這意味著這個頁面會引導你完成一個特定的任務、戰略、或與 敵怪 / Boss 之間的戰鬥。
Player versus Player是一個允許相互傷害或擊殺的可選模式，玩家可以組隊或單打。在Inventory界面中點擊右上角的劍就可以在多人模式中啟用PvP選項。雙方必須都開啟PvP模式才能互相攻擊。
PvP 並不解鎖任何遊戲內容，而且你不會從你的敵人那裡得到任何戰利品。他是純粹可選的。 參加 PvP 的玩家只為娛樂及挑戰自我，無論單挑或組隊。下面是幫助你成為一個熟練PvP玩家的指南和一些小貼士。
|PvP icons on 電腦版 and 主機版.|
- 奪取寶石（Capture the Gem，CTG）: 奪取大寶石。玩家將組成兩個團隊，通過將對方基地里的寶石(一般是大寶石)奪回並帶回自己的基地而獲勝。有關更多信息，詳見指南:奪取寶石。* 團隊死亡競賽: 玩家組成兩個隊伍，第一隻隊伍達到指定擊殺數則獲得勝利。
- 大逃殺: 一種玩家分布在各個地方的玩法，玩家會在死亡時淘汰，最後存活的玩家將獲得勝利。
- 飢餓遊戲: 大逃殺的子模式，玩家可以選擇角色，並被允許使用伺服器世界中的所有物品來擊殺對方玩家。
- 職業戰爭: 一種子模式，允許玩家從伺服器預先設定好的幾種職業中進行選擇。
- 中核: 為基於團隊的遊戲玩法提供了更多的空間。當你死亡時，對方會奪取你的裝備，使他們更難以被打敗。
- 硬核: 對於一些需要擊殺的遊戲（例如大逃殺），可能需要玩家進入硬核模式。
- 控制 PvP: 標準的 PvP，某些物品禁止使用。目的是為了防止 PvP 演變成僅圍繞三四件武器來展開戰鬥的陳舊體驗。
由於 PvP 是純粹出於娛樂目的而存在的可選功能，因此對你和你的對手就可以使用武器的可接受性達成協議非常重要。當然，你可以嘗試使用自己喜歡的非標準武器來進行PvP，但是除非你可以說服對手這樣做，否則不要指望這些武器能發揮出色。
在對付敵人時，以神級為最佳修飾詞的武器在進行 PvP 時應將其改為無情 。
- 天頂劍- 造成穿透物塊的、大範圍的極高傷害。
- 終極稜鏡- 擁有近乎無限的射程，極高的傷害， 並且它的命中區域幾乎是瞬間出現的。
- 狂星之怒- 極高傷害的射彈垂直覆蓋整個屏幕。
- 彩虹貓之刃- 極高傷害的射彈水平覆蓋多個屏幕區域。
- 泰拉悠悠球- 在大範圍內造成極高傷害，而且幾乎無法躲避。
- 錢幣槍 with 鉑金幣 - 極高的傷害和射彈飛行速度。
- 克蘇魯之眼（物品）- 擁有可控制的高傷害、相當不錯的範圍，可以對沒有裝備盾的玩家造成暈眩。
- 破曉之光 - 有極高的基礎傷害和速度和巨大的射彈，有時會被禁用。
- 泰拉刃 - 發射快速、遠距離、高基礎傷害的射彈劍，
- 波涌之刃-在PvP中與 泰拉刃泰拉刃幾乎相同，但射彈不會二次攻擊玩家。
- 日耀噴發劍- 可以穿透牆壁，而且有不錯的傷害。
- 飛龍（物品）-結合了泰拉刃和 日耀噴發劍的優點。 有時會被禁用。
- 腐化者之戟 - 傷害較低，但在狹小空間內的大量射彈可以削減耀斑盔甲和甲蟲盔甲的套裝獎勵。
- 聖騎士錘 - 高傷害、速度和攻擊速度讓其很難躲避。攻擊距離取決於近戰攻擊速度加成。
- 瘋狂飛斧- 聖騎士錘的較弱版本。
- 北極- 傷害較低，但在開放空間內幾乎無可匹敵。
Ranged weapons generally have high range and velocity, both of which are exactly what is needed in this mode. Guns and Rocket weapons should use High Velocity Bullets and Rocket III, respectively. Bows have more versatility, and can be used with Holy Arrows, Venom Arrows, Chlorophyte Arrows, or Luminite Arrows depending on the situation.
