海龟盔甲 is a 困难模式 盔甲 set made up of the 海龟头盔, 海龟铠甲, and 海龟护腿. A full set grants a vastly amplified 荆棘 effect, which reflects full damage from melee attacks onto the attacking 敌怪. The full set of armor also provides 14% increased melee damage and 12% increased melee critical strike chance.
With no 时装 items over it, a turtle shell appears on the player's back (much like the 吹叶机, 火焰喷射器, 精灵熔炉, and 高温射线枪 backpacks).
Crafting this set requires a total of 54 叶绿锭s (324 叶绿矿) and 3 海龟壳s.
- The set's Thorns buff will stack with the 荆棘药水.
- As of version 1.2.3, it is no longer possible to exploit this armor's Thorns effect to quickly defeat the 地牢守卫, as the Guardian's attack has been reduced to 1000 while his health remains at 9999.
- If one intends to craft both chest pieces of the 甲虫盔甲, a total of 78 Chlorophyte Bars (468 Chlorophyte Ore) and 4 Turtle Shells are required to craft the whole Beetle armor set.
- The passive Thorns effect can be very convenient as many enemies — especially weak ones — will deal more damage to themselves than to you, effectively killing themselves. This, when combined with a Shield for 击退 immunity, sometimes allows the player to completely ignore enemies.
- Combine with other tanking items like the 圣骑士护盾 for reducing damage to your friends, 冰冻海龟壳 for extra defense in low health, and 十字章护盾 which grants you immunity to most Debuffs.
- You can combine the chest piece with the 叶绿面具 and 神圣护胫 for increased damage perks, but at the cost of losing the Thorns effect and some defense. The 神圣面具 is also a straight upgrade from the Turtle Helmet, and is more easily available than the Chlorophyte Mask. Equipping it on a set of Turtle Armor trades away the Thorns effect to gain an extra 4% damage, 10% critical strike chance, 10% speed, and 3 defense.