The inventory is a player's stock of carried items and equipment, available for use at all times. Unlike the contents of a Chest, the inventory is bound to the player rather than the world, and its contents will follow a player between multiple worlds and even between multiplayer servers. The inventory is accessed by pressing the 物品栏 key, the binding for which varies depending on the player's platform of choice.
Items are added to the inventory as the player picks up items found in the world or takes them from a storage item, and can be sorted by using the ⚒ 使用/攻击 key to pick up and place items, allowing them to be sorted between slots. An item held in the cursor in this way is treated as if the player is holding it; weapons can be used to attack, consumable items can be used, and placeable items can be placed in the world while held in the cursor. However, an item held in the cursor is treated as if it has been removed from the inventory – the space it occupied can be filled by other items, and it will be dropped if the inventory is closed. Dropping an item in this way, or dragging an item and placing it outside of the inventory, will cause that item to be dropped to the ground, which can also be achieved by pressing 扔; items dropped in this way can be picked up again after a short delay, and will remain in the world until they despawn.
Inventories are made up of multiple slots, each of which can contain one type of item. While some items – such as most weapons – require a slot to themselves, many types of item can have multiples of themselves "stacked" into a single slot. The amount of items that can be stacked into a single slot depends on the individual item (see Items#Max Stack); for example, most construction blocks and walls can be stacked up to the maximum of 999 items, but potion types vary, with most health potions stacking to 30 and mana potions to 50 or 75 per slot. When a stack is filled, further items of the same type will take up a new slot in the inventory. The ⚷ 打开/激活 key can be used to pick up a single item from a stack of many; in this way, stacks can be divided.
- 1 Inventory sections
- 1.1 Main inventory (40 slots)
- 1.2 热键栏（10 栏位）
- 1.3 Crafting menu
- 1.4 钱币（4 栏位）
- 1.5 弹药（4 栏位）
- 1.6 垃圾箱（1 栏位）
- 1.7 Armor (3 slots)
- 1.8 Vanity armor (3 slots)
- 1.9 Armor dye (3 slots)
- 1.10 Accessories (5 / 6 slots)
- 1.11 Vanity accessories / Social accessories (5 / 6 slots)
- 1.12 Accessory dye (5 slots)
- 1.13 装备（5 栏位）
- 1.14 Equipment dye (5 slots)
- 2 Inventory sub-menus
- 3 备注
- 4 历史
The primary storage section of the inventory is made up of four rows of ten slots that can hold any item. Items picked up will be placed in this area for safekeeping, starting from the bottom right. Holding items here will usually have no effect. Items kept here or on the Hotbar can be favorited by using the ⚒ 使用/攻击 key while holding Alt; favorited items cannot be dropped, "quick trashed" (automatically placing items in the trash utilizing ⇧ Shift or Ctrl), or deposited into a storage item using quick stack. Sorting the inventory will also have no effect on them, and they will stay in the same square they were placed in. However, favorited items can still be manually placed in the trash, and the items will automatically be unfavorited when that happens.
- 译注：游戏官方中文版中将此位置的名称“Trash”（名词）译为“丢弃”，此为错译，本 wiki 中对此将统一使用“垃圾箱”。但“Trash slot”依然使用“丢弃栏”，“Trash”（动词）也依然使用“丢弃”。
Slots for the player's head, torso and legs. Armor of the appropriate type can be equipped to each slot, which will confer its effects—usually an increase in Defense—to the player. Worn armor will appear on the player's sprite.
Five slots (six) for accessories. Only accessories may be placed in these slots, and only here will their effects occur. Unlike armor, any accessory may be placed in any slot, even items that would seemingly override one another—it is possible to wear both Hermes Boots and Rocket Boots at the same time. Many of these items will appear on the player's sprite. Each Accessory slot has a small eye icon on the top right; clicking this icon will toggle the appearance of the accessory in that slot on and off. This has no effect on the accessory's function, however; hidden accessories will still work as normal, and activated accessories such as the Shield of Cthulhu may reappear while in use.
