- 默认玩家在进入大部分液体时（岩浆除外）头上会出现 呼吸条 显示玩家的憋气时长
- 均需要如 桶 或 泵 这样的特殊手段移动
- 均可以进行 钓鱼
- 其水体都可以视为 制作站
One of the very unique exploitable properties of liquids is the way of being able to reproduce them indefinitely. Here are some of the ways to make infinite liquids:
- Using Pumps - An input pump will remove up to the four "blocks" of Water on it and send the same amount to ALL Outlet Pumps. Meaning, if you had one inlet pump connected to say, multiple outlet pumps, every single outlet pump would "output" four "blocks" of water meaning you would multiply the water. This is by far the quickest method to generate large amounts of liquid as the process could be automated with a 1-second Timer. However, this only works if the inlet pumps are completely submerged.
- In the 移动版, a similar method is used. Instead of using one switch for the outlet pumps, the player must use two switches on the outlet pumps (both connected to the inlet pump, but the wires should not be touching; it is advised each outlet pump is connected to the inlet pump via two different color wires) and spam both of them as fast as possible, and simultaneously. It is slow, but eventually the water will rise.
- "Splitting Liquids" - This method uses the game physics of water to your advantage. If you placed a liquid on a block with both sides of it exposed to air, the liquid would evenly separate to both sides but as it settles, each "half is one full "block" of water. This method is a little more tedious, unless one sets up multiple cascading block splits to separate each half into more halves. This often happens accidentally -- whether using buckets, pumps, or merely digging channels for pools to flow, you are likely to end up with more liquid than you started with.
- Using Bottomless Water Bucket - Allows the player to create water blocks infinitely. Used as a bucket but can never remove liquid blocks and never empties. (The Super Absorbant Sponge [sic] does the reverse, absorbing water infinitely.)
- Mining Hellstone - if in the Underworld, drops a half bucket of lava.
- Killing Lava Slimes (Expert Mode)
It's possible to reuse Hive by using the Hive Wand, then mine it again for another chance for more honey. However, when it does turn into honey, the Hive block is consumed.
One of the unique properties of liquids is their ability to create solid blocks upon contact with another different liquid. There are three different blocks created this way: Obsidian, Honey Block, and Crispy Honey Block. When this occurs, up to one "block" of each liquid is consumed at each contact source leaving one block it its place. This does not require a full block of either liquid -- for example, dumping a single bucket of water above the middle of a lava pool, can produce three or more obsidian blocks.
Crispy Honey Blocks are the least common. They are formed when Honey and Lava come in contact. However, in the 电脑版 and they can also be crafted at a 版Furnace from Honey Blocks, making them pretty much just as obtainable as normal Honey, if not more obtainable.
Using Pumps from infinite liquid sources can make them very convenient and of course infinite to produce. To the right is an example of compact infinite liquid and infinite liquid-synthesized blocks generators. Note the enclosed storage to prevent overflowing and the 1-second Timer to automate the process.