- Sniper Rifle - Extremely high damage and velocity; finishes most players in a few shots when aimed well. Sometimes banned.
- Celebration - Very high damage and large explosion hitbox, but has low velocity and speed.
- Snowman Cannon - High damage and speed with a large explosion hitbox. Marginally better velocity than the Celebration.
- Proximity Mine Launcher - Places high-damage, nearly-invisible traps on the ground.
- Electrosphere Launcher - Places larger, shorter-lived traps in midair. Velocity is too low to chase players with.
- Tsunami - Shoots a somewhat large cluster of arrows with decent damage and arrow effects. Velocity and damage can be increased using Venom Arrows.
- Phantasm - Lesser version of Tsunami.
- Pulse Bow - Floods an area with high velocity, bouncing projectiles, dealing decent damage.
- Candy Corn Rifle - Similar to the Pulse Bow, but faster and affected by gravity.
- Jack 'O Lantern Launcher - Slower, more damaging version of the Candy Corn Rifle.
- Chain Gun - Low damage, but strips away Solar Flare armor and Beetle armor set bonuses faster than anything else.
- Vortex Beater - Higher-damage version of Chain Gun, but still inaccurate.
- Daedalus Stormbow with Holy Arrows - Similar in role to the Chain Gun, but safer and even less accurate.
- Nail Gun - Deals high damage instantly upon hitting a player. Creates delayed explosions if it hits terrain.
- Elf Melter - One of the few weapons that properly applies its debuff in PvP. Low damage.
- S.D.M.G - Somewhat less damage than the Sniper Rifle, but second only to the Chain Gun in speed. Sometimes banned.
Homing properties do not work in PvP, leaving magic users with relatively few high-damage options to work with.
- Blizzard Staff - Covers a wide vertical area. Low damage, but quickly strips away Solar Flare armor and Beetle armor set bonuses.
- Lunar Flare - Higher damage version of Blizzard Staff. Impossible to hide from, especially within structures. Sometimes banned.
- Nebula Blaze - Very high damage, but inaccurate at a distance. Occasionally fires a Nebula Blaze EX that deals triple damage. Sometimes banned.
- Rainbow Gun - Places a low-damage but extremely wide trap.
- Razorblade Typhoon - Low damage, but has a large hitbox and floods enclosed spaces.
Minions and sentries do not attack normally in PvP, but players will take damage upon touching them, and the summon will disappear. This means that it is possible to summon minions and sentries on top of your opponents to damage them instantly, making summoning a viable if somewhat one-dimensional playstyle.
- Rainbow Crystal Staff - Extremely high damage and can be placed in midair. Impossible to hide from, and often banned.
- Staff of the Frost Hydra - Similar to Rainbow Crystal Staff, but can only be placed on the ground.
- Ballista Staff - Similar to Rainbow Crystal Staff, but can only be placed on the ground.
- Morning Star - Extremely high damage. Can nearly one shot players with the correct setup.
While some set bonuses can significantly increase your combat effectiveness, hybrid sets are also not only viable, but often recommended in order to maximize damage bonuses while sacrificing useless bonuses to Critical hit rate.
- Beetle armor (shell) - Reduces damage taken by 45%, 30%, or 15% depending on the number of active beetles. Beetles regenerate periodically and disappear upon taking damage. Greatly enhances survivability in skirmishes.
- Solar Flare armor - Similar to the Beetle Shell, but always grants 30% damage reduction as long as a shield is active. Charges take longer to regenerate.
- Vortex armor - Stealth greatly increases damage, while making you nearly invisible if your health bar is full. Should be toggled off when you are trying to escape.
- Shroomite armor - Makes you nearly invisible and greatly increases damage, but only while standing still. Lesser version of Vortex armor.
- Valhalla Knight's Breastplate and Squire's Great Helm can be kept in the inventory for quick out-of-battle healing.
- The largest increases to Melee damage belong to the Shinobi Infiltrator's Helmet, Solar Flare Breastplate, and Hallowed Greaves.
- Disregarding stealth, the largest increases to Ranged damage belong to Shroomite headpieces, Red Riding Dress, and Vortex Leggings.
- The Frost Helmet is a decent compromise for those who want to use both Melee and Ranged weapons, boosting the damage of both by 16%.
