When the Tax Collector is present,
50*50 will be earned per real-world minute (each in-game hour), for each NPC that has a house – including the Tax Collector himself. The Tax Collector stores these funds, up to 100000*10. Speaking to him will reveal the amount stored thus far, and offer the option to collect. On the 电脑版, his tax limit (as well as his current funds and how much he collects per minute) varies depending on his current happiness; thus, how much he earns per minute will be between 33*33 and 66*66, while his limit will be between 66666*66666 and 133333*133333.
更多信息，参见 NPC 快乐度。
- When the Tax Collector's maximum storage of
100000*10 is reached, he will not collect any further coins until the player collects from him.
- Time passed using the Journey Mode time menu counts towards his total.
- The Tax Collector can be teleported using the King statue.
- With 20 town NPCs, the Tax Collector will collect
1000*10 every minute, collecting 24000*240 per in-game day.
- Bringing some Purification Powder when going to kill the Wall of Flesh for the first time, will let the player recruit the Tax Collector almost immediately after starting Hardmode, even before returning to the surface or breaking altars.
During Rain :
During a 雷雨:
When the player clicks "Collect" and money is collected:
When the player clicks "Collect" and there is no money to be collected:
When in a Snow biome:
When in the Hallow:
When near the Merchant:
When near the Mechanic:
When near Santa Claus:
- The Tax Collector is a reference to Ebenezer Scrooge from the Charles Dickens story A Christmas Carol. Scrooge is a greedy, grumpy old man with a cane and top hat, mutton chops, and a hunched back. Many of his quotes are references to the story. Additionally this is why he prefers the Snow biome, dislikes Christmas and hates Santa.
- 税收官不参加派对事件，这几乎可以肯定是故意这么弄的，并且可能是另一处对史古基（Ebenezer Scrooge）的引用，因为他们俩都不庆祝。
- The quote "告诉<name of Arms Dealer>别再用弹药抵缴税款了，我连把枪都没有。" is possibly a reference to the post-apocalyptic fiction novel Metro 2033, where ammo is used as currency. However, it's more likely that the Arms Dealer is making a veiled threat to shoot the Tax Collector rather than paying him, and the Tax Collector doesn't understand the undertone. Money can be used as ammo for the Coin Gun.
- The quote "别告诉别人...我实在不明白他们为什么懒得付租金" exists in the game's source code, but never appears, possibly due to a coding error.
- All the NPCs the Tax Collector likes or loves dislike or hate him in return.
- In the Switch版 of the game, there used to be a chance the Tax Collector will be spawned with the name “TaxCollectorNames.Name_20”. The Tax Collector only has 19 names in total, so this is likely a small programming error. This has been fixed in the 1.0.1096.2 update ( 1.3.5 equivalent).
- 税收官的 怪物图鉴条目：“This grumpy Tax Collector has literally been to hell and back. Greedy to a fault, he's truly only concerned with money.”
- 电脑版 18.104.22.168：Added variances in his coin collection rates and max coin storage based on his happiness level.
- 电脑版 1.3.1：修正税收官不会使用他的某些聊天对话的问题。
- 电脑版 22.214.171.124：引入。
- 主机版 1.0.933.1：引入。（）
- 主机版 1.0.750.0：引入。（）
- Switch版 1.0.1096.2：Fixed a naming bug.
- 移动版 126.96.36.199：引入。
- 信息来自 电脑版 188.8.131.52 源代码，method
Terraria.Main.cs. Note that tax amounts are converted to a floating-point number, then divided by the current happiness price adjustment, then truncated to an integer; hence, e.g.
100000*10 divided by a 150% price modifier gives 66666*66666 due to the truncation.