- One of the best ways to farm Sea Snails is during a Solar Eclipse, since that event highly increases the enemy spawn rate (almost as high as during a Blood Moon). The key factor from this method is that Solar Eclipse enemies cannot spawn in water, only being able to spawn in the nearby beach or any cave below the sea, and they rarely come to the ocean water. Most of the time, the player will only fight the regular Ocean enemies with an increased spawn rate, and only very occasionally encounter an Eclipse enemy.
- Even though it is already a liquid, it cannot be used as a dye until it is crafted into Purple Dye.
- In the 主机版和 前代主机版, the name is incorrectly spelled "Mucos".
- The ancient Phoenicians used murex (a species of snail) to make purple dye, which was often worth its weight in silver. The desire to emulate the high real-life value of such dye may be the reason why sea snails are so rare in-game.
- 电脑版 22.214.171.124：Renamed from "Purple Mucous" to "Purple Mucus".
- 电脑版 126.96.36.199：
- Sprite updated.
- Renamed from "Purple Mucos" to "Purple Mucous", which is still incorrect.
- Now produces 2 Purple Dyes instead of 1.
- 电脑版 1.2：Introduced.
- 主机版 1.02：Introduced.
- Switch版 1.0.711.6：Introduced.
- 移动版 1.2.6508：Introduced.