The 火月怪 is a 困难模式, post-石巨人 敌怪 that is spawned by the 日耀柱 during the 月亮事件. It is a ground based enemy that has 2 flaming swords which curls up and flies at high speeds towards the player. When it does this, certain projectiles you have fired at it will be reflected. This is very dangerous as some weapons like the 狙击步枪 and 彩虹猫之刃 can potentially deal over 300 damage to the player.
Among the things they reflect:
- All 子弹
- All 箭
- All 飞镖
- Some sword beams, such as those from 彩虹猫之刃 and 圣诞树剑, but not all forms. (listed below)
- 腐化者之戟 projectiles (main)
- 星云烈焰 projectiles
- 寒霜九头蛇, 弩车, and Flameburst projectiles
- 月耀 projectiles
- 无头骑士剑 projectiles
- Most special ranged weapon attacks, such as the phoenix from the 幽灵凤凰 or the special rocket from the 星旋机枪
- 圣骑士锤 projectiles
- 星云奥秘 projectiles
Among the things they do NOT reflect:
- All rockets (except 毒刺发射器, 杰克南瓜灯发射器 and 电圈发射器)
- 泰拉刃's projectiles
- 波涌之刃's projectiles
- 猪鲨链球's projectiles
- 泰拉悠悠球's projectiles
- 狂星之怒's projectiles
- 终极棱镜's beam
- 月亮传送门法杖's beam
- When it spins, it reflects projectiles.
- It appears the Selenian's defense is greatly decreased when it spins.
- Reflected Chlorophyte Bullets will target the player. Due to this, they are inadvisable to be used versus the 日耀柱.
- Melee users shouldn't have too much trouble with this enemy provides they use a weapon that doesn't fire a projectile. Ranged users should use weapons that fire rockets, such as the 火箭发射器 or 手榴弹发射器. 仆从s that use melee attacks are good choices for mages and summoners.
- 吸血鬼刀 can be reflected, but if they hit the player they lose their "lifesteal" effect and the selenian will not regain health.
- The word 火月怪 means "lunar" and refers to Selene, the Roman goddess of the moon and sister of the sun-god Helios.