- The largest increases to Magic damage belong to the Chlorophyte Headgear, Dark Artist's Robes, and Nebula Leggings.
- If you leave your vanity slots empty, your opponents will be able to identify your armor set simply by looking at you. Whether you choose to conceal yourself with a different armor set or simply a vanity set that you think looks good, it is best to equip something in those slots, if only to deny this advantage to your opponents.
- Dyes are also a useful consideration, especially when worn with vanity sets that fully cover the player's skin, to blend in with Background Walls/darkness, assuming the dyes used for each slot are of a similar color to the wall tiles behind the player's sprite..
As players generally focus on dealing rapid burst damage, accessories providing a regeneration bonus over time, such as the Band of Regeneration, will not save you from death. It is viable to specialize in either damage output or percentage-based damage reduction, but some form of mobility is practically a requirement; neither the Shrimpy Truffle nor the Cosmic Car Key is agile enough to evade a competent human player.
As your aim as a PvP player is to win the DPS war against your opponent, all your accessories should be reforged to Menacing. Increasing your damage dealt by 4% will give you a more significant edge than reducing damage taken by 2.
- Charm of Myths - Allows you to consume a healing potion 15 seconds earlier, which could save your life.
- Shiny Stone - Regenerates health very quickly when out of combat.
- Cross Necklace - Increases the duration of invincibility frames, though not to the same extent that it does against monsters.
- Master Ninja Gear - Has a 10% chance to negate damage and provide a duration of invincibility, up to 2 seconds with the Cross Necklace. Usually banned for this reason.
- The Tabi however is generally not banned, and provides an invaluable way to move quickly and unpredictably.
- Ankh Shield - Protects you from being stunlocked by Yoyos and other fast weapons. Debuff protection is not very valuable in PvP, as most weapons fail to inflict debuffs in PvP regardless (with the Bee Keeper as a rare exception).
- Paladin's Shield - Provides 2 more defense than the Ankh Shield and the same protection against knockback. Reduces damage taken by allies when the wearer is above 25% HP by taking the damage yourself, while also activating effects from accessories such as the Star Veil and Black Belt. An excellent choice in team-based PvP.
- Worm Scarf - Provides 17% damage reduction.
- Frozen Turtle Shell - Provides 25% damage reduction when below 50% health.
- Sniper Scope - Allows you to see enemies from further away, making it easier to conduct a pre-emptive strike.
- Damage-increasing accessories such as a class-specific Emblem/Celestial Emblem, Avenger Emblem/Mechanical Glove, and/or Celestial Stone/Celestial Shell/Destroyer Emblem/Sniper Scope, listed in decreasing order of raw damage boost.
- Super Healing Potions can save you from the brink of death.
- Ironskin Potion, Endurance Potion, Lifeforce Potion, and Regeneration Potion improve your survivability just as much as they do outside of PvP.
- Swiftness Potion increases speed by 25%, preventing you from falling behind others buffed with Swiftness.
- Obsidian Skin Potion negates lava hazards and prevents Elf Melters from setting you on fire.
- Invisibility Potion grants complete invisibility, but you become visible during the brief moments when you attack. While it may be disorienting to not know your own location, it is far more aggravating for your opponents, unless they have managed to scratch you to reveal your health bar. Sometimes banned.
- Gravitation Potion is disorienting, but provides extra maneuverability.
- Featherfall Potion allows you to move unpredictably.
- Mana Regeneration Potion provides the most impactful buff for mages, drastically speeding up mana regeneration without the need for Super Mana Potions.
- Magic Power Potion, Clairvoyance, Archery Potion, and Sake improve damage output for their respective classes.
- Wrath Potion improves damage output for all classes.
- Dangersense Potion alerts you to the presence of traps.
- Night Owl Potion increases visibility, but unlike the Shine Potion, it will not give away your position.
- Well Fed increases several stats, and improves health regeneration on Expert mode worlds.
- If you have a Light Pet, it is best to turn it off to avoid premature detection. You want to see your opponents before they see you.
- The Bat Hook retracts faster than any other hook, and is the best for making rapid maneuvers.
- The Slimy Saddle allows you to rapidly launch off the ground with no acceleration required, and also allows you to fall quickly out of the air.
