The Pirate Invasion is a Hardmode event where pirate-themed enemies spawn and swarm the world's original spawn point. A Pirate Invasion can occur randomly after certain conditions are met, or alternatively when the player uses a Pirate Map.
For a single-player invasion, the player must kill 120 pirates before the event is completed. This number increases with each additional player.
If the following conditions are fulfilled, a Pirate Invasion can also occur randomly:
- The Wall of Flesh has been defeated.
- At least one Altar has been destroyed.
- The player has at least 200 max health (if the player does not meet this requirement, the Pirate Map will also not work).
The chances of a random Pirate Invasion are as follows:
- 首先，哥布林军队事件必须未能发生（59/60 几率）。
- 如果尚未打败过海盗入侵，则首次海盗入侵的发生几率是 1/30。
- 在打败过海盗入侵后，几率降低至 1/50。
- 首次入侵的最终概率为每个清晨都有 3.27% 几率，后继入侵的最终概率则为 1.96%。
When a Pirate Invasion occurs, it will be announced by a status message; either "海盗正从西边逼近！" or "海盗正从东边逼近！" The message will repeat several times until the pirates reach the initial spawn of the world or any area of the world above the surface which has a nearby NPC. When the pirates' initial wave reaches the spawn, their arrival is announced with "海盗来了！"
If the first status message says "west", then the initial pirates will come from the left. Otherwise, if the message says "east", they will arrive from the right. Note that these directions are not related to the apparent motion of the sun and the moon, which, in Terraria, appear to move from left ("west") to right ("east").
- Although Pirate Maps can only be obtained in Hardmode, they can be used to summon Pirate Invasions even in pre-Hardmode worlds.
- While a Pirate Invasion is happening, bosses may still spawn, naturally or by item summon. This puts the invasion on hold – the percentage completion bar will disappear and no more pirates will spawn for the duration of the boss fight. If the boss, or all players in the world are killed, the invasion will resume as it was before the boss fight.
- If a Pirate Invasion is started while a Flying Dutchman is still alive from another invasion, any pirates spawned from it and killed after using the Pirate Map will count towards the invasion progress, even before the second invasion officially starts.
- The Pirate Invasion is similar to the Goblin Army, but while the pirates are generally tougher, they do not have a caster like the Goblin Sorcerer, much less anything to match the Goblin Summoner. Most of the same tactics and preparations will prove even more effective, given these weaknesses.
- Since pirate enemies have no piercing attacks, the player can wall themselves off with blocks and safely attack from there, e.g. with weapons like the 代达罗斯风暴弓 (ideally with Holy Arrows for damage maximization) or, after digging a small hole in the wall, a 悠悠球, Magic Dagger, Flying Knife or other projectile weapons.
- If fought while using a Flask of Gold, one can average between 45-55 per event, thus making this one of the easiest ways to make money.
- Pirate Invasions can be used to farm Biome Keys if the fight is arranged to take place in the corresponding biome. One way to do so is to set up an artificial biome near the spawn point. The other is to simply go near the spawn point to trigger the invasion, then fly to an existing biome that has been prepared to handle an invasion.
- Pirates themselves can drop Pirate Maps if fought within the Ocean biome, which can make farming easier. This also applies to all other invasion enemies, such as the Goblin Army and Frost Legion.
- Since the 荷兰飞盗船 spawns pirates, it is possible to stop or even trap the Dutchman and only kill the enemies spawned from it.
- The Pirate Invasion enemies are some of the only unquestionably human enemies in Terraria.
- When Pirate Deckhands and Pirate Corsairs are forced through a 2-block-high space, they will stand with their arms down for a few seconds and then start moving away from the player.
- 电脑版 220.127.116.11：Reduced chance of subsequent invasions occurring.
- 电脑版 18.104.22.168：添加了荷兰飞盗船和相应的纪念章。
- 电脑版 1.2.1：修正了一个可能阻止海盗生成的 Bug。
- 电脑版 22.214.171.124：添加了金家具套装的稀有掉落，以及海盗、海盗船长、和鹦鹉旗。
- 电脑版 1.2：引入。
- 主机版 1.02：引入。
- 移动版 1.2.6508：引入。