|AI 类型||机械骷髅王头部 AI|
94158238 (while spinning) 
48 (while spinning) 
|Entering spinning phase|
- 内部 NPC ID: 127
Skeletron Prime can be manually summoned using a Mechanical Skull at night. It can also spawn naturally upon dusk with a chance of 10% once a Demon or Crimson Altar has been smashed, as long as it has not yet been defeated in the current world. If spawning naturally, its arrival is announced by the status message: "周围的空气越来越冷..." ( alternatively "You feel the air getting colder around you..."). If it is not defeated before dawn, it will behave much like a Dungeon Guardian, not using its limbs at all, and charging at the Player at extremely high speeds.
Skeletron Prime's four limbs all have unique attacks:
- Prime Cannon fires bombs that do not destroy tiles[note 1], usually up into the air rather than directly at the player. It usually stays above the player.
- Prime Saw usually remains under the player, moving up and down.
- Prime Vice will swipe around wildly, making occasional lunges at the player. It usually remains diagonal to the player.
- Skeletron Prime's Head will grow spikes and start spinning towards the player quickly, exactly like how its pre-Hardmode counterpart Skeletron does. Damage and defense are doubled to 94 / 158 / 238 damage and 48 defense. The spinning speed is increased in Expert Mode (to nearly the same speed as that of the Dungeon Guardian).
- Skeletron Prime lets out a roar every time it enters rage mode.
Skeletron Prime is generally much more mobile than its predecessor Skeletron, and will regularly move off-screen. Like Skeletron, if it is not beaten by dawn, it will behave like a faster Dungeon Guardian, travelling at a speed of 65 instead of 41 MPH, and killing the player instantly if touched: its damage increases to 1000 and its defense raises up to 9999. If defeated this way he will drop items normally.
- The bombs fired by Prime Cannon do destroy tiles in "for the worthy" worlds.
- 当自然生成时，机械骷髅王会精确地在状态讯息出现 81 秒后生成。
- The bombs fired by the Prime Cannon will only detonate if they hit solid blocks. They will pass through platforms without detonating. This no longer applies as of 22.214.171.124, where the bombs will now explode upon contact with platforms as well.
- Standing on platforms far from blocks can mostly nullify the effects of the Prime Cannon, as its projectiles only detonate on blocks, while passing through platforms harmlessly.
- Although Prime's head is immune to both stardust minions, his arms aren't. Keep this in mind as you fight him, since you can have the minions destroy the arms so you only have to fight the head.
- In fact, as the head is Immune to Cursed Inferno, but not Ichor, Crimson world players have an advantage over Corruption world players in this sense. It would be good to go for the Prime Laser first Prime Cannon second and the Prime Saw third if you have enough time you can go for the Prime Vice last Although as it is not that strong you can ignore it.
- It is the only mechanical boss whose name contains the Pre-Hardmode boss's name. Furthermore, it is the only mechanical boss to share boss music with its Pre-Hardmode variant. Additionally, its name does not begin with the word "The", unlike the other two Mechanical Bosses.
- Normally, Skeletron Prime’s head has 2,000 less HP than Plantera, but in 专家模式 and 大师模式, they both have the same amount.
- The bombs fired by the cannon resemble the 土炸弹, with different coloring on one half.
- – 根据官方游戏传说，Skeletron Prime was one of the three mechanical recreations of Cthulhu's missing organs. It is a recreation of Cthulhu's skeleton.
- 机械骷髅王的 怪物图鉴条目：“Mechanically reconstructed for reviving Cthulhu, this Skeletron has more arms than ever before, and a variety of fierce weapons.”
- 电脑版 126.96.36.199：
- Skeletron Prime will now spin faster in Expert Mode.
- Prime Cannon's Bombs now explode on platforms rather than going through them.
- 电脑版 1.3.5：外观更新。旧的外观是。
- 电脑版 1.2：
- 电脑版 1.1：引入。
- 主机版 1.0.933.1：添加了专家模式掉落物机械电池片。（）
- 主机版 1.0.750.0：添加了专家模式掉落物机械电池片。（）
- 移动版 1.1.5536：引入。