We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
|内部 NPC ID：369, 376|
- At 50 completed quests, chances reach 2x their stated base rate below, eg. items with a 1/40 base chance now have a 1/20 chance.
- At 100 completed quests, chances reach 4x their stated base rate below, eg. items with a 1/40 base chance now have a 1/10 chance.
- At 150 completed quests, chances reach 8x their stated base rate below, eg. items with a 1/40 base chance now have a 1/5 chance.
- After the 150th completed quest, the chances permanently reset to their base rates below, as if the player were always on their first quest each time thereafter (this is possibly unintended).
|绒毛胡萝卜||Fuzzy Carrot||On completing 5th quest|
|渔夫帽||Angler Hat||On completing 10th quest|
|渔夫背心||Angler Vest||On completing 15th quest|
|渔夫裤||Angler Pants||On completing 20th quest|
|金钓竿||Golden Fishing Rod||On completing 30th quest or with 1/250 chance on every quest after 75th quest.|
|熔线钓钩||Hotline Fishing Hook||1/100 chance for every quest after 25th quest in Hardmode only|
|鳍翼||Fin Wings||1/70 chance for every quest after 10th quest in Hardmode only|
|无底水桶||Bottomless Water Bucket||1/70 chance for every quest after 10th quest in Hardmode only|
|超级吸水棉||Super Absorbant Sponge||1/70 chance for every quest after 10th quest in Hardmode only|
|金虫网||Golden Bug Net||1/70 chance|
|鱼钩||Fish Hook||1/60 chance|
|优质钓鱼线||High Test Fishing Line||1/40 chance|
|渔夫耳环||Angler Earring||1/40 chance|
|钓具箱||Tackle Box||1/40 chance|
|美人鱼装||Mermaid costume||1/40 chance. All 3 pieces awarded at once|
|鱼装||Fish costume||1/40 chance. All 3 pieces awarded at once|
|渔民袖珍宝典||Fisherman's Pocket Guide||1/40 chance|
|天气收音机||Weather Radio||1/40 chance|
|珊瑚石块||Coralstone Block||1/30 chance. 50-150 blocks at once|
|声纳药水||Sonar Potion||1/15 chance. 2-5 potions at once|
|钓鱼药水||Fishing Potion||1/15 chance. 2-5 potions at once|
|宝匣药水||Crate Potion||1/15 chance. 2-5 potions at once|
|兔兔鱼纪念章||Bunnyfish Trophy||1/30 chance|
|金鱼纪念章||Goldfish Trophy||1/30 chance|
|鲨牙纪念章||Sharkteeth Trophy||1/30 chance|
|剑鱼纪念章||Swordfish Trophy||1/30 chance|
|宝藏地图||Treasure Map||1/30 chance|
|海草花盆||Seaweed Planter||1/30 chance|
|海贼像素画||Pillagin Me Pixels||1/30 chance|
|罗盘针||Compass Rose||1/30 chance|
|舵轮||Ship's Wheel||1/30 chance|
|救生圈||Life Preserver||1/30 chance|
|墙锚||Wall Anchor||1/30 chance|
|船舶瓶||Ship in a Bottle||1/30 chance|
|银币||Silver Coin||12-99 coins, the number increases with number of quests, double on Expert Mode|
|金币||Gold Coin||1-10 coins, the number increases with number of quests, double on Expert Mode|
|学徒诱饵||Apprentice Bait||1/3 chance|
|熟手诱饵||Journeyman Bait||1/10 chance|
|大师诱饵||Master Bait||1/30 chance|
The Angler may have any of the following names: 渔夫/Names
- "I'm bummed out! There's probably been fish that have gone extinct before I was even born, and that's not fair!"
- "Whaaaat?! Can't you see I'm winding up fishing line??"
- "There's no chefs in all of [Name of World], so I have to cook all this fish myself!"
- "I don't have a mommy or a daddy, but I have a lot of fish! It's close enough!"
- "Let a kid give you some advice, never touch your tongue to an ice block! Wait, forget what I said, I totally want to see you do it!"
- "Ever heard of a barking fish?! I haven't, I'm just wondering if you did!"
- "Hey! Watch it! I'm setting up traps for my biggest prank ever! No one will see it coming! Don't you dare tell anyone!"
- "[Name of World] is filled to the brim with the most outlandish kinds of fish!"
- "Heh heh, you shoulda seen the look on [树妖的名字]'s face when I stuck that piranha tooth in the chair!" (当树妖存活时)
- "Psst! I might have a job for you. Don't think you can say no, either!"
