The 月亮傳送門法杖 is a 困難模式, post-月亮領主 召喚武器 that summons a floating "portal". The player cannot interact with it; it instead fires a continuous beam at enemies within its 60-tile range. The Lunar Portal Staff is a sentry-style minion, similar to the 寒霜九頭蛇, only lasting two minutes, remaining stationary, and not counting against the player's minion capacity. The Lunar Portal Staff has a 1/9 chance (11.11%) of being dropped by the Moon Lord Boss.
Its best 修飾語 is 無情. The 神話 modifier provides the widest array of stats bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, Minions cannot deal 暴擊s. The only advantage a 神話 Lunar Portal Staff has over a 無情 one is 擊退.
- The Lunar Portal cannot target or attack enemies through blocks.
- The portal gives off light and has no restrictions where it can be placed, allowing the player to find caves easily.
- As of 1.3.4 the Lunar Portal Staff, along with the Frost Hydra Staff, 七彩水晶法杖, and the 蜘蛛女王法杖 are labeled as "Sentry Minions". By default, only one Sentry can be placed at a time, and attempting to place another will remove the previous sentry unless the player is wearing an accessory or a piece of armor that increases Sentry Minion capacity.
- The portal fires a beam that will sweep across enemies in a wide arc, so make sure to position so that it can sweep the beam across a good section of the ground to hit the maximum number of enemies. This allows it to do high DPS to monsters and bosses made up of segments like 毀滅者. Generally, this means making sure to place it fairly high over head although of course it varies based on terrain.
- The portal is very similar in appearance to the projectiles launched by the 星雲奧秘 and the swirling portals that form in the Vortex 月亮事件 zone. The laser being fired is similar to the Phantasmal Deathray fired from the Moon Lord and its True Eyes of Cthulhu.