Beenades are a type of 手榴弹 that can be dropped by the 蜂王 Boss or crafted on the 电脑版 using 手榴弹s and 蜂蜡. They act similarly to the regular Grenade, though do not cause friendly-fire damage. Upon exploding, a swarm of 蜜蜂s are released that home in on 敌怪. Each bee can attack or ricochet a total of 3 times. Each bee hit inflicts the total Beenade damage.
- The bees are the same as those fired from the 蜜蜂枪, so Beenades count as magic damage and trigger the 幽灵盔甲's set bonus.(Note that the bees coming out of the grenade doesn't take effect on magic damage bonus.)
- Beenades that explode in 水 and 熔岩 will not spawn bees. Bees instantly despawn on contact with either. Bees do spawn in 蜂蜜, though they move slower until they exit.
- Bees spawned from Beenades act as entities, and therefore there can only be 400 in a world at any given time (likely less if there are other objects/coins floating around somewhere). Since each Beenade spawns 16 bees upon exploding, it would take 25 Beenades to completely exhaust the DPS output limit of Bees, given that no other Bee-spawning items are used, and given that there are no other entities in the world (400-[number of loose entities]/16=25).
- Beenades do not work in PvP.
- Beenades are perhaps best used in large, open spaces. While the lack of friendly-fire damage allows them to be used safely in enclosed spaces, the real damage is caused by the bee swarm. Tight spaces have a higher chance of having bees bouncing off surfaces, thereby reducing potential damage.
- Beenades are exceptionally effective against certain bosses. Against the 血肉墙 they swarm the Hungries, taking them out very quickly. 10-30 can kill the Wall of Flesh in normal mode. 60-80 will kill the Wall of Flesh in expert mode.
- If there are a high number of loose entities in your world (objects/coins/blocks), be aware that spawning many Bees can likely cause the oldest entities to despawn, causing the oldest objects to be lost forever. It may therefore be wise to collect all loose, valuable items before you intend to spam Bee-spawning items.
- 'Beenade' is a portmanteau of 'bee' and 'grenade'.
- 126.96.36.199: -
- Can now be crafted.
- Weapon type changed from Ranged to Thrown.