- "I want a fish and you're going to find me one! Ask me about it!"
- "[Name of Angler] wants YOU as the official [世界的名字] errand monkey!" (Is a reference to the famous World War 1 U.S. propaganda poster featuring Uncle Sam)
- "Hey! Just the sacrifi- I mean competent fishing master that I've been looking for!"
- "Oh! Thanks for the fish I asked for, now scram!"
- "You make a great errand monkey! Now go away!"
- "Muahahahahaha! You did it! You're still in one piece though, how boring!"
- "Woah?! You actually did what I asked, and survived! Nice, hand it over and beat it!"
- "Awesome catch! It's all going according to plan! He he he!"
- "I have enough fish! I don't need your help right now!"
- "You have entertained me enough for today, go."
- "I don't have anything for you to do right now."
- "Only one fish a day, please go away!"
- "I haven't even used the last fish you gave me. I don't need another."
- "You are done, the grand [渔夫的名字] dismisses you!"
- "I have a request for you! No, I don't care that there's a zombie apocalypse right now!"
- "Hurry up and listen! I need you to catch something for me right now!
- "Blood moon is the worst time to fish! The fish bite, yes, but so do the zombies!"
- "There's a bajillion monsters running around out there right now!"
- "I hate blood moons! I stay up all night because of all the scary noises!"
- "Thanks, I guess, for saving me or whatever. You'd be a great helper minion!"
- "Wha? Who might you be? I totally wasn't just drowning or anything!"
- "You saved me! You're awful nice, I could use you... er, I mean, totally hire you to do some awesome stuff for me!"
- Once the Angler is acquired, a new Quest is always in effect each day. If you don't complete a Quest before the day is over (4:30am the following day), a new Quest begins, whether or not you speak to the Angler again.
- It is possible to complete Quests without actually speaking to the Angler to find out what the quest is. Most Quests require fishing in a specific environment, though, so your chances of success are better if you speak to him to find out where to fish.
- The Angler will never give quests that require the player to catch fish from the Crimson in a Corruption world, or from the Corruption in a Crimson world.
- The Quest completed count is character specific, meaning you are able to accrue the number of quests required for an item given as a reward, from completing them on multiple worlds.
- It also works the same if you have different characters with different names. So with multiple worlds and multiple characters, you can get "Supreme Helper Minion!" achievement, which requires you to do 200 Angler's quests.
- The Sleeping Angler spawns randomly, like other bound NPCs. It is not guaranteed that he will initially spawn on either shore.
- The Sleeping Angler may also spawn floating in the water, so wade out a bit before giving up the search. He may appear anywhere in the water, as long as it's the surface.
- The Angler WILL suffer drowning if he's submerged too long. To avoid killing him, teleport away quickly or wake him closer to shore.
- It is possible to get more than one quest fish in a day if the player drops the previoiusly caught quest fish on the ground. You can catch as many as you want this way for future quests, but you can only have three in your inventory at a time using the trashcan as a inventory slot and holding the other fish with the cursor. A fish stored in the Safe or Piggy Bank, however, will not prevent you from catching more, and as such, one can stockpile huge numbers of quest fish this way.
- The Angler's sprite is unique, as he is a child, and therefore younger than all the others. He is a block shorter than any of the others and is the only child NPC in the game.
- The quest for the Clownfish is a reference to the Disney movie, Finding Nemo.
- The quest dialog for the Batfish is a reference to Batman.
- The quest dialog for the Pengfish is a reference to Superman.
- While most NPCs die via the usual death animation, the Angler simply vanishes in a puff of smoke. He also has a unique death message, instead of "<Angler name> was slain..." it says "<Angler name> has left!" This is most likely due to rating concerns, as depictions of children being killed tend to result in an Adults Only rating from the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB), which would have drastically limited the game's distribution.
- The sleeping Angler is able to float on Water and Honey.
- Despite his Quest dialog claim that he will be "Sooo Rich!", the Jewelfish is still worth nothing when sold.
- 220.127.116.11: Angler's quests now always give gold. Added Fisherman's Pocket Guide, Weather Radio, Sextant and Golden Bug Net. Quests now tell where to find the quest fish.
- 18.104.22.168: Angler’s quests now show when using other languages. The text is still in English...translations should be happening soon. Fixed bug where Sleeping Angler Kid would move slowly on tiles if attacked by monsters.
- 1.2.4: 引入。