- 再生時間Regeneration Time (RT)：玩家進入再生狀態的時間。通常情況下，該值每遊戲刻會增加1，上限為3600。玩家受傷時該值會重置為零（停止再生）。
- 再生率Regeneration Rate (R): Hit Points (HP) regenerated per tick (1 point of R is equal to 0.5 HP/s). This increases the longer the RT (the longer the player has been avoiding damage).
- 再生計數器Regeneration Counter (RC): Increases by R per tick, becomes 120 or over, or -120 or less, it will be reduced or increased by 120, and player will gain or lose 1 health.
The base Regeneration Rate (R) is mainly determined by the Regeneration Time (RT), player's max Health (mHP), and whether player is standing or moving.
First, The RT is converted to an Effective Regeneration Time (eRT).
- If RT <= 1800, each 300 RT boosts eRT +1.
- If RT > 1800, each 600 RT boosts eRT +1.
Here is an illustration of the relationship between RT and eRT:
Then, the base Regeneration Rate
R = (mHP / 400 * 0.85 + 0.15) * eRT
- If the player is standing still, R will be multiplied by 1.25.
- If the player is moving, it will be multiplied by 0.5.
Finally, it will be rounded to the nearest whole number.
So, for a brief conclusion: the longer player not getting hurt, the higher maxim health player has, the higher for the natural health regeneration rate. Also, standing still(using an item or not) give a 2.5X healing bonus comparing to keep moving.
R is also affected by other items and buffs.
Note: Despite drowning being similar to life-draining debuffs, it only resets the RT and does not affect the RC and R. It directly reduces Hit Points instead.
|篝火||R +1 and base R x1.1|
|猩紅盔甲||Base R x1.5 |
RT +1 per tick
|奪命杖（增益）||R +3 (and 1 per 2 additional mobs affected)|
RT +5 per tick (and 1 per 2 additional mobs affected)
|快速治療（增益）||RC +6 per tick|
These apply if the player doesn't have any life-draining debuffs:
|生命星雲||Sets R = 0 if it's less than 0 |
R +10 for each buff level (30 at the third level)
- Feral Bite debuff: Base R is multiplied x0.5.
- Bleeding debuff: Keeps RT reset to 0, so base R remains at 0.
These cancel the R boosts above, reset RT to 0, and reduce R by these values:
- Poisoned: -4
- On Fire!: -8
- Venom, Cursed Inferno, Frostburn: -12
- Burning: -60
- Suffocation: -40.
- Electrified: -8 (when standing still), or -32 (when moving).
- The Tongue: -100 only in Expert Mode.
|R <= -4||R 提高 6|
|-4 < R <= 0||R 變為 2|
|R > 0||R 提高 2|
- Which means Honey reduces the rate of any life-draining debuff.
- Honey additionally boosts RT +2 per tick (RT increase is 3x as fast).
If the player is using items or not standing still, it will reset the multipliers of the Feral Bite debuff and Expert Mode to 0.75 from 0.5. Both of them only reduce the regeneration speed by 25% instead of the previous 50%. It will also multiply base R x1.1.
If the player is not using any items and almost standing still (it allows small amounts of movement), the following effects are applied in addition to those above:
- If the player has any life-draining debuffs so that R is less than 0, R is reduced by half (if you also have Honey buff, then it increases R by 4 first(but no more than 0), then, R is reduced by half, finally, the Honey buff additionally increase R by 2.).
- R +4.
- RT +4 per tick.
- If 90 < RT < 1800, RT is reset to 1800.
- When RT > 3000, it will remove the RT cap, and every 300 RT above 3000 will boost eRT +1 (this part is capped at 30, so it will give an eRT maxed at 38 instead of the previous 9).
- Finally, if R > 0, RC is boosted +1 per tick.
So, if the player is at 600 max HP, with the Shiny Stone and standing still, in Expert mode, without Well Fed:
R = (600 / 400 * 0.85 + 0.15) * 38 * 1.25 * 0.75 * 1.1 + 4 = 63
- RC is additionally boosted +1 per tick
- = 32 Hit Points per second regeneration rate.
To illustrate how the items, buffs and debuffs interact with each other, here is a more complex example:
It would work in the step shown below:
- The Regeneration buff and Charm of Myth increase the R by 4 and 1 respectively, so, R=5.
- The life-draining debuffs cancel the effect above and set R to 0.
- The Venom and On Fire! reduce R by 12 and 8 respectively, so, R=-20.
- As the R<0, the Honey buff increased the R by 4, so, R=-16.
- As the R is still less than 0, the Shiny Stone reduces it by half, so, R=-8.
- Then the Honey, Shiny Stone and Heart Lantern increase R by 2, 4 and 2 respectively, so, R=0.
- As player have life-draining debuffs, the RT will remain 0, so player would not get any natural health regeneration.
- As R is not more than 0, the Shiny Stone won't provide the RC +1 per tick bonus.
So, player has R=0, and will neither gain or lose health.
Then, if player place a Campfire nearby, it will give R +1 boost and give player a 0.5 HP/s regeneration rate; in addition, as R>0, the Shiny Stone will now provide the RC +1 per tick bonus, which means an additional 0.5 HP/s regeneration rate. So, player will have a 1 HP/s regeneration rate.
However, if player is have Rapid Healing buff (which gives the RC +6 per tick effect and does not affect R) instead of the Campfire, the Shiny Stone won't provide the RC +1 per tick bonus. So player will finally get a 3 HP/s regeneration rate.