make it look better.
- Outposts: Another popular construction is to build outposts in the different biomes, usually in the style of the biome it is build in. This also allows you to easily buy items that NPCs only sell in specific biomes (especially if you use Teleporters or a King/Queen Statue to teleport the NPCs there).
- Themed Houses: There are many furniture themes in Terraria. For example take a look at the different Doors that are available. You can make a house (or other structure) for each of those themes.
- Pyramid: Although some Pyramids can be found in the world they are hardly worthy as a tomb for an emperor. Make a giant above ground pyramid, half maze and half trapped to make a worthy burial chamber.
- Domes: You want easy access to all different biomes, but you don't want to leave your house? Make the biomes come to you. Build large glass domes with a biome inside of every dome.
- Treasure Chamber: You may not have noticed yet, but you can place Coins, Bars and Gems. Although generally a waste to do so, this can be used to make a great looking treasure chamber.
- Atlantis: Yet another popular construction. You can build cities basically everywhere. Below the ground, in the skies, but also underwater. This is one of the more difficult constructions to build, as you tend to drown, you move slow underwater and it is dark. Furthermore, you properly want to drain the water out of your constructed building, while still allowing you to easily enter this. Luckily there are solutions to all those problems. For building underwater you properly want to use Gills Potion. If you are already further into the game you can find a Neptune's Shell, allowing you to breath permanently underwater, while also allowing you to move freely. To provide you with light you can use a Fairy Bell or similar items. To drain the water you only need a single Lava Bucket. Build a small enclosed space at the bottom of your house, remove the water inside with empty buckets and build some furniture inside. After that pour the bucket of lava in it and let the water flow in. The furniture will prevent Obsidian from being generated, causing all the water to disappear. To allow entrance, without buildings being flooded make an entrance from below using Platforms.
- Sky Tower: Build a tower reaching all the way into space. Make sure to use different themes at different heights for a great look.
- Museum: There are many items to display in Terraria. For example you can make rooms to display Statues, Paintings, Trophies, Armors, Banners, Butterflies and other Critters.
- Pixel Art: An alternate way of decorating your world, which is very popular in servers. Using different colored blocks (and/or paints), you can make sprites inside your world. Try making your own character too! Gemspark blocks will work better, especially if you want your creation to be visible in the dark.