油漆 is used to modify the color of objects. Nearly anything can be painted, including 物块s, background 墙s, and 家具, along with non-collectable environment objects like 树s, tall grass, flowers, and other ambient growth. Basic paint is purchased from the 油漆工. Two of the same color can be combined at a 染缸 to create "Deep" color versions, which are required in order to paint certain objects.
Paint is applied to blocks and furniture with the 漆刷, and to walls with the 涂漆滚刷, with each tile consuming one bucket of paint. The 喷漆器 will automatically paint items when placing them. Paint can be removed with the 漆铲, although this will not place paint back into the player's inventory. If a painted block is destroyed, you will receive the block but the paint is destroyed.
If more than one color is present in the player's inventory, the color in the earliest inventory slot is used first (starting from the top-left slot).
The Deep variety of Paint is crafted at the Dye Vat from two of the same color paint. Deep paints are more vivid versions of colors, and are also required in order to paint certain objects. These include 雕像, 树s, and certain background 墙s (eg. 云墙s), except in the case of White and Gray, which can be used on those objects without crafting the Deep variety first.
The basic paint is purchased from the 油漆工 for 25 per bucket (except Shadow Paint (50 ) and Negative Paint (75 ) which are only available in 困难模式). Deep paints allow painting blocks that ordinary Paints would not normally affect, eg. 灰砖 or Glass Blocks. They are crafted at the 染缸 with 2 basic paints.
Costs 50 , only sold during 困难模式.
Darkens blocks further than Black Paint.
Costs 75 , only sold during hardmode.
Turns blocks the opposite of their natural color.
The following tools can be used to apply or remove paint:
|From the Painter||Spectre (+3 range)|
|From the 旅商|
- Painted blocks and walls will show up in the 小地图, letting you mark the map (assuming you use enough paint of a distinctive enough color).
- Painting doors cost less paint if painting the doors while they are closed, (3 paint for closed door, 6 for open).
- It's also possible to apply paint to 3 random spots of an open door, close it, and re-open it.This will paint the entire door.
- Painting a source of light will not change the color of the light.
- Regular and deep paints appear to apply their color differently- regular paints appear to "re-tint" objects, changing existing colors to the new color, while deep paints seem to apply their color on top of the object. The inability to paint "monochrome"-colored objects like Gray Bricks with normal Paints seems to be a result of this behavior.
- 1.2.4：Painted walls show up properly on the map.
- 188.8.131.52.1：Fixed a problem with painted tiles not being painted in multiplayer.
- 184.108.40.206：Fixed a bug that would cause tiles to be painted on multiplayer when they shouldn’t be.