The 深度计 is an informational item that displays the player's depth. It is required to craft the 全球定位系统, which can then be used to craft the 个人数字助手 and the 手机. The Depth Meter is dropped by 洞穴蝙蝠s, 巨型蝙蝠s, and 丛林蝙蝠s. It has a 1 in 100 chance (1%) to drop in the 电脑版, and a 1 in 200 chance (0.5%) in the 主机版 and 移动版. In the Console version, the Depth Meter may also be crafted.
- In the 电脑版, depth is measured in feet, with one tile equaling two feet.
- In the 主机版, depth is measured in meters, with two tiles equaling one meter.
Depth is measured relative to the boundary between the 地表 and 地下 layers, which has a depth of 0 and is displayed as "level"; the grassy surface of the 森林 is generally around 64 blocks upward from this line.
- Depth is measured at the level of the player's feet.
- The Depth Meter doesn't need to be equipped to function, it simply needs to sit in the player's inventory.
- The Depth Meter will not work if equipped in a vanity slot.
- The Depth Meter is useful for finding 生物群落s that are generated at specific elevation ranges, such as 漂浮岛, the 地下丛林, and the 地狱.
- The Depth Meter can be used to avoid spawning 地牢守卫s by staying above 0 depth.
- Sprite updated.
- Sell value increased from 20 to 25 .
- 1.2：Changed from being craftable to being dropped by 洞穴蝙蝠s.