The Death Sickle is a Hardmode auto-swinging melee weapon that fires a large, short-range, spinning sickle projectile at no mana or ammo cost, which travels through blocks. The projectile travels approximately 12 tiles, emits a small amount of light, and can pierce 4 enemies. It is dropped by Reapers during the Solar Eclipse event with a
2.5*1/40 (2.5%) / 3.7*1/27 (3.7%) / 0.4*1/250 (0.4%) chance.
- On 电脑版、 主机版、和 移动版, Reapers only appear after defeating all three mechanical bosses, while on 前代主机版和 , they appear after only one mechanical boss has been defeated. 版
- The Death Sickle's projectile can apply melee debuffs, like flasks or Frost armor's Frostburn.
- Melee speed bonuses extend its projectile's range.
- The Death Sickle has no projectile cooldown, firing one every swing. However, with a high enough melee speed, it may only fire once every other swing.
- The Death Sickle can be considered a direct upgrade to the Ice Sickle, a weapon obtainable earlier in Hardmode with inferior range, lack of autoswing, and projectiles that do not travel through blocks.
- It has somewhat low damage compared to other mid-Hardmode or late-Hardmode weapons, but its projectiles are large and linger in the air for multiple hits that can result in more total damage than other Hardmode weapons.
- The fact it can hit large numbers of enemies makes the Death Sickle excellent against crowds of enemies and segmented bosses like The Destroyer.
- On the 前代主机版和 , it is a lot harder to obtain this weapon, due to 版Reapers being uncommon enemies and having significantly lower drop rates.
- The Death Sickle can be used for locating caves due to its projectiles traveling through blocks and emitting dim light.
- It is useful in the Hardmode Dungeon due to its decent knockback and projectiles moving through blocks. It is notably effective against Diabolists, Necromancers, Bone Lees, and even Paladins.
- As with all more uncommon enemies, using a Water Candle or Battle Potion increases the chance for Reapers to spawn, resulting in less time (on average) needed to obtain the Death Sickle.
- The weapon's design originates from classic depictions of the Grim Reaper, generally shown wielding a scythe.
- Despite its name, the Death Sickle more closely resembles a real-life scythe than a sickle.
- 电脑版 22.214.171.124：Sprite updated. Old sprite was:
- 电脑版 126.96.36.199：
- 电脑版 1.2：引入。
- 主机版 1.0.933.1：与 PS4 的 1.0.750.0 更新相一致的更改。（）
- 主机版 1.0.750.0：（）
- 挥动音效更改为与电脑版 188.8.131.52 一致。
- 主机版 1.02：引入。
- Switch版 1.0.711.6：随电脑版 184.108.40.206 的更改引入。
- 移动版 220.127.116.11：
- 挥动音效更改为与电脑版 18.104.22.168 一致。
- 移动版 1.2.6508：引入。