A Sandstorm is an event which occurs randomly in the Desert when wind speed is above 30 mph . During this event, a few enemies often found in the Underground Desert appear on the surface, as well as Angry Tumblers and, in Hardmode, Sand Elementals and Sand Sharks. If the player is standing in the Desert while this event is active, the Mighty Wind debuff will be inflicted on the player if they are not in front of a 背景墙.
A Sandstorm has a 1/84600 chance of occurring per game tick once the conditions are fulfilled in 电脑版(1/84600 = per tick. 1 tick = 1/60th of a second = 60 ticks per second = 3600 ticks per minute. 84600/3600 = 23.5 minutes. So in theory once the 30 mph conditions are met you have a good chance of a sandstorm occurring within 1 in game day - providing that the conditions stay constant during that time.) This means that the wind speed in game must be at 30 mph for a 23.5 minute period on average in order for a Sandstorm to spawn.
A sandstorm has a 1/518400 chance of occurring in 主机版.
Note that prior to defeating the Eye of Cthulhu, they are less common and have a less dangerous spawn set.
For the best chance for a Sandstorm to occur it needs to be Raining (18.2% chance per day - 24 minute duration), Night time (7.30 pm - 4.30 am in game - 9 minute duration) and for it to be a Windy Day (starts at 20 mph of wind).
- 沙尘暴的长度（以嘀嗒为单位）由以下公式决定，其中 为 0.0 到 1.0（不包含）之间的随机小数：
- 这意味着沙尘暴的持续时间是从 28800 到 86400 嘀嗒，即现实中的 8 到 24 分钟。
- One way to dodge attacks from enemies like the Angry Tumbler is to have movement accessories like the Dunerider Boots or Lightning Boots.
- Placing walls where the player will walk will stop the Mighty Wind debuff, making movement normal.
- Placing blocks over the entrances to the Underground Desert will help the player avoid falling and getting stuck, because the Mighty Wind pushes the player back.
- The Mighty Wind Debuff pushes the player less, so players will not have to be worried about getting stuck in small holes.
- The Sandstorm is similar to the Blizzard event in that it reduces visibility and spawns new enemies, though unlike the Blizzard (and some real life sandstorms), it is not tied to rain in any way. It is also similar in that it happens simultaneously with another event - in this case, the Windy Day.
- The Weather Radio indicates the direction the sand is blowing, and thus the direction the Mighty Wind debuff will push the player.
- When the Weather Radio indicates that the wind is moving at 0 miles per hour, the sandstorm pushes the player west.
- As of the 1.4 update, the player will squint while they are in the Sandstorm.
- 电脑版 22.214.171.124：
- Sandstorms only occur when wind speed is above 30 mph.
- Sandstorms are now significantly less common in pre-Hardmode.
- 电脑版 126.96.36.199：Improved performance during Sandstorms on some machines
- 电脑版 188.8.131.52：Now are less dangerous and spawn less prior to defeating the Eye of Cthulhu.
- 电脑版 1.3.3：Introduced.
- 主机版 1.17：引入。