The Pirate is a Hardmode NPC that appears after at least one Pirate Invasion has been defeated and a vacant house is available. He also has nearly the exact same texture as the Pirate Captain, an enemy from the Pirate Invasion.
|鹦鹉饼干||When spoken to in an Ocean biome.|
|兔兔炮||When Party Girl is present, world is in Hardmode and one mechanical boss is defeated.|
|爆炸兔||When Party Girl is present, world is in Hardmode and one mechanical boss is defeated.|
更多信息，参见 NPC 快乐度。
- Black Beard
- Captain Bullywort
- Captain Morgan
- Captain Stoney Dirt
- Gunpowder Garry
- James T. Beard
- Red Beard
- Wet Beard
If the player is female / Any gender :
During a 雷雨:
When in the Underground:
When near the Angler:
When near the Stylist:
When near the Guide:
- Like the Steampunker and Santa Claus, the pirate's spawn requirements do not necessarily require the world to be in Hardmode. However, at least one Hardmode world is required to obtain the event-summoning item.
- In the housing menu, he has a description saying "I think he lost his boat".
- The Pirate looks like the Pirate Captain in the Pirate Invasion, (minus the gold gloves on the enemy's sprite).
- Many of the Pirate's possible names allude to historical captains (though the "pirate" status of many of these figures is contested to this day):
- Black Beard to the English pirate Edward "Blackbeard" Teach,
- Red Beard to the Ottoman seaman Oruç Reis who was known as Baba Oruç, which was transformed into Barbarossa (Redbeard in Italian) in Europe,
- David to the idiom Davy Jones' Locker,
- Captain Morgan to the Welsh privateer Sir Henry Morgan, and
- James T. Beard to the fictional starship captain James T. Kirk from the American media franchise Star Trek. (Notably not a pirate character)
- The name Jake could be a reference to the American musical and interactive children's animated television series Jake and the Never Land Pirates.
- 罕见地，海盗和向导可能同名（Jake 或 Jack）。
- During a 派对, other than donning a party hat, his sleeves also appear different.
- Apparently the Pirate has a soft spot for the Angler and wants to teach him to be a pirate.
- The Pirate sometimes defecates, similar to the pirate minion.
- 海盗的 怪物图鉴条目：“Ahoy! The only good Pirate Captain is... one that sells cannons and weapons to take out all competing Pirate Captains!”
- 电脑版 18.104.22.168：外观更新。
- 电脑版 1.2：引入。
- 主机版 1.02：引入。
- 移动版 1.2.6508：引入。