|类型||消耗品 – 制作材料|
|大小||1格宽 × 1格高|
|买入||10 (regular Rope only)|
|卖出||2 (all types except Vine Rope)|
All Rope variants operate identically, but silk and web ropes are immune to falling lava as opposed to normal and vine ropes which will be dislodged similar to 火把es.
All ropes are acquired in different ways:
- 绳 can be found randomly in 宝箱s and 罐子s, as a bonus drop from 史莱姆s, or purchased from the 商人 and 骷髅商人 for 10 each.
- 藤蔓绳 is acquired by destroying 蔓藤 while the 植物纤维绳索宝典 is equipped in a non-vanity accessory slot. It is the only rope type that doesn't have a sell value.
- 丝绸绳 is crafted from one 丝绸, producing 30 Silk Rope, at the 织布机.
- 蛛丝绳 is crafted from one 蛛网, producing 3 Web Rope, by hand.
Visually, the player appears to move along Rope using a mechanical tool with wheels, as though they were riding a rail (this tool appears automatically when using Rope, and does not exist as a separate item).
Vertical movement speed on Rope equals that of a freefall, though moving down via Rope and hitting the ground will not cause 掉落伤害. Sideways movement is also possible, by placing adjacent Rope horizontally, but is much slower. Rope can be placed atop existing placed Rope, which will extend the total length of the rope downward, without the player actually having to be at the bottom of the Rope column.
10 Rope can be crafted into a 绳圈, which produces the same resulting Rope placement, but cannot be placed directly. It is instead thrown at blocks. On impact, a Rope Coil becomes a placed vertical stack of ten Ropes. If the throw misses blocks, it drops as the Rope Coil item. If it impacts but cannot extend down 10 tiles due to other blocks in the way, the excess Ropes drop as Rope items. Rope Coils cannot be hung in midair from background walls, as the ordinary Rope item can.
| Vine Rope
| Silk Rope
| Web Rope
- All varieties of rope include a "+3 range" attribute, not unlike 扳手es and 钢丝钳s, that allows the item to be used from further away. As in the case of the wrenches and wire cutters, this does not affect players utilizing placed ropes.
- Ascent speed is 41 mph. Descent speed is 51 mph.
- A glitch in the 3DS version causes rope to multiply downwards at no extra rope cost if an eighth piece of rope is added to a vertical string of 7 pieces of rope. The multiplication is finite, however, and it will eventually stop.
- Rope works very well for building Hellevators because players descend at the same speed as free-fall, and ascend fairly quickly as well. It's very easy to obtain and can be placed at the top of the Hellevator over and over again to bring the rope all the way down.
- The player can also place rope even if the top is anchored to nothing, and can even extend it skyward, the only requirement being that the original rope is anchored to a block or background wall. This can be used to easily access 漂浮岛s: build a rope column upwards while climbing skyward. Similarly, rope can be used quickly ascend to the surface when you are exploring the ocean.
- Flying into a rope and continuing to move on the rope will maintain the velocity of flight.
- Making silk rope instead of cobweb rope is better as silk requires less amounts of cobweb thus allowing the player to make more rope. (The difference of the amount of ropes is 9. you can get 30 silk ropes for the value of 21 web ropes.)
- Range increased from +2 to +3.
- Introduced new varieties of rope: Web Rope, Silk Rope, and Vine Rope.