- The lifesteal set bonus from the Spectre Hood does not work with the fully charged beam.
- The beam will stop firing after 1 minute of continuous use, but will continue to drain mana. However, this is only achievable with certain setups like using Spikes and Celestial Cuffs, or a Mana flower with a large supply of Super Mana Potions. It’s also possible to achieve this by using a Journey Mode character in godmode.
- The Last Prism is the strongest pre-1.4 item but post-1.4 it competes with the Zenith for the strongest weapon.
- Against 8 target dummies, the weapon is capable of reaching over 30,000 damage per second with good modifiers.
- Although Super Mana Potions are the only effective way to continuously shoot the beam, the Mana Sickness debuff they incur heavily reduces its damage output. If this is not of the player's concern, the Mana Flower can be a helpful asset. If it is, there are quite a few other workarounds:
- It is also possible to set up statues of enemies with a 1-Second Timer, and use minions or traps/lava to kill them. Then using the Celestial Magnet or its upgrades, the player continuously picks up mana Stars. Statues of the Skeleton, Crab, slimes, and other less mobile enemies are recommended.
- One can also use Magic Cuffs (or Celestial Cuffs) while standing on Spikes to fire the beam indefinitely. With a Celestial Stone, this results in very slow life loss, such that one can recover with potions. While not effective against many fast moving bosses, it can be used on events such as the 撒旦军队.
- With Nebula armor, an enemy statue farm (provides buffs), magic-boosting accessories, and a proper arena, it is possible to reach 250,000 points in the Pumpkin Moon. A similar effect can be achieved in the Frost Moon.
- With an enemy statue farm, it is possible to use the Last Prism almost infinitely (due to the time limit of using it per hold-click) by collecting the Stars dropped by killed enemies. Star Statues can increase this Star amount.
- With Nebula armor, a Mana Flower, and buffs from the Crystal Ball and Magic Power Potion, the Moon Lord can be easily defeated far before the 60-second use time of the Last Prism expires.
- It is only recommended using it in open-area combat as the beams can only partly go through solid blocks. The Lunar Flare, another magic weapon dropped by the Moon Lord, serves better for this purpose.
- For the first few seconds during usage, this weapon produces a sound () similar to that of Jetpack, the Rocket Boots, the Aqua Scepter, and the Golden Shower.
- This item could be considered an upgrade to the Charged Blaster Cannon, as both have a high-每秒伤害 beam.
- The super beam is also similar to the Phantasmal Deathray launched by the Moon Lord and the True Eyes of Cthulhu. Coincidentally, the Moon Lord's beam in Expert mode also does 300 damage, and the other eyes deal around 100, which corresponds to the weapon's damage when focused and unfocused. However, the Moon Lord and his minions will cause invincibility frames while the Last Prism will not.
- The Last Prism used to have the highest overall DPS of any weapon in Terraria, but it has since been surpassed by the Zenith.
- However, it still possesses the highest magic DPS in the game.
- The beams change to various different colors if the character's name is one of the following names listed below, which are the names of various testers for Terraria. Having the name "Random" will also randomize the colors. The same effect is true of the drops from the Empress of Light.
List of names Name Color(s) Acamaeda Green/Yellow/Orange Aeroblop Green/Yellow Alchemystics Pink/Blue/Light Blue Antithesis Purple/Blue Arkhalis Pink/Blue Aurora3500 Green/Dark Green Cenx Green/Pink Criddle Orange/Red/Pink/Purple Crowno Purple/Blue Darkhalis Pink/Blue Darthkitten White/Red darthmorf Dark Red/Black Devalaous Purple/Blue/Light Blue Discipile Cyan/Black Doylee Red/Pink/Blue Ghostar White/Blue Grox The Great Light Blue/Green Jaxrud Yellow/Green Jenosis Purple/Blue/Light Blue Kazzymodus Green Khaios Dark Green/Black Lazure Light Blue/Blue/Pink Leinfors Purple/Blue Loki Red/Black ManaUser Blue/Light Blue/Green Mid Dark Red/Pink/Purple Nike Leon Orange/Red ppowersteef Blue/Black RBrandon Red/Black Redigit Blue Serenity Pink/White Sigma Yellow/Orange/Red Suweeka Blue/Light Blue/Green Tsuki Pink Unit One Blue/Light Blue/Green/Yellow Vulpes Inculta Purple/Blue W1K Purple/Blue Waze3174 Blue/Light Blue/Green/Yellow Xman101 Green/White Yoraiz0r Pink Zoomo Purple
- 电脑版 126.96.36.199：Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Discipile.
- 电脑版 188.8.131.52：Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Cenx, Crowno, Lazure, Jaxrud, Acamaeda, Alchemystics, Antithesis, Aurora3500, Criddle, Darthkitten, darthmorf, Jenosis, Kazzymodus, Khaios, Loki, ManaUser, Mid, ppowersteef, RBrandon, Redigit, Serenity, Sigma, Unit One, Vulpes Inculta, Waze3174, Xman101, or Zoomo.
- 电脑版 184.108.40.206：Fixed silent crash when using Last Prism in Multiplayer.
- 电脑版 220.127.116.11：Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Grox the Great.
- 电脑版 18.104.22.168：Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Suweeka, W1K or Random.
- 电脑版 22.214.171.124：Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Nike Leon.
- 电脑版 126.96.36.199：引入。
- 主机版 1.0.933.1：引入。（）
- 主机版 1.0.750.0：引入。（）
- 移动版 188.8.131.52：引入。
- 嘀嗒是可由软件计数的时间单位。泰拉瑞亚的大多数更新逻辑都会每嘀嗒发生一次。一个嘀嗒的长度为 1/60 秒，因此一秒钟内有 60 嘀嗒，一分钟内有 3600 嘀嗒。