Asphalt Blocks are unique 物块s that dramatically increase the speed of players running along them. Their acceleration stacks with other speed-boosting items such as the 赫尔墨斯靴 and its derivative 配饰. It only affects players running directly on it; mobs' speeds will be unaffected. Immediately after a player jumps or falls off of Asphalt Blocks their speed will return to normal.
With no other boosts, running on asphalt has a max speed of 53 mph, with about 3 seconds of acceleration. Normal running speed is 15 mph.
- While using 闪电靴 and the buff from 恐慌项链 along with Asphalt, the player can reach extreme speeds (a maximum of 85 mph), even outrunning projectiles such as the 彩虹魔杖 and the ranged component of the 泰拉刃, and many bosses, even including a charging 魔焰眼. One could build a skybridge with a five second timer arrow trap at the start, in order to continuously reapply the buff as they run.
- You don't need to have a full path for the speed effect to set in, you can place asphalt every second block. Every other block must be air, otherwise the speed effect is negated.
- Running through a 传送机 will not slow you down. This can be used for quickly accessing a skybridge without using wings or including platforms.
- 蜂蜜块s have the opposite effect of Asphalt Blocks: they decrease movement speed.
- 忍者大师装备 also gains a massive benefit as well as the 分趾厚底袜. While running across asphalt and the player dashes, as long as the same direction key is held down, the dash can be extended by up to four times the amount in one go, allowing one to outrun even the fastest of monsters, such as the 飞龙 or 机械骷髅王 during the day, or even the 冰雪女王 boss during a 霜月.
- When flying under asphalt blocks spaced one apart you can pass through them like a 平台 but they cannot be passed through from the top.
- Although Asphalt Blocks greatly increase the player's speed, they do not increase acceleration like using 霜花靴 on ice.
- Asphalt Blocks do not increase movement speed while riding on a mount such as the 独角兽坐骑.
- Using a 敏捷药水 will increase your top running speed on asphalt.
- This is a useful block type for building Skybridges, especially for the late-night collection of 坠落之星s, and is also good for 竞技场s, particularly where quick movement may be necessary (e.g. 骷髅王 or 机械骷髅王 during their 'spin' attack, or 猪龙鱼公爵).
- This block only needs to be placed every other space to achieve full speed. This means you can cover a particular distance at half the cost with the same effect.
- Using a sky bridge helps you defeat the 月亮领主 easily. Make sure you have enough Health potions and mana potions if you are using magic weapons. The fight will only be long but it's a safe way to defeat him or farm his items. Don't worry, the 月亮领主 won't despawn and you don't have to slow down.