The 蛇发女妖头 is a chargeable 困难模式 魔法武器 that has a 1% chance to be dropped by 蛇发女妖, who is found in 大理石洞s. This weapon can be charged for up to 3 seconds to deal additional damage, consuming 10 魔力 per second to a maximum cost of 30. A 1-second charge doubles the damage, while the full charge of 3 seconds triples the damage. When the full charge is achieved, the weapon will automatically discharge, hitting all 敌怪 inside a circle with a radius of 50 blocks. It cannot pass through 物块.
Its best 修饰语 is 神话.
- While Medusa can be summoned pre-Hardmode by a 蛇发女妖雕像, it will never drop any items, including the Medusa Head.
- Medusa's head is very powerful against enemies with multiple segments. As a full charge can deal over 100 damage to each individual segment, most worm enemies can instantly be killed. It can even deal lots of damage to 毁灭者.
- This item, plus a piercing weapon can easily take out a 飞龙, as the head damages each section of the enemy.
- Some 困难模式 invasion 事件s, such as the 海盗入侵 and 哥布林入侵, can be easily dealt with.
- The center point of the Medusa Head's effect is not the raised head, but rather the front of your torso, just below your face. As a result, enemies that appear to be targetable may not be affected. In addition, there appears to be an exactly 2 block minimum space requirement for the attack to "pass through" and hit a target, causing walls in narrow vertical tunnels to block attacks going straight up or down due to the start point being off center from the tunnel.
- Enemies near walls or slopes can sometimes be completely missed by this weapon's attack, even with no obstructing blocks between the player and the enemy. This seems to happen much more consistently on smaller enemies such as 绿史莱姆s.
- Medusa's Head does not work in PvP.
- If the player gets a 暴击, the head will deal critical damage to all targets when used rather than damaging one.
- Medusa's head originates from the Greek legend of Perseus, who was commanded by King Polydectes to kill Medusa and return with her head, and later on he used it to save Andromeda by turning Ketos into stone.
- When used, the snakes on Medusa's head will stick out their tongues, and her eyes will flash.
- When using a Medusa Head while riding a 矿车 on a slope, the head will appear to float.
- Damage increased from 28 to 45.
- Mana cost increased from 8 to 10.
- Is now a hardmode item.
- Is now able to get 'Mythical' modifier.