The Lunar Events are a series of four late-Hardmode events initiated by defeating the Lunatic Cultist boss. Once the boss is defeated, four different sections of the world each show a large planet in their backgrounds and spawn several unique enemies at high spawn rates, with one corresponding Celestial Pillar in each. These areas can be found on the minimap via icons that represent each of their Celestial Pillars.
- The defeat of a pillar is announced in a status message:
- "你的头脑变得麻木..." – first pillar defeated
- "你痛苦不堪..." – second pillar defeated
- "阴森的声音在你耳边萦绕不绝..." – third pillar defeated
- "月亮末日慢慢逼近..." – fourth pillar defeated
- In a singleplayer world, the Celestial Pillars will not disappear when the player dies or exits Terraria completely. The pillars must be destroyed in the world, otherwise they will stay in the world indefinitely.
- It is a good idea to defeat the pillar of your respective class first, as that pillar will provide the most effective weaponry for the rest.
- It can be helpful to launch the Lunar Events even if the player does not have the means to survive them fully yet, as gradually defeating pillars grants access to stronger equipment. Even if the fight against the Moon Lord is lost, the player will be much better prepared than before.
- Flying in and out of the celestial area, letting only a limited number of enemies spawn at a time, can prevent getting overwhelmed. The shield will still be shattered eventually. Once it is broken, the pillar can be attacked from safe distance, e.g. from above (with any suitable ranged weapon or melee projectile) or from the side (with a long-lasting, gravity-unaffected projectile such as the Terra Blade's Terra Beam). Flying mounts or the Static Hook can be useful for hovering mid-air.
- Setting up teleporters or acquiring the Magic Conch before starting can immensely speed up the fight. Though it is very difficult to determine exactly where the pillars will spawn, the two closest ones will be around one-fifth of the map away from the center, and the furthest about three-fifths. On subsequent fights, the pillars will spawn in the exact same locations as before, though which pillar is where may be randomized. Like during other events, the Pylon network will be disabled, so it cannot be used for quick travel.
- 尽管并未在游戏中实现，但在月亮事件期间所播放的音乐作为第二张泰拉瑞亚原声专辑中的一部分提供，标题为《月亮 Boss》。
- The naming of the Lunar Events is inconsistent; the game's source code identifies the event as the "Lunar Apocalypse", and the Journey's End changelog refers to it as the "Lunar Invasion".
- While the Lunar Events are active, other events such as the Solar Eclipse or Pirate Invasion may occur. However, while near a pillar, the pillar's enemy spawns will override those of the event.
- While the Lunar Events are active, sleeping is disabled. You can still set your spawn and lay in the bed, but time will not accelerate as usual.
- 电脑版 220.127.116.11：Planet sprites updated.
- 电脑版 18.104.22.168：引入。
- 主机版 1.0.933.1：引入。（）
- 主机版 1.0.750.0：引入。（）
- 移动版 22.214.171.124：引入。