The Axe is a Hardmode, post-Plantera hamaxe, a combination of the hammer and an axe. It produces an electric guitar sound when swung. The Axe has a 2% (1/50) chance of being dropped by Plantera on the 电脑版, and a 0.5% (1/200) chance on the 主机版 and the 移动版.
It is capable of auto-swing.
- The Axe is capable of breaking Demon and Crimson Altars.
- In PvP, it seems to be able to hit a player twice in one swing.
- While auto-swinging, the player will be unable to change direction, much like The Breaker, Excalibur, The Horseman's Blade, and the War Axe of the Night.
- It has the highest Axe power of any item in the game (175%), even surpassing those of the Luminite Hamaxes (150% each). It also has 12 more base damage, but its range is shorter by 3 tiles.
- Modifier prefixes are added in front of the "The" in its name, resulting in a grammatically incorrect name, such as "Legendary The Axe". It shares this trait with all other items that can possess Modifiers and whose names begin with "The". This error is not present in the Console version.
- The Axe closely resembles a Gibson "Flying V" guitar.
- The Axe was added as a tribute to Dimebag Darrell, guitarist and member of Pantera, which Cenx has stated is her favorite band.
- Its name and sprite refer to electric guitars being nicknamed "axes" in rock and heavy metal music culture.
- The Axe is one of the few musical weapons in the game, another being the Magical Harp.
- If The Axe is continually autoswung, the guitar sounds fit together to form the Corruption music. This has been observed in the Console Version.
- 188.8.131.52：Drop rate increased from 1/200 to 1/50.