- Neither the Cosmic Car Key nor the Shrimpy Truffle provide you with a lot of agility, but they are at least more agile than a pair of Wings whose flight time has run out.
- If not banned, the Rod of Discord is an extremely useful movement option that allows you to teleport to any location on your screen.
- Smoke Bombs produce clouds of smoke roughly 2 blocks wide and 9 blocks tall. A few of them can easily conceal a player or two, which can be useful for stealth, in case any form of invisibility is unavailable.
Your strategies will change depending on the type of PvP gameplay (see above). The strategies described below are more applicable to team modes such as Capture the Gem or dedicated all-out PvP servers, rather than for unrestricted PvP with endgame equipment.
Your enemies may have set up traps and other defenses to counter anyone who gets too close. If the area isn't protected by plugins such as TShock, disabling traps with a Wire Cutter or The Grand Design is very simple. Otherwise, the utility of scouting is very limited, so it is better to attack at once as a group.
By using Wormhole Potions, your teammates can teleport to your position and ambush your opponents. If you are scouting for this purpose, be sure to drink an Invisibility Potion to avoid giving away the surprise. However, even if you are invisible or stealthed, your enemies will still be able to see your health bar if it isn't full.
In PvP, it is essential to be able to move quickly and unpredictably to avoid getting hit. Relying on the Cosmic Car Key as your only form of flight may have worked when fighting monsters, but the same approach in PvP will get you picked off very quickly. The Tabi, Wings, and a fast grappling hook such as the Bat Hook should always be considered for high mobility.
- The Solar Flare armor's dashing ability is not a substitute for the Tabi, as you temporarily lose this ability once you run out of shield charges.
- The Swiftness Potion boosts your movement speed by 25%.
- The Slimy Saddle can be used to greatly increase falling speed or to instantly jump high off the ground with no delay; both of these sudden, unpredictable movements are valuable for dodging attacks.
- As players are taller than they are wide, attacking other players from either side is generally more effective than attacking from above or below. For this reason, vertical movement is typically considered more valuable for dodging, so it is recommended to equip Wings with a high vertical speed boost such as Solar Wings, or a Frog Leg.
By quickly placing a wall of blocks such as dirt, you can defend yourself from most projectiles, forcing opponents to approach. This can be taken further by placing three platforms on your own side of the blockade and hammering them, creating a one-way blockade behind which you can still fire upon your opponents. This is most effective in formats that involve new characters using earlygame equipment.
Summoning multiple bosses at an enemy's base is an effective way to cause chaos if they aren't properly geared to take the bosses on.
Dungeon Bricks are the most plentiful explosion-proof blocks that will prevent your base from being destroyed by someone using explosives. If explosives are not banned on the server, consider using those.
If building is allowed on the server, naturally-occurring hazards can be repurposed to damage or distract your PvP opponents. They are unlikely to harm players with access to flight or hooks, but can potentially be effective in modes that require fresh characters. The following information may also be of interest to those who wish to design an arena for other players to fight each other on.
- Spikes and Wooden Spikes harm players on contact.
- Meteorite, Hellstone, and Hellstone Bricks rapidly deplete the health of players that are touching them. However, this can be negated with variants of the Obsidian Skull or Obsidian Skin Potions.
- Lava is one of the most damaging natural hazards, and can be used to line the bottom of deep pits.
- Sand can be dropped on players, dealing minor damage. If a large amount of Sand is dropped all at once, such as through a wiring mechanism, players will be trapped and rapidly suffocate.
- Actuators can be used to surprise players by creating a deep pit, killing them with fall damage, or by blocking off entrances/exits, or opening holes in walls to shoot through.
- Certain Statues such as Chest Statues and Medusa Statues can be wired to a Pressure Plate or Timer, creating a deadly threat to players still using Pre-Hardmode gear.
- Boulders can be sent rolling towards opponents, whether through wiring or by placing Boulders manually and hitting them with a Pickaxe. They will typically roll to the left, only rolling to the right if there is no space to the left.
- Cobwebs are easily removed through attacks, but become a significant hazard if placed in an area that is protected by TShock plugins.
- Traps obtained from the Jungle Temple can be wired to fire automatically or upon activation with a Pressure Plate.
- Explosives can be wired to a Pressure Plate to create a trap that is destructive both to players and to the surrounding terrain.
- Land Mines are a more convenient variation that does not cause environmental damage.