|注意: Most of the arena designs that are listed below have to be edited in their respective Terrain Preparation sections of their guide, as they are transcluded from these pages.|
- 战斗场地最好建在远离 基地 的地方，这样 NPC 就不会受伤或死亡。最好建在靠近地面的地方，远离天空，这样战斗的时候就不会有 鸟妖 和 飞龙 刷新出来捣乱。
- 一个典型的战斗场地，通常是由多排长排的 木平台组成，或是地面上的平坦表面或 沥青块 组成的跑道，以提升奔跑速度。
- 有时，战斗场地的形状取决于 Boss 或 事件 以及玩家决定如何与之战斗. 机关 和 熔岩 可以轻松杀死事件中的小怪, 虽然某些boss，如 史莱姆王 不能通过实体方块， (从184.108.40.206版本开始, 史莱姆王卡在实体方块上，会直传送到玩家的面前)。
- 放置 篝火, 红心灯笼, 蜂蜜 放置 泡泡 和 心形雕像 可以大大增加生命回复。法师也可以放置 星星瓶 和 星星雕像来回复魔力.
- 和平蜡烛 降低野怪的刷新率，这有利于战斗场地的建设。
- 不灭蜡烛 会增加野怪的刷新率，这有利于对抗定时的事件，如南瓜月亮。但是在和boss或不定时事件时将会更加的困难。
- 你可以在战斗场地附近为 护士 NPC 建造一座房子. 房子里放一张 床, 所以在战斗时，你可以用 魔镜 或 回忆药水 来到护士这里及时治疗。 房子最好建在远离竞技场的地方，以防护士被杀。
- 一座 韧皮雕像 可以增加附近玩家的防御，它可以在 沙漠地下 被找到。
- 因为幸运可以增加伤害, 所以放置可以增加幸运的物品会很有帮助。如： 花园侏儒以及相应的生物群落的 火把。
- 当你杀死 机械boss 并让 蒸汽朋克人 搬进你的房子, 你就可以购买并使用 传送机，令人震惊的影响。 当你连接到 压力板 时，你走上去，就可以立刻穿越到战斗场地，大大的提高了机动性。它也可以用来传送到护士身边治疗，然后迅速返回战场。
- If using the Nurse is something that you are planning to do, create a three block high valid NPC house directly underneath your arena and move in the Nurse. This way, you can still right-click her easily since she is right underneath you and still run right by without having to enter a building that could trap you.
- Try building your arena so the center is at your natural world spawn, that way if an event occurs you can easily teleport there by unsetting your spawn point from your bed and using a Magic Mirror or Recall Potion. You will teleport directly to the arena so you can get in the fight right away, and if you die you will respawn right there again. Try combining this with the above strategy so you can respawn after death right at the Nurse to heal yourself the rest of the way.
- If you are going to be moving the Nurse into your arena, it is a good idea to move the Arms Dealer into a nearby or adjacent house so the Nurse will be happy. This way, healing from the Nurse will cost much less than if she was alone, and you can easily buy more ammunition from the Arms Dealer if you run out.
Using a Daedalus Stormbow with holy arrows can be extremely effective due to the destroyer's length making it easy to hit
You need to be in a world where Skeletron has NOT been defeated. Otherwise, it will not spawn.
As it will instantly kill you when it touches you, the only way to defeat it is to outrun it. Therefore you have five good options for terrain:
- The first option is simply use the whole map, by using Gravitation Potions to move around. You will fall faster than it and you can move diagonally to go even faster.
- The second option is a very long Skybridge. You will be equally fast as the Dungeon Guardian when running horizontally and jumping with wings. If you want to outrun it make a diagonal skybridge or build the skybridge out of Asphalt.
- The third option is to simply use a good pair of Wings or a flying mount such as the Cosmic Car Key or Shrimpy Truffle with a clear, open space.
- The fourth option requires a rail system that goes in a circle, using a fast Minecart (Using mechanical Minecart is more useful) or Booster Tracks. This can also be automated with Traps, such as Spike Ball or Spear Traps within the rail circle of with summons and a Star Wrath.
- The fifth option is to set up a Hoik loop. As the Dungeon Guardian spawns use a recall potion to get to a spawn point set up near the Hoik loop and mount it. If timed correctly, you will loop around fast enough to make the Dungeon Guardian constantly change direction, and, as a result, simply spin in tight circles in the center of the Hoik loop.
To reliably "summon" the Dungeon Guardian, it is recommended to dig a straight shaft down from outside the dungeon. The Depth Meter or any of its upgrades are recommended for this.
If the player has access to the Mechanic and Steampunker it is possible to build a Teleporter arena (example). This can make the fight dramatically easier, especially if the Teleporters are automated with Timers. As the Mechanic is found in the Dungeon it is required for the player to bring materials from a world where Skeletron has already been defeated.
Before starting an event, make sure NPCs are protected, otherwise they will be attacked and possibly killed during the fight. Placing a block in front of a Door will prevent enemies from forcing them open and killing the NPCs.
If defended properly, the events can then be easily fought on a player's Base, using the Houses built as cover. Since most enemies from invasions lack the ability to attack through walls, they can be easily killed while standing above them in an enclosed room. However, make sure to have an exit ready for when the enemies that can attack through blocks spawn.
A flat surface about 168 blocks wide (See NPC spawning) will focus all spawns on the arena. Above it there should be a long platform of the same width, high above the ground in order to keep grounded enemies out of reach.
Since the player will mostly focus on the Bosses on the later waves, Lava pit and Traps may be helpful to take out the weaker enemies more easily. However, on higher difficulties the Traps' low damage is practically useless against the higher-health enemies, making them almost a liability due to their piercing iframes and the risk of being hit by them and taking massive damage in the process.
It's also a good idea to make a room with a 床 near the Arena, so in case of death you can quickly get back to it.