The Shadow Orb is a Light Pet item that summons a slow-moving sphere which follows the player around and emits dim, purple light. The orb can move through solid objects and liquids unhindered, but moves very slowly, causing it to fall behind when the player is moving quickly. If it falls far enough behind, it will teleport to the player's location. It has a 20% chance of dropping from destroyed Shadow Orbs, but it can also be acquired by looting Corrupt Crates, which are obtained by fishing in the Corruption.
- The orb's position can be somewhat controlled using the ▲ 上 and ▼ 下 keys, allowing the player to reorient the orb directly above or below them respectively.
- The orb will emit purple light even if dyed.
- Proceed with care when breaking the orbs, the player should be wary of the Eater of Worlds.
- When paired with any color Acid Dye, the Orb will have stripes in the color but it will be glitchy in the way that parts of, or even the whole Orb itself, can disappear.
- Can be paired with Reflective Gold Dye to make the Shadow Orb appear similarly to the Orb of Light from older versions of the game.
- 22.214.171.124：No longer states "5 minute duration" in its tooltip.
- Renamed from Orb of Light to Shadow Orb.
- Has a new sprite which appears dark purple instead of golden. (old sprite: File:Orb of Light (item).png)
- No longer requires mana to use (previously needed 40).
- Buff no longer expires.
- 預發布版：Introduced as Orb of Light.