|内部 NPC ID：368|
The 旅商 is a unique NPC vendor who randomly visits the player's town for one day. His inventory is randomized and different every visit, selling 4-10 (average 5.5) different items (4-11, average 6 in 专家模式) listed below
In order for the Traveling Merchant to spawn, at least 2 other NPCs must already be present. The 向导 counts as one of these, but the 老人 and 骷髅商人 do not. He won't spawn during 事件s (except 雨 and 史莱姆雨). He does not require his own 房屋 in order to spawn, and will instead spawn near existing NPCs, spending the day walking around near them.
Once the criteria are met, the Traveling Merchant has a 25% chance (1/4) of spawning each day, appearing at a random time between 4:30 AM and 12 PM. He stays for only one day at a time, after which he leaves at 6:00 PM. He despawns if the world is vacated before that time,
- The actual "roll" to spawn the Traveling Merchant is not performed once-per-day as a 哥布林入侵 or other 事件 is determined. Rather, the roll is performed once per in-game second for the first half of each 白天. There are 60 in-game seconds per 1 real-world second.
- For each in-game second of the first half of each day (4:30am – 12:00pm = 7.5 hours = 27,000 seconds), there is a 1 in 108,000 chance to spawn the Traveling Merchant. Thus, the Traveling Merchant has a: 1-(1-1/108000)^27000 = 0.2212001339 or 22.12% chance of arriving each day.
- This means that if you want a specific item from the Traveling Merchant but he arrived without that particular item you can simply kill him and there's a chance that another merchant may spawn if you killed him before 12:00pm. An easy way to kill him (and any other friendly NPC) is with a 巨石 if you already got the 哥布林工匠 (you need the 工匠作坊 to craft it), otherwise your best option is 熔岩 or spiky balls. (臭蛋s may work although it's not that effective.)
- The Traveling Merchant departs by simply disappearing while off-screen. If the player keeps him on-screen during the time when he would normally depart, he will remain until he is off-screen again. If he is kept on-screen until dawn, he will not depart until he is off-screen the following evening. This does NOT, however, change his inventory.
- The Traveling Merchant does not leave during an event. 验证
- If you are standing where the Traveling Merchant spawns, you will notice that he falls from the sky.
- In the mobile version, if he arrived with an item you didn't want, exiting and re-entering to the world would've produced a different inventory, allowing you to find what you want even if it is not available when he first arrived. This appears to have been patched (mid 2016), leaving the world will cause him to despawn. He may still respawn during the day, though.
- Many of the things he sells are of Asian origin, often from the Qing Dynasty.
- Many of his wares may be a reference to the East India company, and to the goods that were brought to Europe during the age of discovery in general.
- The name Willy is most likely a reference to the play, "The Death of a Salesman", by Arthur Miller, where the main character is named Willy Loman and is a traveling salesman.
- One of his quotes is a reference to a man who yells "One pound fish!" to sell fish, popularized by the song "One Pound Fish".
- The quote "Combination hookah and coffee maker! Also makes julienne fries!" Is an allusion to the popular animated disney film "Aladdin".
- The item "不是小孩，也不是乌贼" is likely a reference to Splatoon, a Wii U game with a hyperactive advertisement featuring the line "You're a kid, you're a squid" due to the transformative nature of Inklings, as a play on the depicted 月亮领主's Cthulhu-esque nature.
- The Item, "真理就在火星" is a reference to "The X-Files", this quote is a twist on "The Truth is Out There".
- "Combination hookah and coffee maker! Also makes julienne fries!"
- "A thrift shop? No, I am only selling the highest quality items on the market."
- "I don't refund for "buyer's remorse..." Or for any other reason, really."
- "If you're looking for junk, you've come to the wrong place."
- "I sell wares from places that might not even exist!"
- "Hmm, you look like you could use an Angel Statue! They slice, and dice, and make everything nice!"
- "Come and have a look! One pound fish! Very very good! One pound fish!" (Possibly a reference to the song One Pound Fish.)
- "Buy now, and get free shipping!"
- "You want two penny farthings!? Make it one and we have a deal."
When 向导 is present:
- "Meet me behind [Name of Guide]'s house in about three hours, I think I have something you will find very appealing."
When 服装商 is present:
- "I only sell what I can get. [Name of Clothier] keeps hounding me for exotic clothing."
When 商人 is present:
- "That [Name of Merchant], he really has no appreciation for a really good deal."
During a 派对
- "Many say that parties give you the richest of memories. So buy something and make this memory rich!"
The Traveling Merchant may have any of the following names: 旅商/Names
- Console 1.08: Added Capes (Winter Cape, Mysterious Cape, Red Cape,and Crimson Cloak), and 钻石戒指.
- 1.3.1: Now sells the 同伴方块, Team Blocks, Team Platforms and the 自动安放器.
- Console 1.07 Holiday Update: Introduced Traveling Merchant, and his vendor items from 1.2.3 and 188.8.131.52 (minus the Angel Halo, capes, and Diamond Ring).
- 184.108.40.206: Now sells many new items, including 悠悠球, 配饰, and 喷漆s.
- 220.127.116.11: Now sells animal skins.
- 1.2.4: Fixed issue where 蝎子s worked with 国王雕像 and Traveling Merchant did not.
- 18.104.22.168: The Traveling Merchant can no longer spawn in 熔岩. Fixed bug where Queen/国王雕像s didn't teleport 发型师 and traveling merchant respectively.
- 1.2.3: 引入。