Moss is a grass-like plant that grows on Stone Blocks. It comes in five / six / nine colors, and one color can be found throughout each third of a given map (three colors per world), either randomly on cave surfaces or in "moss chambers" with a matching mossy stone wall. Moss sprouts fuzz that can be cut like grass weeds, or can be collected using a Paint Scraper on 电脑版 188.8.131.52. Only a small percentage of such moss will drop as an item when using a paint scraper, the rest will simply disappear as usual. Collected moss can be placed on stone or Gray Bricks, or used to craft mossy stone walls. Mossy stone requires one more hit to break than clean stone. Moss will be destroyed if the stone block it is on converts to ebonstone, crimstone, or pearlstone. Lava Moss is a special variant of moss that can only be found in the lava layers of the Cavern, though if harvested, it can be planted at any level. Despite not being considered one of the Glowing Mosses, it glows in the dark. Glowing Mosses are special variants of moss that grow in Glowing Moss Caves in much larger areas than standard moss, and glow in the dark similarly to lava moss. It comes in three versions: Krypton, Xenon, and Argon. Only one type of Glowing Moss can be found in each world, in a total of up to 2 (Small) / 3 (Medium) / 4 (Large) areas in the Cavern layer, mostly above the lava layers, but not under the Spawn area.
- Moss slowly spreads across exposed Stone Blocks and Gray Bricks at any depth, once planted (including above ground). If the player does not have access to a Paint Scraper to collect moss with, a player can grow extra moss by building "bridges" of stone for existing moss to grow across.
- The Staff of Regrowth can be used on Stone Blocks to grow moss at any depth. The type of moss will vary depending on the proximity to other types of moss. As such, one can spread the Lava Moss from the cavern's lava layers all the way up to the surface.
- "A sight to dwell upon and never forget" is a quote by Morris Travers, an English chemist who worked with Sir William Ramsay in the discovery of xenon, neon and krypton.
- Glowing moss (including lava moss) share the same colors as the Lunar Fragments.
- 电脑版 184.108.40.206：
- Fire Moss renamed into Lava Moss.
- Added Krypton, Xenon, and Argon Moss.
- Mosses have now been given an item form and can be collected with a Paint Scraper.
- Mosses can now be crafted into Moss Walls, and vice versa.
- Moss can now spread and be placed on Gray Bricks.
- All mosses now have official names.
- Staff of Regrowth can no longer place Moss on bare stone.
- 电脑版 1.2：引入。
- 主机版 1.02：引入。
- 移动版 1.2.6508：引入。