The 蜘蛛法杖 is a 困难模式 召唤武器 that spawns a spider character that follows the player and performs melee attacks by latching on to 敌怪. If enough of them attack the same enemy, it can be stunlocked. The spiders have a chance to inflict the 毒液 减益, can climb walls, and jump high. Like other minions, summoned spiders are invincible and follow the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, leaves the world, or cancels the 增益.
Its best 修饰语 is 无情. The 神话 modifier provides the widest array of stats bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, Minions cannot deal 暴击s. The only significant advantage a 神话 Spider Staff has over a 无情 one is 击退.
- Unlike most minions, a spider only takes up .75 of 1 minion slot. Therefore, with 4 potential minions, 5 can be summoned, and with 8 potential minions, 10 can be summoned, etc. This can be especially useful if the player wants a larger pack of summons rather than a more powerful one.
- The Spider minion's ability to move freely on background 墙s makes it much more effective in areas with good wall coverage. It is otherwise limited to walking and jumping, it cannot fly, and it has no projectile attack, limiting its effectiveness against flying enemies. It can fly in order to catch up to the player, but not for the purposes of attacking.
- Easily acquired when first entering 困难模式, as most players will have already found a Spider cave before it begins. Simply return there to kill the 黑隐士s that begin spawning in Hardmode. Black Recluses can take a while to defeat with pre-Hardmode equipment, but the effort is worth it.
- Each time the spider is summoned, it has a random one of three possible sprite graphics. They are all functionally identical.
- This and the 蜘蛛女王法杖 are the only items that can inflict the Venom debuff before any 机械 Boss have been defeated.
- The staff appears to be a four legged spider.
- Damage increased from 25 to 26.
- Knockback increased from 2 to 3.
- Now latches on to enemies.
- Each spider now counts as .75 of a minion.