The Water Gun is a novelty item that inflicts the Wet debuff on players, enemies, and NPCs for 30 seconds. The Water Gun can be used limitlessly and does not consume any ammunition or mana. It is purchased from the Traveling Merchant for
- The Water Gun does not actually create water; the stream it jets out disappears upon impact.
- The Water Gun cannot be placed on a Weapon Rack but instead on an Item Frame.
- Unlike the Slime Gun, the Water Gun cannot autofire. It however does have a longer range.
- The Water Gun cannot extinguish enemies.
- The Water Gun can be helpful against worms, as the Water Gun's debuff effect can be seen in blocks.
- It may be useful in multiplayer to periodically shoot water at a fellow player riding a Cute Fishron mount. The Wet debuff given by the Water Gun triggers the Cute Fishron's buffs.
- The Water Gun resembles the real-life toy water gun Super Soaker 50.
- The water stream fired by the gun can pass through lava.
- 电脑版 1.3.2：外观更新。
- 电脑版 1.2.3：引入。
- 主机版 1.06：引入。
- 移动版 1.2.11212：引入。