Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Tutorial is a special world scripted to explain to the player the basics of the game. The player starts on a small floating island, between a small hole covered by three Wood Platforms. Nearby is a Furnace and some ore that the player will smelt.
The tutorial has its own music track.
|||Where the player will spawn. The player is taught basic controls here, and it can be considered an arena for the slime the player will have to kill.|
|||There is a wooden chest located under the ore the player will dig out. The chest contains 99 Wood.|
|||There is a small altar made of Gold, Grey, and Red Brick here, hosting a Wooden Chest surrounded by Tiki Torches. The chest contains one Healing Potion, Ironskin Potion, and Spelunker Potion.|
|||Here there is a shack composed of Demonite Brick with Obsidian Brick Walls for background walls. In side is a wooden chest with a full set of Iron armor.|
|||Under the spawn is a large vein of gold which you can make about 50-55 gold bars out of.|
|||There is a Pressure Plate that triggers a Dart Trap here.|
|||Here there is a wooden chest containing a Lucky Horseshoe, 20 Glowsticks, and 5 Gold Bars.|
|||Under the island is a small platform made out of Gold Brick Walls, Obsidian, and Hellstone. There is a Toilet, Bathtub, Wooden Chest, and Bed placed here, even though the bed cannot function. Inside the chest in the middle, is a Book, Bowl of Soup, and a Grappling Hook.|
|||There is a Golden Chest here containing one Bomb.|
|||At the bottom of the tutorial world, instead of the Underworld, is a barrier composed of lava and a layer of 3 obsidian. There is a way to break through this barrier, but it requires obtaining a pickaxe, which is a difficult task because of the limitations of the tutorial world|
- The game will first instruct the player to move around, jump, then fall through the nearby wooden platforms.
- After jumping out, the game will tell the player to use an item, and switch between them, more specifically, to the Copper Shortsword / Wooden Sword .
- After this, the player will be instructed to kill a Green Slime. The slime will always appear from the left.
- The player will then be told to cut down a tree to obtain some wood. The player is then told how to use this wood via the inventory.
- When the player enters their inventory, the player will be told how to switch between menus and how to craft. The player can leave the inventory after crafting three torches.
- After exiting the inventory, the game directs the player to a vein of ore, which the player is told to mine.
- The player is told to build 5 platforms to get out of the hole. Under the ore is a chest containing 99 Wood, which is to be used to build a house.
- The game then instructs the player to smelt the ore after exiting the pit. The player ends up with two of each ore, with two copper and iron left over.
- After that, the player is told to build a house of a minimum of 6 by 10 blocks. Even though in-game, a house can be smaller, in the tutorial, it will not progress until the requirement is met.
- The player will then craft a workbench, use said workbench to craft a door, build the background walls for the house, and place a chair and torch for a livable house.
- After this, the player can explore the world and do whatever they want, but it is recommended that they create their own world.
- The tutorial contains some old and deprecated text, and will tell the player that they can receive crafting from the guide and use a hammer to break furniture.
- No enemies spawn during the tutorial.
- In the demo version of Terraria, you can only play the Tutorial.
|File:Trophy Terraria Student.png||Terraria Student • "Begin the tutorial!"|
|Start playing the tutorial.|
|泰拉瑞亚专家 • "You have completed the tutorial!"|
|Complete the tutorial.|