- 内部 NPC ID: 172
- 符文巫师只在一定深度以下才能生成。此深度可以通过将地下层底部和地狱层底部的绝对深度相加然后除以 2 来确定。由于世界生成过程是随机化的，对于不同的世界这个值会有所不同。
- Despite making no attempt to touch players as part of his attacks, the Rune Wizard inflicts extreme contact damage, enough to kill most players in around 3 hits. His spells deal far less damage, but he can nonetheless be very dangerous to players with weak Hardmode items, especially if he spawns in an unreachable place.
- The Rune Wizard inflicts the second most contact damage of all enemies, and the fourth most damage in the game. His contact damage is as much damage as the Pirate Captain's cannonballs, Skeleton Sniper's sniper bullets and Clown's bombs, fourth to the Martian Saucer's death ray (berserk), the Dungeon Guardian, and the Empress of Light if fought during day.
- An easy way to fight the Rune Wizard is to continually attack him. This will essentially paralyze him, preventing his attacks and teleportation. Lighting him on fire can be a very effective way to fight him.
- Due to the extreme contact damage, it is easiest to fight the Rune Wizard using ranged weapons. However, due to the narrow caves where he spawns, this can be difficult.
- The Rune Wizard can be considered the Hardmode version of Tim. The vanity items dropped closely resemble the same items dropped by Tim. The two also have similar spawn depths, attack patterns and drop unique items only obtainable by defeating them. Also, according to the Bestiary, the Rune Wizard is Tim's older brother.
- Due to the Rune Wizard's extremely low spawn rates and its spawn location requirements, it can easily be considered the rarest enemy in the game.
- 符文巫师的 怪物图鉴条目：“蒂姆的哥哥，更强大，长得也更帅。他也喜欢高温环境，但不喜欢极热环境。”
- 电脑版 1.3.5：外观更新。
- 电脑版 220.127.116.11：现在会掉落它自己的相应旗帜了。
- 电脑版 1.2：引入。
- 主机版 1.02：引入。
- 移动版 1.2.6508：引入。