Using a Demon Heart will make an additional accessory slot available. This slot is only usable in Expert or Master Mode – entering a classic world will cause the item in the additional slot to stop functioning, and if removed it cannot be replaced until the player returns to an Expert or Master world.
A player in a Master Mode world will have an additional accessory slot. This slot is only usable in Master Mode – entering a Classic or Expert world will cause the item in the additional slot to stop functioning, and if removed it cannot be replaced until the player returns to a Master world.
Similar to the vanity armor slots, these accessory slots are purely aesthetic.
On 主机版、 前代主机版、和 , accessories equipped here will override those in the matching slot, even if they occupy different areas of the player's sprite—equipping a 版Winter Cape as a vanity item opposite a Bundle of Balloons will cause the Balloons to no longer display. However, some items, such as Wings, will still override their vanity slots while in use.
The additional accessory slot unlocked by the Demon Heart will also unlock a corresponding vanity slot. This slot is subject to the same Expert mode restrictions as its functional counterpart.
For players unconcerned about aesthetics, these slots can be used as storage for an additional 5 / 6 (6 / 7 after using Demon Heart) accessories. Accessories do not function while in a vanity slot, but storing an occasionally useful accessory in a vanity slot makes it easy to switch that accessory into a main slot when it is needed.
On 电脑版和 移动版, accessories that do not change the character’s appearance are not allowed to be placed in a Social Accessory slot. Those which can be placed in a Social Accessory slot will have the Tooltip "Can be worn in vanity slots".
一种用于捕捉图像的特殊模式，可以通过点击盔甲栏上方的相机图标来访问。稍后可以在位于 Terraria 目录中的 captures 目录内存取所捕捉的图像。
用于管理 NPC 安排的菜单，可以通过点击盔甲栏上方的小房屋图标来访问。NPC 列表在右侧向下排列并在需要时向左延伸，按照 NPC 实现到游戏中的顺序排列。
- If all hotbar and storage slots are occupied, new items will not be picked up unless the player is carrying a 虚空袋.
- Only items that appear in the main inventory will be available for crafting. However, on the 电脑版 and 主机版, you can also use items in the storage item that you currently have open to craft.
- Objects in your inventory will carry over to other servers and worlds. This also includes equipped armor, coins in the coins slots, and ammo in the ammo slots.
- If you need more inventory room, you can move an item into the trash to hold it there for a little while. Be careful though, if you place another item over it in the trash, die, or exit the game, you will lose the item. Also, picked up items can not be collected into the trash.
- Another way to increase inventory slots is to always carry a Piggy Bank, Safe, and/or a Defender's Forge in your main inventory, because those three can be carried with items inside. Note: You can not place a Piggy Bank on the ground, therefore you will also need to carry a Work Bench or a Table or a Platform. To save the inventory space, you can also use a 钱币槽.
- On the Wii U, the player's character will jump if you tap the close button rather than pressing .
- 电脑版 220.127.116.11：
- Gamepad keybindings menu now has a slider that lets you adjust inventory navigation speed.
- Gamepad Menu/Inventory Menu Speed is also faster by default, and you can tap faster to go faster.
- 电脑版 1.3.1：添加了一个物品栏按钮来整理物品栏。
- 电脑版 18.104.22.168：
- 电脑版 22.214.171.124：修正了当你右键点击物品栏中的物品时的制作漏洞。
- 电脑版 1.2.4：修正了异常的物品堆叠大小会导致游戏在保存时崩溃的 Bug。修正了可以通过购买与出售可堆叠物品获利的漏洞。
- 电脑版 1.2：
- 收纳物品栏栏位数提升至 40（之前是 30）。
- 很多物品的最大堆叠数由 250 提升到999。
- 电脑版 1.1：
- 电脑版 1.0.6：
- 电脑版 1.0.5：
- 电脑版 1.0.4：添加了一个新的选项，在单人游戏中当物品栏处于打开状态时会暂停游戏，称为自动暂停。此选项默认关闭。